Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
eastside

Which Bearings are you currently using on your Inline setup Poll 2023

Which Bearings are you currently using on your Inline setup and/or would recommend:  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Everybody,  with the addition of Helo and Rinkster bearings in recent years, there is a massive choice of inline bearings on the market currently.  I am interested in what you are currently using or what works well to what you might think might last the longest.  Do you keep the generic bearings that come with your new inlines or do you swap them out.  How often would you need to change and have you ever destroyed a set.  Please comment on what you are using or recommend, anything to steer clear of, and i've missed anything feel free to comment on your set as well.   Look forward to your replies.

I’ve been skating inline since I was a kid in the 90’s. Never splurged on ceramic or any other bearings really. Just regular upkeep (clean/lube). What I’m using now are some $20 or $30 bearings I bought off Amazon. Zero issues with them. 

• Like 1

Either buy serviceable bearings (the ones you can take the covers off) and clean and relube them a couple times a year or buy really cheap bearings and replace them a few times a year. I notice a big difference between cheap and quality wheels, but I can't say I notice a big difference in bearings. 

I'll usually use bearings for a while indoors and then relegate them to outdoor use when they get a bit loud (even after cleaning and relubing if they're serviceable), but still spin fine. If they aren't rolling smoothly and they can't be serviced then they're thrown out. 

• Like 1

I got a set of those Qube ceramic bearings on Amazon and have been using them for about 4 years now. Cleaning them when necessary or when I change out my wheels. They keep rolling  pretty good

On 8/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, jannick said:

I am currently using Bones Swiss Ceramic Speed Bearings on my inline setup. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a high-quality bearing that is smooth, fast, and durable.

BTW, anyone knew this site https://en.tradebearings.com/ or get bearings from it?

It's only in your mind, because you bought expensive bearings, so you expect they are fast and you fell them, they are fast. But it's only placebo and they aren't fasterer as you expect. Next time buy better wheels, they have more effect for speed.
https://vandemlongboardshop.co.uk/pages/skateboard-bearings#ceramic-bearings-worth-it

Edited by Junqueira
addition

Been using some ceramic bearings I got from ebay for about 7 years now. Clean them every so often. No rusting, no pitting and the balls just keep going. Got Bones reds on my other skates. 

I'm more intrigued to know what people use to clean their bearings?

On 10/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, skinni44 said:

Been using some ceramic bearings I got from ebay for about 7 years now. Clean them every so often. No rusting, no pitting and the balls just keep going. Got Bones reds on my other skates. 

I'm more intrigued to know what people use to clean their bearings?

I don't have fancy bearings and don't play inline hockey all year round mainly due to officiating ice hockey during the fall and winter. I use Sonic Turbo Wash. It seems to get the job done but I'm not a hardcore maintenance guy 😅