Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Davideo

Are TRUE shafts and blades being discontinued?

18 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Had the same issues when I tried out their combo. Wasn't overly impressed.

Agreed. Want a fan of the blade but the shaft was really nice. Had a few Easton pro wood blades in the basement and I really like the setup. No issues with the 6.0 shaft. 

Edited by Miller55

On 11/12/2020 at 1:57 PM, epstud74 said:

I've still got my Nike Bauer 195 shaft/blade combo.  Easily the best setup I've ever used.

Tapered or standard? People went nuts trying to find the tapered version. It was an SMU or European order or something. 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, start_today said:

Tapered or standard? People went nuts trying to find the tapered version. It was an SMU or European order or something. 

The Nike/Bauer shafts I had were all from College Teams and tapered.

I stocked up on various Tapered Shafts & Custom Bauer Tapered blades but never got around to snagging a True Tapered shaft, really need to track one down.

5 hours ago, Giltis said:

If say, I want to get a 2 piece today mostly for coaching and messing around, what would you guys suggest for me?

Why a two piece? Are you actively looking to try a two piece stick, or just looking for less expensive option for messing around? You can probably find a midrange stick on close-out or used for less than a shaft and blade. 

9 minutes ago, start_today said:

Why a two piece? Are you actively looking to try a two piece stick, or just looking for less expensive option for messing around? You can probably find a midrange stick on close-out or used for less than a shaft and blade. 

Yeah a little bit of everything, mostly curiosity. but you're right, a used mid-range would be the most economical/less fiddly route/

On 11/13/2020 at 9:00 AM, Miller55 said:

Agreed. Want a fan of the blade but the shaft was really nice. Had a few Easton pro wood blades in the basement and I really like the setup. No issues with the 6.0 shaft. 

Yea, I liked the shaft and the feel of the puck when I used them. I'd be all for an updated 2-Piece setup for inline as a rarely take slap shots.

10 hours ago, Giltis said:

If say, I want to get a 2 piece today mostly for coaching and messing around, what would you guys suggest for me?

Your only real option is the True ax9 shaft or cut down an old ops. A standard shaft is good as it's pretty hard to come by tapered blades these days. I'd say that your options with the True shaft are either the True composite blade or a woodie if you're into that. Comp has better pop, wood has better feel. 

58 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Yea, I liked the shaft and the feel of the puck when I used them. I'd be all for an updated 2-Piece setup for inline as a rarely take slap shots.

Agreed. I went back to it recently after many years with comp ops. Mostly because I dug out a bunch of old shafts at the start of covid shutdown and threw in abs blades to play outdoor roller. I looked the feel so I just threw in the wood blades I had when rinks reopened and I'm loving them. I never take slappers and I haven't found the slight loss of speed on my wrister to matter, but the feel and passing are amazing. I play d and carry the puck a lot, so I'm definitely enjoying it.