Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thursday, April 11, 7 p.m.: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | NBCSN, SN, CBC, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 13, 8 p.m.: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | NBC, CBC, TVA Sports

Monday, April 15, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN

Wednesday, April 17, 7 p.m.: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN

*Friday, April 19, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | TBD

*Sunday, April 21, TBD: Bruins @ Maple Leafs | TBD

*Tuesday, April 23, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins | TBD

Prefacing this with the fact that this is the one series that matters to me as a Leafs fan. 

I'm going Boston in 6. The Leafs have more talent, more depth, and better goaltending... but they have been atrocious down the stretch and the talent and the goaltending haven't been able to bail them out of their issues. You won't be able to outscore other teams in the playoffs in 6-5 games, either.

Boston isn't the juggernaut the Toronto media is making them out to be, but I think it's more a matter of which of the two completely different styles works better in the playoffs. That advantage goes to Boston for sure.

• Like 1

I agree that the Leafs have more depth and talent and also agree that they'll lose the series. I think Boston will win by playing physical; in a tough playoff series their style works well. If it was a non-contact all-star format; I'd take the Leafs.

• Like 1

Tonight is the first time I've ever seen a player lie down on the guy they cheap shotted to hide from retribution. Kadri deserves anything that happens to him. 

• Like 1

He stared at DeBrusk before deciding to cross check him in the face. He should miss games next year as well. 

I put the over/under on games he’s suspended at 11

Edited by Steve_v3
Spelling

No matter how much debrusk deserved it you still can’t ACTUALLY do it. I’m guessing 5-6 games so he’s done for the series regardless of outcome. 

They need to not get sucked into the goonery and just play. It should have been clear after the first period that they were not going to get calls so just shut up and play. 

DeBrusk deserved a cross-check to the head? Ummmmmm, ok. The two were after each other all night, mostly stemming from Kadri's slew-footish/questionable finish on DeBrusk late in game 1. Surprised this isn't somehow all Marchand's fault.

• Facepalm 1

Leafs smothered the Bruins tonight. They struggled to generate anything. You can always tell early when the Bruins are going to lose and this was one of those nights. They have to find a way to create space.

Smothered is a good word.  Game 2 getting out of hand was the best thing that could have happened for the Leafs.  Both teams knew they weren't going to get away with much so Boston got sucked into playing a skill game again, and couldn't keep up with the Buds.  Great game for the Leafs, and if they can continue to suck teams into play a skill game against them, I think they will be successful.

Headed back to Boston. Huge effort from the B’s today. Played more like I thought they would today. It should be a great game Tuesday night. 

Toronto’s D has been much better than a lot of people thought they be. Goalies have been almost equal. Edge to Anderson. 

Can’t wait. 

I’m glad I went to do something productive instead of watch that garbage pile of a hockey game. Ended up walking five miles instead. Got home just after it ended. Perfect timing.

Game was actually pretty intense and both teams came out to play. Leafs just could not get it done. I think Freddy was not on top of his game to bail a rather non playoff D, but forwards really tried.

• Like 1

Brutal turnovers leading to the early Bruins goals.  I don't love Toronto by any stretch but would have loved to see the Matthews-haters to eat a little crow. But seeing Marchand win makes me sick any day of the week.

So at this point I am just anti-Capitals, maybe pro-Stars since my 8 year-old adopted them as his new team after Pens game 3.  Would love to see the Caps out but it would be pretty awesome to see the Islanders do it.

2 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Brutal turnovers leading to the early Bruins goals.  I don't love Toronto by any stretch but would have loved to see the Matthews-haters to eat a little crow. But seeing Marchand win makes me sick any day of the week.

So at this point I am just anti-Capitals, maybe pro-Stars since my 8 year-old adopted them as his new team after Pens game 3.  Would love to see the Caps out but it would be pretty awesome to see the Islanders do it.

Wait. There are people who hate Matthews? 😵

That first goal just CAN'T go in. I didn't see any of them after that, I turned the game off after the first. 

• Like 1

I think he gets no love from US because he isn't from a hockey hotbed, and no love from Canada because he is from the US.

The goal can't go in but it has to get out of the zone on one of the three chances they had prior to the shot.  The second was a reverse behind the net to nobody (well, a Bruin) and Boston just walked out and scored.

41 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

I think he gets no love from US because he isn't from a hockey hotbed, and no love from Canada because he is from the US.

The goal can't go in but it has to get out of the zone on one of the three chances they had prior to the shot.  The second was a reverse behind the net to nobody (well, a Bruin) and Boston just walked out and scored.

When you said it, all I could figure was that because he was Leaf first overall pick people are going to hate him regardless? Who knows. 

Matthews took the heat for that one in the post-game. That second one shouldn't have gone in either but I have to wonder if the first goal was in Freddy's head and he cheated to the near side post a bit to make sure it didn't happen again.

The D held up a whole lot better than expected, considering the last two months of the season. The REAL failure here was game 6. They should have closed it out when they had the chance and they blew it. That first goal went in and I immediately tweeted:

Looks like we have Freddy “3rd period of game 7 2018” Andersen tonight.

All that said, walking angrily around our community with some loud music in my airpods really helped. I don't think I could have watched the rest of the game without my TV getting broken. 

Matthews hate? Where exactly are all of these "Matthews-haters" that you speak of? I get that there will be some Leafs fans who will be irate that he didn't score 6 goals in game 7 to lead them to victory but there isn't any Matthews hate south of the border.