Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

CCM Tacks Stick

If you plan on hitting Pure Hockey, you might want to wait until Thursday as it will be 20% off.

If you plan on hitting Pure Hockey, you might want to wait until Thursday as it will be 20% off.

Good to know, thanks. Went yesterday and PH didn't have the Landeskog. They should have it for me by Friday.

Didn't hold out very long. Went out this morning and picked up a Tacks stick. First CCM stick since the old wood days when I was 8 or 9.

Had a chance to see the 1052, for $169 it looks to be a pretty nice stick.

the 1052 is actually their 59 dollar price point stick, so if you were impressed that much thinking it was 169 it must be amazing! ill have to look at it next time im in store.

I think he meant the 5052?

Yes I did, I was paying more attention to the price points than I was the model numbers.

Just got home, used my Tacks stick for the first time since SJ. All I can say is - holy shit!

I noticed a good deal more velocity on my shots, and so did the goalie. Think I surprised him with a few shots tonight.

Used my new Tacks stick for the first time last night. Release on that stick is stupendous. Got many good shots off and ripped slappers in warm ups. And... for good measure scored a goal in a playoff game!! Loving that stick right now!

Based on the rave feedback here at MSH I ordered one. I had the original RBZ and loved it...total workhorse...beat the hell out of it and it never broke, and always kicked hard. Still have it, but I ended up moving away from the blade pattern, and it was a tad on the heavy side.

Being 5'9" the fact that CCM made their 75 flexes shorter was a big deal for me. Really excited about this one! It will be interesting to compare it to the Easton I'm using now.

I had the RBZ in the Landy curve...still have a Ribcore lightly used with the same pattern as well. I was ok with that pattern but ultimately I felt I was all around better with the old standby...the E3 Hall/P92/NH. The hook on the Landy was just a little much for me.

Currently I am using the HTX with the E3. Great feel with that stick, but a somewhat blah shot...I expected a little more for the re-integration of the Synergy name.

Does this play stiffer or same as other popular mid kicks? Have always used 75 flex in all sticks but went up to 85 recently on warrior qr1. Would have to cut a few inches off tacks so don't know how much stiffer it will feel

I got a Pro Stock version from a buddy who knows the CCM rep. The stick is crazy smooth. I've been using a CCM RBZ Stage 2 and since using the Tacks stick it now feels like a old POS woodie.

Blade is stiff with a lot of feel. Flex point is great for wrist shots and slap shots. Its the most linear feeling flex sticks I've ever used. Only stick that has come close is the Bauer TotalOne Supreme. Close but still light years away.

I can honestly say I truly loved this stick but after only 5 uses and outside of my warranty period sadly mine broke. I got a crack that split all the way through right above the blade around the fuse point.

I can honestly say I truly loved this stick but after only 5 uses and outside of my warranty period sadly mine broke. I got a crack that split all the way through right above the blade around the fuse point.

Mine are holding up nicely. Got one gouge in the paint from the top of blade up the shaft but it is only cosmetic.

I got a Pro Stock version from a buddy who knows the CCM rep. The stick is crazy smooth. I've been using a CCM RBZ Stage 2 and since using the Tacks stick it now feels like a old POS woodie.

Blade is stiff with a lot of feel. Flex point is great for wrist shots and slap shots. Its the most linear feeling flex sticks I've ever used. Only stick that has come close is the Bauer TotalOne Supreme. Close but still light years away.

had someone want to know what curve and thought I would show off a little.

While I am no pro its still cool to have a prostock in the bag. :dry:

IMG_3977_zpsbfb12718.jpg

IMG_3978_zps58213e45.jpg

IMG_3979_zps633340e0.jpg

IMG_3980_zps5dcc1594.jpg

I guess I should contribute, as I just recently got to try one, since I got an amazing deal through ccm on it, and used it for the first time yesterday. First thing I noticed that it is extremely light, almost so that it threw me off while I was stick handling on occasion. the balance again is also very nice, especially after being taped up it did not feel blae heavy in the slightest.

People asked about how the flex plays, I use 85 on all my sticks and this one feels pretty dead on, I agree that in the past ccm's have felt a bit stiffer out of the box, but this one did not and it kicks hard. my snap shots had a noticeable little bit of extra kick behind them, and I didnt have to put more into my shots.

The new blade is where I was awestruck. the feel on this is one of the best I've felt on more recent sticks that I've tried (rbz stage 2, ek 15, apx2) did not feel pingy, but felt very responsive, and i noticed that catching passes was easy, even with one hand.

I'll post more thoughts once it gets some more use, but so far I am very impressed. Well done ccm.

Really happy with this stick up to this point. Great pop on all types of shots!

With some of the other brands mid-kicks I have to have my lower hand pretty low to get a hard wrist or snap shot...not with this one. For a mid-kick stick it has a good quick release, and of course as you might imagine great pop on slappers. The only really small complaint I have is the CCM P19 blade pattern. Of course, it is a pretty subtle difference between this and the E3/P92...but just wish it was identical to E3.