Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lmooney19

Best low profile shin guards

CCM CL or RBZ. Both discontinued, but you can still find a few pairs in stores and online. They new CCM QLT is another option, but I prefer the fit of the old models. You may feel differently.

I have skinny feet and I've been happy with Warrior's INT sized shins. The 14" INT HD pros I have are the same length but shallower and thinner than the SR ones.

I agree with JSK81 about the Warrior Intermediate pads as well. They just didn't come to mind for me as they only make them up to 15" and I take 16" shins. If you take 14" or 15" shins then the Warrior pads in intermediate are a good option since they're shallower and thinner than the senior versions, but the same length.

I just picked up a pair of NOS CCM U+ CS shins and really like them so far, definitely a more narrow/low profile fit top to bottom than I've used in the past, I came from Vapor X900's which were just too bulky in the top half for me.  I thought about Quicklite's for a while, went to the store numerous times to try them on and check them out, then on one of my last visits I spotted the old U+ CS's and liked how they were more low pofile than the Quicklite's (the QL's reminded me more of a slightly thinner version of the classic Jofa shape with a new hinge for the knee, didn't seem all that low profile though).  

Yes, I have the old U+ CLs I use for roller hockey and they're definitely slimmer and lower profile than other pads I've used. I have the Warrior Projekt pads (2nd versions with the blue and grey) and have used Supremes and Nike V14 pads in the last decade or so (many more before that). I have not used RBZ pads, but thought they looked pretty similar if a touch more bulky.

I've found that most of the Warrior protective line will be your less bulky gear. Since they are also a lacrosse company it makes sense. I've never liked bulky shin guards and I've used Warrior since I started playing. The new Alpha line is pretty nice and also has that less bulky and thinner feel with the protection you need. If you're worried about slashes across your calf I would go with the QX Pro or QX because they both have pretty nice protection.

How ventilated are the QLT shins / do they stay dry? I have supreme 150s now but if the CCMs dry as well as my QLT 270 shoulders then I'd hop right on them.