Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjlasota

Shin suggestion?

Hey all, Back 15 years ago, I used to own a pair of the Easton Grey ultra light shins. Those wore out and I bought the ST16s, but absolutely hate them. They fit ok on my shin, but they look like logs, they're heavy, and the straps just don't hold them close enough to my shin. It takes a half roll of tape to keep them in place.

I'm 5'6, wear 14" shins, and i put them over my skate. Any suggestions out there for some shins that are smaller, light, and have good straps to hold them down with? I'll still use laces or tape, but the ST16 just don't hold at all. They're very protective, but I'm not pro, so i'm just playing in beer leagues and tournaments. Going back to the old Easton UL's, I love a shin pad that fits tight to my leg, that I know is there, and I know it won't be sliding around. The closest hockey shop to me is a couple hours away. Looking to spend close to $100 if needed.

I'm 5'6" and wear 14" shins over the tongue as well. I just picked up the New stealth shins yesterday and very impressed after one game in them. You can see them in the "show it off" thread. Not sure when they'll become more available as I haven't seen any of the big online retailers selling them as yet but if you can wait, might be worth it.

CCM RBZ, a little pricey but very light, protective and a strapping system that has no equal (you really don't need tape).

go to a LHS and try as many shins you can find.. What fits snug to me, might be very loose on you.. All pads are different.

Even though Bauer say the vapor pads are slim and tapered, they are actually kinda wide just below the knee, and then tapers down the shin.. If you have chicken legs, vapor shins wont fit..

Supreme on the other hand, look bulkier than vapors but does actually fit tighter and have a narrower fit.

So based on your preference,,,, you need to try on as many different kind of shin pads ass possible.. No one on here can tell you what will fit your shins the best

While I agree, the best fitting pad is the best pad for you. I don't think one needs to try on every pad in order to find a specific fit. I find shin pad fit to be somewhat generic. I do notice differences between brands, I just don't see them as, pad X is the only pad that will fit me.

Don't get me wrong, trying something on is never a bad idea.

the RBZ and its line will fit snug to your leg. I agree that the strapping system on it is wonderful, its the first shin guard that I don't use tape for (although I still use some clear for ice hockey, I don't use any tape for inline and its held up great). the top end model is very light for its level, and offers some good protections. I am not sure how it would work tongues in, however.

CCM RBZs are the lightest and have the most slim profile while still offering ALOT of protection...I think they got it right this time...these things are awesome and light and retain NO moisture...definitely worth a try...