Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
iceman8310

VHfootwear Tongue replacement

I had the tongues shows on my VHfootwear skates.  I have had a few pairs of true skates.  I like the skates but absolutely hate the tongues.  I miss my VHfootwear tongues.  Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement.  The True tongues I’ve had are the following

30B8CDCF-2511-4003-AA80-CED69E893BC9.jpeg

B66A3A3F-070A-48A1-92B9-69A45096D208.jpeg

52B3DC5B-8A8C-407C-A6D6-C0280640C267.jpeg

You can modify them yourself or just keep trying different tongues such as ccm xs tongues and Nash sniper tongue etc. All you need to do is attach Velcro to them and they'll attach to your skates. What don't you like about the two true tongues you posted. 

45 minutes ago, x-axis said:

Send True an email. I asked if they could replace my old VH tongues and they were able to make an identical pair for me. 

Might want to ask for two pairs, one for the future.

On 11/6/2023 at 6:20 PM, iceman8310 said:

B66A3A3F-070A-48A1-92B9-69A45096D208.jpeg

52B3DC5B-8A8C-407C-A6D6-C0280640C267.jpeg

I have both of these and I don't like them either, that top one folds oddly making creases that feel weird at times. The second one doesn't fold well at all and is too stiff causing a rebound when I flex down.

3 hours ago, Giltis said:

I have both of these and I don't like them either, that top one folds oddly making creases that feel weird at times. The second one doesn't fold well at all and is too stiff causing a rebound when I flex down.

This is exactly my issue.  The Gray tongues folded naturally vs. the new true tongues

5 hours ago, x-axis said:

Send True an email. I asked if they could replace my old VH tongues and they were able to make an identical pair for me. 

I tried emailing true about this and they said they don't make that tongue anymore.