Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DangleDangleChamp

Synergy ST

Wow that green color looks about 80 times better than it does in the catolog. I think it looks pretty good in those pics.

what is the big difference between the SL and ST? is the SL suppose to be like the finesse player's one piece, and the ST being the grinder's one piece?

what is the big difference between the SL and ST? is the SL suppose to be like the finesse player's one piece, and the ST being the grinder's one piece?

Yes.

How the heck did that guy get that :blink: ?

I agree that the green looks better in real life pictures, but I would still rather have yellow. More teams have yellow than green on their uni's.

I agree that the green looks better in real life pictures, but I would still rather have yellow. More teams have yellow than green on their uni's.

My guess is he has connections. Probably knows someone that plays juniors.

Anyways I dont think the color of a stick matters.

My guess is he has connections. Probably knows someone that plays juniors.

Anyways I dont think the color of a stick matters.

The color of a stick might not make me buy it but it might prevent me from buying it. The nuclear snot colored stick is further proof that I am not part of their target market.

The color of a stick might not make me buy it but it might prevent me from buying it. The nuclear snot colored stick is further proof that I am not part of their target market.

Hahaha I agree.

The SL strikes me as an oddity. Unless the blade proves to be incredibly durable, I can't really see them selling that well. Half way between an ST and a Stealth in terms of weight, I can see people who want a light stick just ponying up another 20 bucks for the stealth. 420 grams vs. 450 for the SL vs. ST, how many people are really going to feel a difference?

The Stealth feels differently than a SyNergy...blade is "hotter"

I love how they hyped up the Si-Core and kill the OPS version two years later...whatever happened to "feel?"

One thing that may suck about this new blade is how the walls seem so much thinner at the top and bottom of the blade according to the cross section graphic in the easton catalog. It seems weird to thin out a blade in the two spots where it can take crippling punishment.

The Stealth feels differently than a SyNergy...blade is "hotter"

I love how they hyped up the Si-Core and kill the OPS version two years later...whatever happened to "feel?"

Different strokes for different folks.

Doesn't make any sense for right now. If the Synthesis is the 2-piece Synergy than a Synthesis with wood blade would serve the same purpose as a Si-core, but I guess by that definition theres no purpose for any of the Synergy this line because the Synthesis is provides the same performance..... or I am looking way to deep into this.

The SL strikes me as an oddity. Unless the blade proves to be incredibly durable, I can't really see them selling that well. Half way between an ST and a Stealth in terms of weight, I can see people who want a light stick just ponying up another 20 bucks for the stealth. 420 grams vs. 450 for the SL vs. ST, how many people are really going to feel a difference?

Simply put, most sub-400 gram sticks are just too light. The SL at least provides the reassurance that you actually have a stick in your hands.

Doesn't make any sense for right now. If the Synthesis is the 2-piece Synergy than a Synthesis with wood blade would serve the same purpose as a Si-core, but I guess by that definition theres no purpose for any of the Synergy this line because the Synthesis is provides the same performance..... or I am looking way to deep into this.

Si-Core blades are still available...

Ya, thats what I was kind've getting at towards thge end with the "I guess by that definition..." they offer the Si-Core blades this year as well as the Synthesis shafts. I just never understood claims like the "two-piece synergy" or when OPS were just starting to build up CCM, TPS and Easton were the one ones around I remember a LHS employee telling me Mission would not be making an OPS because the Flyweight was just as good. Then, obviously, the M-1 comes out. He may have been mis-informed, but logic always makes me wonder about certain marketing strategies like the Si-core and even Synergy after the Synthesis came out. Unfortunately my skeptisism doesn't disrupt the fact I am still a sucker for the "latest and greatest."

Bottom line is that people want to use what the pro's use, and companies manufacture what will sell, which is obviously ops' at this point. I love when I help a 12 year old kid who's looking at a jr. synergy and suggest a jr synthesis to him as an alternative. Needless to say the kid and the parent(s) usually look at me like im on some kind of medication since 2-pieces just aren't cool anymore.

this may of been discussed before, but at the SL and ST going to run for the same price as the old synergys?