Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Stringer

Blade holder replacement

Any suggestions for replacement blade holders? I have the Tuuk Lightspeed (not sure what vintage) and they are horrible. As soon as I replace one side the other side cracks. Looking for a fixed blade setup, none of this quick release garbage. 

I love the CCM XS, but if you don’t want a QR system, the SB is nice. I also had issues with TUUK LS Edge holders.  2 x my blade released (two different pairs).  I know it's the most popular but I'm not a fan. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I love the CCM XS, but if you don’t want a QR system, the SB is nice. I also had issues with TUUK LS Edge holders.  2 x my blade released (two different pairs).  I know it's the most popular but I'm not a fan. 

I second the XS, I love them compared to the LS Edge ones I had previously which fell apart once (trigger spring mechanism just fell apart inside one time and came loose another).  But if you're keeping the same skates an older Lightspeed would be a smart move like Buzz said above.

12 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

I second the XS, I love them compared to the LS Edge ones I had previously which fell apart once (trigger spring mechanism just fell apart inside one time and came loose another).  But if you're keeping the same skates an older Lightspeed would be a smart move like Buzz said above.

It's kind of funny. This place is full of posts about broken Edge holders and LS4 steel. I never had a problem with any of my edge holders or Bauer steel. I switched to CCM about a year ago and have already broke a runner (step blacksteel) and the quick release mechanism is chipped and cracked. I still like the holders and steel, just seems odd to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, caveman27 said:

I've never had issues with holders, my last Bauers had Tuuk Lightspeed2. 

43839_43839_1?$400$

Current CCM skates have the SpeedBlade +4.0

img.aspx?pic_id=64317&pic_type=4

*current CCM skates have the Speedblade XS holder.

In my opinion it's the best holder on the market. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

It's kind of funny. This place is full of posts about broken Edge holders and LS4 steel. I never had a problem with any of my edge holders or Bauer steel. I switched to CCM about a year ago and have already broke a runner (step blacksteel) and the quick release mechanism is chipped and cracked. I still like the holders and steel, just seems odd to me.

People are generally far more vocal when they are displeased with a product, it fails to meet expectations or malfunctions.

Its not shocking to me that with the sheer amount of skates that Bauer sold with that holder/steel, that there appears to be a higher failure rate out there. I honestly don't think there is, it's just percentages. I don't think Bauer holders are any more or less durable than CCM or True.

Honestly, I feel this is generally the case with a vast majority of hockey gear/equipment.

We are at a point with equipment that it's all pretty much cookie cutter at each price point in regards to performance and durability. 

Between Bauer, CCM, Warrior, True, etc there's honestly not a real of difference between any of the products sans small nuances. It's sad, and the main contributer to my loss of interest in hockey equipment. 

On 9/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, OzziesDad said:

People are generally far more vocal when they are displeased with a product, it fails to meet expectations or malfunctions.

Its not shocking to me that with the sheer amount of skates that Bauer sold with that holder/steel, that there appears to be a higher failure rate out there. I honestly don't think there is, it's just percentages. I don't think Bauer holders are any more or less durable than CCM or True.

Honestly, I feel this is generally the case with a vast majority of hockey gear/equipment.

We are at a point with equipment that it's all pretty much cookie cutter at each price point in regards to performance and durability. 

Between Bauer, CCM, Warrior, True, etc there's honestly not a real of difference between any of the products sans small nuances. It's sad, and the main contributer to my loss of interest in hockey equipment. 

There was a legit issue with the LS4 when it was first released. Other than that I agree. 

I'm not disappointed or bitching at CCM. It happens. Luckily for me the steel was still under warrantee. Still an excellent holder and steel.

The big + for me with the CCM XS holder is the locking mechanism is repairable without needing to rewove the holder from the skate, where as the Bauer one needs to be removed which is extra time and money.  When my trigger failed on my LS Edge (when I didn't even use it regularly) I had to drop my skate off and wait a few days to get it back, also they claimed they needed to replace the holder because they didn't have/couldn't get the parts to fix the trigger, so this cost me even more (good chance if I lived in an area with more and better shops this wouldn't be an issue but I'm limited).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xstartxtodayx said:

The big + for me with the CCM XS holder is the locking mechanism is repairable without needing to rewove the holder from the skate, where as the Bauer one needs to be removed which is extra time and money.  When my trigger failed on my LS Edge (when I didn't even use it regularly) I had to drop my skate off and wait a few days to get it back, also they claimed they needed to replace the holder because they didn't have/couldn't get the parts to fix the trigger, so this cost me even more (good chance if I lived in an area with more and better shops this wouldn't be an issue but I'm limited).

It's possible Bauer never intended on the trigger mechanism being a serviceable part. That's not unreasonable seeing how the holder would need to be removed to access it. Not all that much different then their previous holders. 

My gripe there. If the trigger fails it should fail to release the steel not fail to keep the steel in.