Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jayseph101

Searching for a new bag

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find a wheeled xl size bag with end pockets and side skate pockets.

I have an old easton stealth S7 it's starting to fall apart. I like all the storage plus I need a large bag because all my gear is xl so I need all the storage I could get.

Can't help with all of those specs, I moved on to heavy duty carry bags, In my experience, skate pockets tend to rip and throw off the balance of a wheel bag.

It appears the Easton E700 may fit the bill. It has one end pocket and a side skate pocket and comes in a wheeled version. I don't see great reviews on their durability, though.

There's this Tackla as well.

pockets are going the way of the dough-dough. Best I found was the RBZ, huge bag with roomy end pockets, big enough to hold both skates in one pocket.

I have a mammoth and while it's easily the best bag I've ever used, part of me wants to go back to either a backpack bag or a grit. I use a grit for goalie and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

The more pockets the better, I love the grit for being able to separate everything.

+1 for GRIT. I find retail wheeled bags to be pure garbage, aside from GRIT (which is a tower really, not a bag). The full length zipper in the bottom of retail bags inevitably gets dysfuntional, and items fall through the zipper.

I am using the GRIT Goalie HT2 Sumo and also appreciate having the equivalent of a locker right in front of me when I am in the dressing room.

I have a mammoth and while it's easily the best bag I've ever used, part of me wants to go back to either a backpack bag or a grit. I use a grit for goalie and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

The more pockets the better, I love the grit for being able to separate everything.

If uh, you ever see your way clear to moving the mammoth bag...

Although I am curious about the Tower Bags (e.g. GRIT, RBK, CCM, etc.) ... I have had a GREAT experience with the BAUER CORE WHEELED BAG! It holds up very well. I use one of the end pockets to hold both of my size 12 skates, and my super-size gear (6'4" tall) fits nicely in the main compartment. The liner is holding up great and has very little//no smell.

NOTE: I am reasonably careful with my gear, yet I went through 3 EASTON bags in 6 months. The seams could not handle a 3x/week hockey schedule and would tear in different places. Upon the 3rd return, I bought the BAUER CORE bag that I still use regularly 2 years later.

Good luck! - #22

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find a wheeled xl size bag with end pockets and side skate pockets.
I have an old easton stealth S7 it's starting to fall apart. I like all the storage plus I need a large bag because all my gear is xl so I need all the storage I could get.

Although I am curious about the Tower Bags (e.g. GRIT, RBK, CCM, etc.) ... I have had a GREAT experience with the BAUER CORE WHEELED BAG! It holds up very well. I use one of the end pockets to hold both of my size 12 skates, and my super-size gear (6'4" tall) fits nicely in the main compartment. The liner is holding up great and has very little//no smell.

NOTE: I am reasonably careful with my gear, yet I went through 3 EASTON bags in 6 months. The seams could not handle a 3x/week hockey schedule and would tear in different places. Upon the 3rd return, I bought the BAUER CORE bag that I still use regularly 2 years later.

Good luck! - #22

I actually had great luck with my Bauer core bag as well. Non wheeled, though. I gave it to a friend of mine when I got a Mammoth though.

If uh, you ever see your way clear to moving the mammoth bag...

Now that I'm not playing as a skater anymore I don't see the need to have a super expensive bag anymore... I was thinking of putting it up on my for sale thread. Might as well get something out of it.