Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playmakersedge

Right clavicle is broken away from the scapula

So fellow hockey nuts  , my right shoulder is definitely separated  . Not being able to feel most of my feet  caused me to crash on the steps  .   Along with power skating instructor,skate sharpening, player training,  I'm also a sculptor work in metal and wood, and I also  design and build 1 of a kind completely hand built custom motorcycles. 

My shoulder is binding mechanically raising my arm laterally it stops before it's parallel with the floor ,the bone of the clavicle is pushing up on the skin. A deformation.  Any physicians out there ,how bad can i make things if i keep sucking it up ? So I have been sucking this up for the past two weeks or so . I didn't want to distract from time with my son and worry him . I' m trying to work  on a memorial sculpture I have been commissioned to do . And I don't want to put a cloud over the holidays. So I'm working with it . Man I'm so tired of being ing pain . I live in substantial pain a honest 8.75 from 10 being the worst with my back and the nerve damage. Damage causes part of my outer quads down the knee and into my feet to be numb tot the touch..but these areas have the sensation just like there on fire . And the burning feeling triggers ptsd stuff . .... I'm just sick of it  .  Then the adrenaline being ramped up from pain makes my bad heart (CHF from endocarditis from MRSA) have to work harder..... just tired  of it .

rink has always been my home the place totally at ease and not on guard   .       Complaining/ venting over .

Yeah, go to a doctor. You could make it worse by not having it seen to, or at best prolong the pain. In the mean time, a nice craft beer, or glass of wine, in moderation in the evening can ease the pain. 

Get it checked out. Let it heal properly. 

From- someone who had almost the exact same injury in 2015. I rushed back and it took probably double the time to heal properly and feel "right" because I was stupid. 

As a hockey player and bike racer (broken clavicle is very common in racing), I say absolutely go to doctor. They can can diagnose with simple x ray. If it's a broken clave, as long as there is proper amount of overlap all you need is a simple sling for a few weeks. 

this isn't a medical advise forum. go to a Dr. 

also please note there are different subforums in this forum, this shouldn't be in ice hockey equipment. 

2 years ago I got tripped by a over eager student whilst going into the boards and took the full weight of the impact on my ac (lol, better than my head). As earlier suggested, a visit to the doc and an xray will reveal the damage (dislocation and separation). But at our advanced age (ie 40+) they generally treat this conservatively now and are much more adverse to surgery unless things are really broken. It took 6 weeks before I could start to load the shoulder again. 3 months for 80% range of motion to return, after that it just depends on how bad the injury is as to what you get back.

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

this isn't a medical advise forum. go to a Dr. 

also please note there are different subforums in this forum, this shouldn't be in ice hockey equipment. 

I apologize;  I thought I was doing it in the venting thread.  I am extremely dyslexic and I miss things .  I have tricks to do ok on short stuff.  I don't see a sentence as normal people do.  I see all the words extract primary words and put together what it's saying.   I see: Jack Jill water up hill . 

10 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Go to a doctor. Don't suck it up. Get it fixed, follow the treatment plan, and don't try to come back early.

Yeah for sure .  Definitely a separation  things are moving.  When they are aligned or close there is no mechanical range of motion. When it's moved it acts as it's binding . .