Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

[PLAY-IN] (5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens

Who will win the series?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Howdy,

Better late than never seems to apply to Jarry.

I seriously wonder how many times in NHL history an All Star was healthy scratched in the playoffs.  I mean sure, goalies are a bit different, but WTF?

The real question will be if anything is done with Johnson / Schultz.  The stats there are pretty damning.  I'd love to know what Sullivan's problem with Riikola is.

I have no idea what to expect in a couple hours!

Mark

I think assclown Don Cherry did but that was just because he would always pick them. 

PP was anemic at best, Justin Schultz was worse, and him and JJ couldn’t get the puck out.  Guentzel and Malkin are my biggest disappointments.

Howdy,

I think my biggest disappointment was Sullivan.  Everyone talks about what a great coach he is.  What I see is that the Pens have been shit since Tocchet left.  Factor in not using Reeves, having some personality conflict with Cole, NOT STARTING THE ALL STAR GOALIE, not even giving Riikola / Ruhwedel a sniff vs. Johnson/Schultz...  Yeah.

Not impressed.

Mark

Sullivan may have been stubborn on some things and I agree on most of tour points but this series should not have come close to needing to be a coach’s duel.

Well, this is nice. Now, Montreal will be facing the other Pennsylvania team. 

I'm amazed they won it. They brought up an unknown, Alex Belzile, from their farm club for game 4. 

Howdy,

And... All the Pens assistant coaches (except goalie) are now unemployed.

Sullivan's press comment was pretty uninspiring given that he still is employed...  
"But when teams with high expectations, such as ours, don't have success, change is inevitable. ... We all have to take responsibility for it, and it starts with me."

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/08/12/penguins-mike-sullivan-firings-assistant-coaches-mark-recchi-sergei-gonchar-jacques-martin-dwm/?fbclid=IwAR0lSwaTFYzr346RIctb5NFPHs3YvHU_pjrHBgdZ24ULYQ5npQvJuVkRTrE

I'm guessing this is mostly happening because their contracts were up for renewal and his wasn't, but what a tone deaf comment.

Mark

5 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

And... All the Pens assistant coaches (except goalie) are now unemployed.

Sullivan's press comment was pretty uninspiring given that he still is employed...  
"But when teams with high expectations, such as ours, don't have success, change is inevitable. ... We all have to take responsibility for it, and it starts with me."

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2020/08/12/penguins-mike-sullivan-firings-assistant-coaches-mark-recchi-sergei-gonchar-jacques-martin-dwm/?fbclid=IwAR0lSwaTFYzr346RIctb5NFPHs3YvHU_pjrHBgdZ24ULYQ5npQvJuVkRTrE

I'm guessing this is mostly happening because their contracts were up for renewal and his wasn't, but what a tone deaf comment.

Mark

Why do you think so?  I don't read it as such. 

Interestingly though, that the Pens have had some success on the d-side as far as players go and Gonchar is gone.  But it seems pretty obvious there was a big void when Tocchet left.

Howdy,

6 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

Why do you think so?  I don't read it as such. 

Because if responsibility actually started with him, he would be the one getting let go.

Mark

28 minutes ago, marka said:

We all have to take responsibility for it, and it starts with me.

ROFL when someone says this, but three other people loses their jobs. 

What's next for the Pens?