Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

Calder Trophy race

Had a brief conversation with a friend today about CMcD and his chances at the Calder. He thinks Panarin (Chi) and Gostisbehere (Phi) are the front runners, and while I don't disagree...I think if McDavid puts up 55-60 points in 45-ish games, he is going to get more than a few votes and make it interesting.

Thoughts?

It would be hard not to vote for him if he continues to dominate. Don't forget to toss Eichel into the mix. He is playing well on a dreadful Buffalo team.

He's going to have to score a lot to win it with so few games played, but games like their win last night (5 point night) make me think if anyone can do it, he can.

1. Gostisbehere, 2. Panarin, 3. Larkin, 4. McDavid. But I wouldn't be surprised if McDavid got it if he continues what he's doing now.

Look at Panarin's numbers without Kane and he's been very meh. Think that has to be considered. I'm biased towards Ghost because I'm a Flyers fan, but he's been nothing short of electric for this team, and is the only reason the team is sniffing a wild cart spot.

Sorry, forgot Eichel and Larkin. Just going by the names that he had brought up.

btw...Larkin and McDavid in a Faster Skater lap??? That would be impressive!

Had a brief conversation with a friend today about CMcD and his chances at the Calder. He thinks Panarin (Chi) and Gostisbehere (Phi) are the front runners, and while I don't disagree...I think if McDavid puts up 55-60 points in 45-ish games, he is going to get more than a few votes and make it interesting.

Thoughts?

I don't think anyone that plays in roughly half the games deserves to be the Calder winner. Ghost, Panarin and Larkin would be my finalists at this point but there is a lot of hockey to be played.

I've honestly never heard of him until now.

If you're talking about Gostisbehere, perhaps today you got to know him a bit better. Longest points streak for a NHL rookie defenseman in just under 40 years.

Also of note: Gostisbehere could become the first Flyers defenseman since 2005-2006 to score more than ten goals in a season. Chris Pronger and Michael Del Zotto both have notched ten, but not since 06 has anyone reached more than that, and it was 13 by Joni Pitkanen. I know the Flyers have always had a weak defense, but he's turning heads.

If you're talking about Gostisbehere, perhaps today you got to know him a bit better. Longest points streak for a NHL rookie defenseman in just under 40 years.

Also of note: Gostisbehere could become the first Flyers defenseman since 2005-2006 to score more than ten goals in a season. Chris Pronger and Michael Del Zotto both have notched ten, but not since 06 has anyone reached more than that, and it was 13 by Joni Pitkanen. I know the Flyers have always had a weak defense, but he's turning heads.

Interesting not a word about him on HNIC or TSN.

Gosthisbehere is sweet. I would personally choose Larkin if I were building a team (3+ years younger etc) but they are fairly neck and neck in my book for the Calder. Panarin is 3rd I think. Also I like asking my television what Bear does he gots.

Interesting not a word about him on HNIC or TSN.

He's not Canadian, did not play in the Canadian junior leagues and does not play for a Canadian team. Sadly, it's not surprising that they ignore him. If he were playing for Toronto or Montreal, his performance would be all over TSN or HNIC.