Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gboyce

Mako II Skate Sizing

Hey guys

I work in the industry but our shop does not carry much in the way of Easton skates (the only one is a low end rec skate). I am just wondering how these skates would be fit compared to say a Bauer sizing. I currently wear 7EE in an Vapor APX2 and am thinking about pulling the trigger on some new wheels.

Any help is appreciated!

I wore 8EE in Bauer Vapor x60's before I got my Mako I's. I was able to fit into 7.5EE. I still needed the extra width. Hope that helps.

Bauer Vapor 9.5D they were pretty tight and uncofortable

CCM U+12 9.5D, fit felt pretty good, but they killed my ankles after a month

Easton Stealth RS 9.5D, eh

Bauer Vapor x5.0 9.5EE (they feel a little sloppy width wise)

I currently wear Mako 9.5D. The Mako felt really tight when I first tried them on, but molded really nicely once they were baked and fit great now. Err on the side of tightness with these skates because they will really mold to your feet. Read the Mako thread about the outer edge skate rub though, because if you don't address it, it can be pretty rough.

I'm also looking for a new pair of skates.

How is the Mako II width compared to Easton Stealth S17 for example? There is no Mako II in stock where i live in, so just trying to guess what size i could fit into.

I Have been using Easton Stealth -skates for couple of years now, always in size 9R. I Have tried Supreme NXG in size 8,5D, too narrow from the midfoot. APX2 8EE, lenght good but had pain in the outsides of my foot. Reebok 20K 8E, width pretty good, but too small in lenght. Should i try 8 or 8.5? D or EE?

How is the Mako II width compared to Easton Stealth S17 for example? There is no Mako II in stock where i live in, so just trying to guess what size i could fit into.

I Have been using Easton Stealth -skates for couple of years now, always in size 9R. I Have tried Supreme NXG in size 8,5D, too narrow from the midfoot. APX2 8EE, lenght good but had pain in the outsides of my foot. Reebok 20K 8E, width pretty good, but too small in lenght. Should i try 8 or 8.5? D or EE?

Try a D. Everyone's feet are different, but I wore the S15, S17, MLX, Mako 1, and now the Mako 2, all in size 8D.

Thanks for your reply.

When i bought my first S17, they first felt pretty short, and my toes were against the toecap all time, but after week or two use, they were perfect lenght wise.

So what do you think, should i try 8 or 8.5?

Is the "Mako bump" issue now fixed in?

Thanks for your reply.

When i bought my first S17, they first felt pretty short, and my toes were against the toecap all time, but after week or two use, they were perfect lenght wise.

So what do you think, should i try 8 or 8.5?

Is the "Mako bump" issue now fixed in?

I had an issue with Mako I when I first got them. I was able to heat it out, and haven't had any issue with Mako IIs

[i am a 10D in my S17s, I first tried a 9.5D Mako which was acceptable, but still too large- so I sold them and bought 9D Makos and they're perfect.

I am a 10D in my S17s, I first tried a 9.5D Mako which was acceptable, but still too large- so I sold them and bought 9D Makos and they're perfect.

I second this. I had 8.0D Easton S12s and moved to Makos in size 7.5D. I had a chance to try 7.0Ds which were demos at my LHS and am changing my pair to 7.0Ds (I had warranty issues and Easton is allowing me to change sizes down to 7.0!) Fit perfectly.

Read the Mako thread about the outer edge skate rub though, because if you don't address it, it can be pretty rough.

Are Maki II having some type of run through issue? I can't find a thread you referring to.

Are Maki II having some type of run through issue? I can't find a thread you referring to.

The referred to issue is the "mako bumps" on this board in multiple postings (most in the epic/long Mako skates thread, i.e. here.

I too have this chafing issue on the Mako II and have to wear neoprene ankle sleeves, so does a teammate, while another has no issue at-all in her M8. Still it doesn't bother me, as I've just bought another pair of Mako II's - its just that I wouldn't skate on them for a game without the sleeves.

The referred to issue is the "mako bumps" on this board in multiple postings (most in the epic/long Mako skates thread, i.e. here.

I too have this chafing issue on the Mako II and have to wear neoprene ankle sleeves, so does a teammate, while another has no issue at-all in her M8. Still it doesn't bother me, as I've just bought another pair of Mako II's - its just that I wouldn't skate on them for a game without the sleeves.

Interesting... I get same type of abrasions with APX2 sometimes, mostly if i do a lot of foot work....

Why another pair? Did first Mako II broke??

Nope, no "need" for another pair as mine are holding up great, but I got a good deal and like to have a pair of "backup" skates. So basically saying, I would (and did) buy them again :)

For the abrasions with most skates, heating the upper edge and "rolling" them out appears to work; with the Mako as the chafing (at least for me) is located further back due to the shape of the boot (the "edge" goes down significantly in the back to where the tendon guard is attached) this isn't always the case.