Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notorious#29

Itech wave shields

Ok heres the 411. I am under 18 so I must wear full face protection on my helmet. I fell in love with the Itech wave mirrored shield (you know the one where you cant see your eyes) after seeing it in the Junior World Cup.So I know Itech makes a face shield with the middle part of the cage taken out and a clear visor in its place. Does anybody know if its possible to take that out and put a mirrored wave shield in its place,or am I waiting till I turn 18?

I don't think the Itech (half visor half cage) face shield comes with or even fits with the mirrored pro wave 1/2 visors. I sort of doubt you can even find a tinted full visor easily. If someone has found something like this, please share. But I have yet to find such an item like this.

Ok heres the 411. I am under 18 so I must wear full face protection on my helmet. I fell in love with the Itech wave mirrored shield (you know the one where you cant see your eyes) after seeing it in the Junior World Cup.So I know Itech makes a face shield with the middle part of the cage taken out and a clear visor in its place. Does anybody know if its possible to take that out and put a mirrored wave shield in its place,or am I waiting till I turn 18?

Pro Wave cuts do not fit in the FX-50. I dont think anything other than the replacement packs for the FX-50 fit in it.

I don't think the Itech (half visor half cage) face shield comes with or even fits with the mirrored pro wave 1/2 visors. I sort of doubt you can even find a tinted full visor easily. If someone has found something like this, please share. But I have yet to find such an item like this.

I dont believe Itech makes a tinted full visor. Sounds like something you'd need customized.

I don't think the Itech (half visor half cage) face shield comes with or even fits with the mirrored pro wave 1/2 visors.  I sort of doubt you can even find a tinted full visor easily.  If someone has found something like this, please share.  But I have yet to find such an item like this.

I dont believe Itech makes a tinted full visor. Sounds like something you'd need customized.

Yes I just made a visit to their website I can confirm that. All the full visors and half and half shields are clear. However the pro cut visors come in clear and tinted and the waves come in clear, tinted and mirror. However you can try to contact Itech and see if they can make you a custom visor.

You cannot wear a tinted shield if you're under 18. They are not HECC or CSA certified. Should you get injured, refs/coaches/trainers need to see your eyes clearly, see if you have a concussion. That's why Itech doesn't make the full Concept II shield in tinted or amber anymore.

You can try mirror tint that they use for cars, you can place the tint on the shield just like a car window. goto a shop and ask for a small piece of mirror tint that will fit the shield, cut out the shape to fit the shield and use the solution to seal the tint on the visor. Seems like a good idea anyway.Worth a shot if you really want a mirror tinted face mask.

You can try mirror tint that they use for cars, you can place the tint on the shield just like a car window. goto a shop and ask for a small piece of mirror tint that will fit the shield, cut out the shape to fit the shield and use the solution to seal the tint on the visor. Seems like a good idea anyway.Worth a shot if you really want a mirror tinted face mask.

I've done it to a RBE1 shield. It is hard to do due to the curvature of the shield.

worth a shot, id like to see how it would turn out actually

on another note, JR, I thought you said that you where taking some time off! I guess that kinda went out the window. :P

i did it to a straight cut oakley visor...

but cause of the curves of the visor.. there were way too many bubbles in the tint so i just took it off completly...

( i had way too much time on my hands, and the visor was already broken ) just testing to see if i could make some money tinting visors :D

On a side note, has anyone had luck cutting a visor and making it shorter? I was thinking about modifying my Itech HS22 because it's a little too long.

Ok heres the 411. I am under 18 so I must wear full face protection on my helmet. I fell in love with the Itech wave mirrored shield (you know the one where you cant see your eyes) after seeing it in the Junior World Cup.So I know Itech makes a  face shield with the middle part of the cage taken out and a clear visor in its place. Does anybody know if its possible to take that out and put a mirrored wave shield in its place,or am I waiting till I turn 18?

I'm 99% sure that all of the tinted, colored, and mirrored shields that iTech makes are not certified, so you might want to check with your league, coach, or ref before you dish out the money to buy one because it would suck to get it and then you not be allowed to use it.

Ok heres the 411. I am under 18 so I must wear full face protection on my helmet. I fell in love with the Itech wave mirrored shield (you know the one where you cant see your eyes) after seeing it in the Junior World Cup.So I know Itech makes a  face shield with the middle part of the cage taken out and a clear visor in its place. Does anybody know if its possible to take that out and put a mirrored wave shield in its place,or am I waiting till I turn 18?

I'm 99% sure that all of the tinted, colored, and mirrored shields that iTech makes are not certified, so you might want to check with your league, coach, or ref before you dish out the money to buy one because it would suck to get it and then you not be allowed to use it.

None of the half shield are certified, whether its Oakley or Itech.

Aren't some "half-certified"?

Aren't some "half-certified"?

No.

It's not becasue they are half visors that they aren't certified...it's because they don't attach at the front of the helmet. That's what CHL teams have the wire/visor combo (HX-50 model).

You have to wear full face shield, but once you get to a level/league were you have a choice, if it still has to be certified, you can use a half visor that attachs on the front of the helmet.

Mind you I'm not a carded official or anything, so if someone knows differently...

...the floor is yours.

RadioGaGa is exactly right. Also, if you are playing youth hockey in the US (18-under) you are NOT allowed to wear a tinted/colored/mirrored shield. If you were allowed to, the manufacturers would still be making them.