Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sprungdownunder

Ribcor 100k skate durability

Looking at some new skates & considering the ribcor 100k's , they have been out for awhile now so there durability should be well known.

When they first came out there was a post which showed there quarter package all cracked up but can't seem to find it, anyone got some experience with them , are they holding up? Are they worth buying? 

5 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

Looking at some new skates & considering the ribcor 100k's , they have been out for awhile now so there durability should be well known.

When they first came out there was a post which showed there quarter package all cracked up but can't seem to find it, anyone got some experience with them , are they holding up? Are they worth buying? 

I have had multiple pairs since launch day and would rank their durability as a B+ overall. Because the boot is solid gloss black and the graphics are minimal, it will show every single imperfection, much like if you have a black colored car. Overall the boot and liners are very durable. If you can find a pair of Pro Stock, that would be ideal, since those usually have the upgraded liners (clarino) and extra padding too. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

I have had multiple pairs since launch day and would rank their durability as a B+ overall. Because the boot is solid gloss black and the graphics are minimal, it will show every single imperfection, much like if you have a black colored car. Overall the boot and liners are very durable. If you can find a pair of Pro Stock, that would be ideal, since those usually have the upgraded liners (clarino) and extra padding too. 

With pro stock though wouldn't the boot be made for the players foot or is say like a standard size boot with customisations, tongue,liner, holder size,stiffer & so forth?

I've had 100k Pro's for about 8+ months now and they have been great.  I skate twice a week as a 45 year old beer leaguer, who is 6'4 and 230 lbs and I can put them through their paces pretty well.  So far they have been holding up great.  They fit me like a glove and frankly are the best fitting skate I have ever owned.  I hope they continue to last bc I really do like them.  

For the record I also tried on the AS-V Pros in various sizes and widths and skated in the one pair that fit me best.  Unfortunately, it was like skating in ski boots, just way too stiff for my liking.  The 100K's are incredibly comfortable and plenty stiff with just a enough give to make me feel proper while skating.

Edited by noupf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

With pro stock though wouldn't the boot be made for the players foot or is say like a standard size boot with customisations, tongue,liner, holder size,stiffer & so forth?

It depends. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. An example would be this pair I am selling online that has some upgrades but very few modifications to the actual fit of the skate:

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/skates/6508133-ccm-ribcor-100k-pro-stock-hockey-skates

• Like 1

Mine are heavily used and holding up fine, as are the AS3 PROs.  I will say that modern pro-level gear seems tuned more towards performance rather than durability.

I do find it fascinating that we get skates in for sharpening and/or repair that look like they were pulled from a car wreck while others look lightly used.  Same model skate...similar ages...similar usage.  I'm an example.  I skate 5-6x week between coaching and my games. I play D, block shots, bang in front of the net and in corners, and my skates look clean.  Not new but not trashed. Could it be weight related (I'm 5'9" 168)?  I do pull my footbeds after every skate but do nothing to the outers.  I'd like to understand why this is.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jbear said:

I'm tempted to grab those...but I just bought some Machs to try😖🤣🥅🇨🇦🏒

I am interested to hear your feedback on the Mach. I got them when they released and HATED them, I think I used them about 5 times before selling them. I assume I disliked them mostly due to the 263 holder, which I could have replaced with a 271, but overall I didn't like the way the skate fit compared to CCM and TRUE. 

Edited by VegasHockey

I will let you know. I'm putting 271's on and baking them today. Not sure if I'll have them for tomorrow night's practice,  but🤞🥅🇨🇦🏒😎

First Bauer I've put on that fit as perfectly as my CCMs.

17 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

I've been in 100k's since right about when they launched. Whats that, almost three years?? Anyway, I play 2-3 times a week year round. I have had zero issues with the boot or the holder. The only issue I've experienced was a broken runner which was under warranty and quickly replaced. 

I saw that pic too. I think it was just one of those things. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I am interested to hear your feedback on the Mach. I got them when they released and HATED them, I think I used them about 5 times before selling them. I assume I disliked them mostly due to the 263 holder, which I could have replaced with a 271, but overall I didn't like the way the skate fit compared to CCM and TRUE. 

I currently have Ultrasonics and ASV Pros.  When I skated in the Machs I don't know if it was just the pair I had, but I didn't care for how the Amp Flex facing felt.  To me it felt softer than the Ultrasonic and I just felt a little less stable with hard skating.  Hands down though it is one great looking skate.

That's exactly what I liked about it...the greater upper flex with the stiffer lower boot...Ribcore upper with Tacks last.  If it is actually that...perfect for me 🤞🥅🇨🇦🏒😎.

3 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I am interested to hear your feedback on the Mach. I got them when they released and HATED them, I think I used them about 5 times before selling them. I assume I disliked them mostly due to the 263 holder, which I could have replaced with a 271, but overall I didn't like the way the skate fit compared to CCM and TRUE

I know you didnt ask, but I've had my Machs for almost 6mo's now and do love them. I have low arches and for me the Machs (and Vapors) didnt irritate my arches like CCM's did. I really wanted the CCM line to work for me, but I found all of them made my arches feel like they were on fire (even with SuperFeet, which I am not a fan of for my foot type). The JetSpeed line was the worst offender regarding arch pain. TRUE's were more comfortable to me (yes they baked them) but Bauer still won out for fit and feel.

Appreciate your take.  For me it's my left maleolar. I blocked a clapper in my last college game in 1982 (less than 5 minutes left in a ridiculously lopsided loss😖).  That bone is deformed, so I've had to punch my skates (those that could be) ever since. On two skates have not needed that...the 100Ks and these Machs.  I may hate the way they ride, but they sure feel great out of the box! 

• Like 1

I picked up a pair of Machs coming out of FT2s and absolutely love them. The softer upper reminds me of my old One90s from back in the day and the heel lock is exceptional. My setup is top eyelet undone, 263 Pulse Ti on a 7 Fit 1 - absolute butter.