Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
60PlusWinger

14 vs 16 Nexus 1N Stick

Recommended Posts

I felt that the newer one was tougher to load and played stiffer. This reminds me of when Bauer came out with the Nexus 1000 and released the 8000 after. Everyone missed the 1000 and felt the 8000 played too stiff and didn’t really take off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

I felt that the newer one was tougher to load and played stiffer. This reminds me of when Bauer came out with the Nexus 1000 and released the 8000 after. Everyone missed the 1000 and felt the 8000 played too stiff and didn’t really take off. 

Honestly, I prefer the 8000 over both of the 1N’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 02m3smg said:

16' one is whippy. I like how it's easy to load. With the same flex, compared to the 1S or MX3 the 1N it feels whippier. 

That could be due to the kick point. Both Supremes I've had played stiffer than my 1N's at the same flex rating.

For those who liked the previous version of the 1N, try the latest N9000. I've been told it's essentially the same stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m thinking of giving the 17 1N a go in the same specs as my last one (P28, 87) but if the consensus is that it’s a step down I might just skip it. I shot around once with one and don’t really remember it but the original was a great shooter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got a really good deal on a 2 pack of 2014 1n sticks. 

I would love to check out the new 16 1n but couldn’t pass up on the deal. 

Please let me know how you like the new model if you pick it up, if it’s really good I’ll buy it up when the next release happens. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 9:56 AM, stick9 said:

That could be due to the kick point. Both Supremes I've had played stiffer than my 1N's at the same flex rating.

For those who liked the previous version of the 1N, try the latest N9000. I've been told it's essentially the same stick.

Not at all, I used both, currently using a N9000. 

The carbon fiber construction is different, one is a fused two piece, the other a true one piece, feel is different and so on...Why would anyone say they are the same stick?

If I had the choice between the two, I would definitely get the 1N 2015, balance, feel and pop is better in my opinion after using both for some time now. Durability is much better on the N9000 due to the 12K CF, and I am being conservative. As you can see I have used mine for time it still looks new, this stick just doesn't want to give up : 

20171104_234518.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Not at all, I used both, currently using a N9000. 

The carbon fiber construction is different, one is a fused two piece, the other a true one piece, feel is different and so on...Why would anyone say they are the same stick?

If I had the choice between the two, I would definitely get the 1N 2015, balance, feel and pop is better in my opinion after using both for some time now. Durability is much better on the N9000 due to the 12K CF, and I am being conservative. As you can see I have used mine for time it still looks new, this stick just doesn't want to give up : 

20171104_234518.jpg

 

 

 

The 2017 N9000 is now a true one piece. On top of that, I have it on good authority that Bauer is using the old 1N molds to make the 17 9000.

Edited by stick9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember seeing a review from Ice warehouse that it is a fused two piece, they might be wrong. Not sure what authority and mold you are talking about.

Not to derail the thread, OP they are both great sticks, getting either you wont regret it, I originally didnt like the feel of the 1N when I first tried it coming from CCM, but they are really great sticks, I havent really played with anyone that said anything bad about the 1N stick. 

 

Edited by icewalker_bg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bauer created all new tooling (molds) to manufacture the 2017 1N. Instead of scrapping the old 1N tooling they reused (or continued to use) it for the 2017 N9000. Some of the materials were tweaked, but the process in which they are made are the same. Ive yet to play one so I am going by what I have been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, stick9 said:

Bauer created all new tooling (molds) to manufacture the 2017 1N. Instead of scrapping the old 1N tooling they reused (or continued to use) it for the 2017 N9000. Some of the materials were tweaked, but the process in which they are made are the same. Ive yet to play one so I am going by what I have been told.

@stick9 how sure are you that this is the case? My son just broke off his 2016 1N and I can't find anymore in his hand/flex/pattern. I have a 2016 N9000, it's a great stick, but definitely a bit heavier with a different balance point I guess mostly because of the 12K weave and the two piece fused construction.

If the 2017 N9000 has the same construction as the older 1N, it seems like the only real difference would be 12K carbon instead of 3K? Anyone compared the balance between the two? The specs suggest the 2017 1N is 427 grams which seems very close to the old 1N weight. The older N9000 is about 15-20 grams heavier.

I'm somewhat concerned about the weight, but mostly about the balance point and puck/shot feel. My son loved the old 1N, I'd buy more if I could still find them.

 

colins

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stick9 said:

@colins that’s what I was told by a Bauer employee. I have no reason not to believe him.

 

My biggest problem now is that the new N9000 seems to be a bit of a unicorn, at least here in Canada. Sportchek.ca carries the new 1N, and the new N8000, but no listings for the new N9000 on their site. They call they 'gen II'. Hockeysupremacy.com is backordered on the 2017 P92 77 flex N9000. I'll have to visit some stores and have a look.

Thx,

colins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...