Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

AHL goalie stops two on zero breakaway by dislodging net

Huh, they should have just awarded a 2 on 0 penalty shot..... I know, there is no rule that allows for that. But, is there a rule that allows for a penalty shot to be given for delay of game?

Huh, they should have just awarded a 2 on 0 penalty shot..... I know, there is no rule that allows for that. But, is there a rule that allows for a penalty shot to be given for delay of game?

If there's no rule, they can't make up new rules on the spot.

And yes, there is absolutely a rule for the penalty shot for delay of game.

Yes there is a rule for it, and clearly leggio was aware of the rule as he immediately let the refs know it was a penalty shot. You have to officiate by the rules and don't go making thinks up (like one of the guys when I used to ref did in assessing a 5 minute Misconduct penalty, ughhhhh)

Who can honestly say they never made a cheap play in sport? Career with no penalties means edge not pushed enough.

There are folks who will never buy into the concept of "smart" fouls, or "if you're not cheating, you're not trying". I am one.

There is such a thing as a "good penalty".

That's opinion, not fact.

Like I said, some of us don't subscribe to that philosophy.

If your choice is allowing a breakaway or taking an interference or hooking penalty then you take the penalty.

No, I don't.

I'm not telling others how to play, just saying how I play.

I havent met D.Leggio, but when he played in TPS Turku my close friend did work for the team. He told me that leggio was talking about these kind of things then. I was told that he was an hilarious person. Always trying to think pranks like this.

I think this was good thing. Made the rules change. To good direction.

Coldheaded prank still.

What are you going to do with your future Lady Byng trophies? Put them on the shelf with the rest of them?

I put mine up right beside the Art Ross and Hart trophies my beer league hands out. :wink:

My stance is not as principled as wrangler's but I won't deliberately haul a guy down just because he has me beat and will be in on a breakaway. Now, I will see how much I can get away with as far as using my stick and body to at least minimize his ability to cut back inside. But I'm not going to just up and pull his feet out from underneath him because he'll get a scoring chance. In a competitive but friendly game that seems too unsportsmanlike for me.

As for this goalie's technique, I applaud his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. In a professional league, more power to him.