Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nicktsigos

Pants question

In a weird turn of events I had my Easton girdle stolen along with my flyers winter classic shell, I had washed a bunch of stuff and left them on my first floor balcony drying.  Either way I was having some issues with my pants and shells just feeling a little weird so I’m looking to get into pants and am pretty curious on fit.  I’m looking at a tighter fitting pant so vapor 1x lites, Supreme 1s, or something from warrioror.  I’ve been wearing girdles since high school and am just lost on the fit of pants.  I’ve read tons of stuff on this forum before I posted but was still a bit uncertain. Size wise I’ve always worn a size large, I’m 6’1’’, 190lbs, waist 32-34 depending on the day.  Thank you everyone, I’ll apologize in advance if this questions annoys anyone.

@Mister_NoDangles Where do you play in LA? I’m hoping to get cleared to play soon after not skating for a year because of complications from a broken ankle.  I’m freaking out not playing and just messing around with my equipment.  I was skating tuesdays in El Segundo at pick up, a private skate on Thursday nights and was playing league Sunday’s in El Segundo.

Just now, nicktsigos said:

@Mister_NoDangles Where do you play in LA? I’m hoping to get cleared to play soon after not skating for a year because of complications from a broken ankle.  I’m freaking out not playing and just messing around with my equipment.  I was skating tuesdays in El Segundo at pick up, a private skate on Thursday nights and was playing league Sunday’s in El Segundo.

I'm on the ice a lot. I skate at Lakewood in a league on Saturdays and pickups there Thurs/Fri mornings. I'm at stick time early on Mon/Wed at El Segundo. I pickup random practices here and there. I used to play in a 4v4 league at TSC but am waiting for 5v5 since I didn't really like 4v4.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for some warrior pro stocks in black.  Seems like everything has a logo right now.  I’m still probably a month or more out from actually skating but I can’t stop thinking about it.

10 hours ago, JSK81 said:

Jetspeeds are tighter in the hips but open up in the legs, Vapors are slim all around

I think the opposite, the CCM FT1 is slimmer than the Vapor 1X.

11 hours ago, stick9 said:

Consider the Jetspeed pants. It's a tighter fit all around, like slim fit jeans.

Agreed. 

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I think the opposite, the CCM FT1 is slimmer than the Vapor 1X.

Well my FT390s legs are noticeably wider and more loose fitting than my 1Xs but I guess I’m wrong 🤷‍♂️

I like my new Jetspeed pants. They are more form fitting and 2 lbs lighter than my old Super Tacks. I think you'd be a large simply due to height, but try on the mediums and see where they hit you on your leg. There's a 1" length extension built in to most of the CCM pants so the medium might work if you let that out.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:01 PM, JoeJeeps said:

I like my new Jetspeed pants. They are more form fitting and 2 lbs lighter than my old Super Tacks. I think you'd be a large simply due to height, but try on the mediums and see where they hit you on your leg. There's a 1" length extension built in to most of the CCM pants so the medium might work if you let that out.

Are you wearing the same size with jetspeed? I wore a small in Bauer one95. Got a medium int he warrior qredge bc I was within the sizing chart for the medium on the lower end... Height wise I'll always be a medium but my waist is a 32.  I find a small fits better since I like it a bit snugger. 

Yes, I'm a medium in both pants. The old Super Tacks (10+ years old) were roomier and heavier. The Jetspeeds are more form fitting, but there is a lot of stretch fabric through the crotch so I actually feel like I've got better range of motion. I'm 5'10, 165 lbs, w/ 32" waist which puts me squarely in the medium category of most brands size charts.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JoeJeeps said:

Yes, I'm a medium in both pants. The old Super Tacks (10+ years old) were roomier and heavier. The Jetspeeds are more form fitting, but there is a lot of stretch fabric through the crotch so I actually feel like I've got better range of motion. I'm 5'10, 165 lbs, w/ 32" waist which puts me squarely in the medium category of most brands size charts.

You're the exact same specs as me lol. But I find being a medium is hit or miss as I think the s in warrior would fit better. 

As for the jetspeeds my buddy wears small for his pants and he said the ft1 were even tighter than his 1x. So I think I would be a medium in the jetspeed like but others probably would prefer a small. 

I was hoping to find some pro stock mediums +1 but its been tough finding something without a logo.   Ive seen larges here and there I’m just afraid I’ll be swimming in them once they open up a bit.   

I’m 6’1”, 185, 32-33ish inch waist. I’ve worn in large Easton’s and now large Warrior DT2s. I always have to cinch the waist super tight. Same as you, I feel like M+1 would be ideal, but I always give up looking and just buy an L.

It all depends on where your height is too... my hip to knee might be longer than yours.

1 hour ago, start_today said:

I’m 6’1”, 185, 32-33ish inch waist. I’ve worn in large Easton’s and now large Warrior DT2s. I always have to cinch the waist super tight. Same as you, I feel like M+1 would be ideal, but I always give up looking and just buy an L.

It all depends on where your height is too... my hip to knee might be longer than yours.

The one inch extension on most retail pants isn't sufficient if you get a medium?  You look at pro players and it varies a lot from player to player regarding the gap between the knee cap and the bottom of the pants. Some have it overlap. Some meet each other and some even have a gap.  I personally would get a size where I didn't have to cinch up the pants all the way. Bc that means there's a lot of excess room everywhere as well, like in the leg holes etc. 

2 hours ago, start_today said:

https://www.prostockhockey.com/pants/?&search_query=pants&filter=Size_fq:"M"&filter=Length_Adjustment_fq:"%2B1"&sort=price asc&rows=20&start=0

17 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

You're the exact same specs as me lol. But I find being a medium is hit or miss as I think the s in warrior would fit better. 

We're the same size and you're thinking about smalls? I don't think there's a chance my ass would fit in smalls. Oddly enough, the guy in the pro shop I frequent tried to convince me I needed a large. I told him he was crazy. He muttered something about playing for 45 years and wandered off.

24 minutes ago, JoeJeeps said:

We're the same size and you're thinking about smalls? I don't think there's a chance my ass would fit in smalls. Oddly enough, the guy in the pro shop I frequent tried to convince me I needed a large. I told him he was crazy. He muttered something about playing for 45 years and wandered off.

I wore a small in the one95 and they were fine and I had to cinch those near max too. 

In the jetspeeds I'm pretty sure I'd wear a medium but that's bc they are probably the tightest fitting pants available right now. 

For warrior I am going to try a small since the medium feel ok but I have to cinch the waist max as well. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:58 PM, JoeJeeps said:

Over a year later and I finally put myself in these pants. Like you said ft1 small was too small lol. Medium fits perfect. I'll probably keep them but the only negative I have with the pants are they the legs are looser than vapors and qredge. Not a deal breaker, and they do advertise them as snug in hips and looser in the legs which is exactly what they are.  I'll see how they are on the ice. Worst case I can just slim the opening a bit by tailoring the inseam where it's just stretch gussets. 

The medium ft1 fit around the hips and waist pretty similar to my qredge in small. 

I tried the as1 in a small and they fit quite a bit looser than the ft1 which isn't a surprise since they are a looser cut pant, but I really didn't like the shape of the pants as it's a fuller cut and I'm a slim jeans jeans kind of guy. 

Edited by Sniper9