Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Healthyscratch

Ft6 pro blade issues

Any players/retailers seeing broken blades on Ft6 pro’s? Had two break in almost identical places on blade (p29). One inside warranty, the other was the warranty replacement (which apparently has no warranty). Stick isn’t abused, and it’s not used for slap shots / one timers heavily. 

Have gone years and many sticks without issues like this. I’m hesitant to point fingers, because of so many variables with how sticks get used - but something doesn’t seem right with the build of the stick. 

Additionally, it seems like stock of the p29’s is critically low. Could be because of the popularity, but it doesn’t seem like CCM is producing the stick right now. Have they stopped production? 

Edited by Healthyscratch

The new gens as6 pro, ghost and trigger 8 with softer blades are having very large issues and breaks. I haven’t seen it on the ft6 personally. I also speak with the manager at my local shop for trends on breaks when the new sticks always come out and the as6 has large returns already and the trigger 8. They didn’t get the ghost as we are Canada but I broke it quickly on the blade. I’ve had 4 ft6 pros and never broke them just sold for other sticks 

Edited by Beerleaguebumhockey

I had the trigger 8 and used it for maybe 5 periods total. I ended up selling bc I didn't like the puck feel. But what I was concerned about was the dual core blade. I had a feeling a new blade tech could compromise what previously was tried and tested durability wise. Before I sold it I did notice when I checked the blade for stiffness, I heard an ever so soft creak which I've never experienced with ccm since the using ccm. That confirmed it for me to sell and not look back lol. Ida a shame. Ccm was doing so well with durability for the most part. 

Maybe it's time to stick up on whatever remains or the ft 4 and 5s

Edited by Sniper9

On 11/27/2023 at 5:50 PM, Healthyscratch said:

Any players/retailers seeing broken blades on Ft6 pro’s? Had two break in almost identical places on blade (p29). One inside warranty, the other was the warranty replacement (which apparently has no warranty). Stick isn’t abused, and it’s not used for slap shots / one timers heavily. 

Have gone years and many sticks without issues like this. I’m hesitant to point fingers, because of so many variables with how sticks get used - but something doesn’t seem right with the build of the stick. 

Additionally, it seems like stock of the p29’s is critically low. Could be because of the popularity, but it doesn’t seem like CCM is producing the stick right now. Have they stopped production? 

I have personally had no issues with the FT6 Pro. Have only seen one break, at the handle, when a college player crosschecked an opponent in front of the goal. 😉 

FT6 stick production is ramping down as the FT7 Pro is getting queued for production.  

On 11/30/2023 at 2:57 PM, Sniper9 said:

I had the trigger 8 and used it for maybe 5 periods total. I ended up selling bc I didn't like the puck feel. But what I was concerned about was the dual core blade. I had a feeling a new blade tech could compromise what previously was tried and tested durability wise. Before I sold it I did notice when I checked the blade for stiffness, I heard an ever so soft creak which I've never experienced with ccm since the using ccm. That confirmed it for me to sell and not look back lol. Ida a shame. Ccm was doing so well with durability for the most part. 

Maybe it's time to stick up on whatever remains or the ft 4 and 5s

I have seen no issues with players using the Trigger 8 Pro. Though I would imagine the dual feel blade would likely lose pop over time. 

I've been using FT6 Pros since June. I recently had one fail. I could feel something was off. When I removed the tape the bottom of the blade (the part that touches the ice) was cracked. The blade felt a little squishy when playing or handling the puck on the back side. Anything off the face felt fine. Buts like 6-7 months playing 2-3 times a week.

My 1st year bantam cracked his Trigger 8 Pro (bought in mid September) blade right in the middle of the curve on the bottom edge.  The crack has quickly expanded and the stick is now trash.  Shortest blade lifespan we've had since he started playing.  Very disappointing, especially since he likes the P90TM curve, which can be very difficult to find.  I knew I should have bought him a 5 stick pack from Pro at the beginning of the season.  I have a feeling I'll be spending around the same amount for far fewer sticks this season when it is all said and done.  

2 hours ago, krisdrum said:

My 1st year bantam cracked his Trigger 8 Pro (bought in mid September) blade right in the middle of the curve on the bottom edge.  The crack has quickly expanded and the stick is now trash.  Shortest blade lifespan we've had since he started playing.  Very disappointing, especially since he likes the P90TM curve, which can be very difficult to find.  I knew I should have bought him a 5 stick pack from Pro at the beginning of the season.  I have a feeling I'll be spending around the same amount for far fewer sticks this season when it is all said and done.  

P90tm is offered by most major brands now. Ccm, Bauer, sherwood etc. 

Edited by Sniper9

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Yes, noticed some available from other brands besides CCM last night while doing research for a new stick for my kid.  But still seems very limited options and almost all only available on top end models, sticks that are $300+ USD.  His Trigger 8 Pro was one of the first times he's used a top tier stick.  We usually get him 2nd tier sticks in hopes that the durability is a bit better, but I'm hearing the regular Trigger 8 is having blade durability issues as well. 

6 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I thought Bauer was only offering it as part of the MyBauer program?

I know True is releasing their version at full retail at some point.

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

My son is a 90TM convert this season and I can usually find a few between Bauer and Ccm on the rack at retail. Not sure if it’s growing in popularity or I just notice it more now…

4 hours ago, stick9 said:

TRUE has had the P90 at retail for more than a year. 

Bauer released the P90 at retail with the new Vapor line. 

Sherwood released the P90 with the latest versions of their sticks. 

2 hours ago, OCpuckhead11 said:

My son is a 90TM convert this season and I can usually find a few between Bauer and Ccm on the rack at retail. Not sure if it’s growing in popularity or I just notice it more now…

It's still hard to find the P90 as most retail stores as they have been nervous about ordering and not being able to sell them. They instead prefer to stock P92/P29 and P28. 

7 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

TRUE has had the P90 at retail for more than a year. 

Bauer released the P90 at retail with the new Vapor line. 

Sherwood released the P90 with the latest versions of their sticks. 

It's still hard to find the P90 as most retail stores as they have been nervous about ordering and not being able to sell them. They instead prefer to stock P92/P29 and P28. 

Curious how much data a retail location has or is provided for stocking.  My assumption is a lot although many companies have data and don’t know how to use it, but this should be pretty trivial.  

Our local Pure which serves all or northern Pittsburgh has an interesting stock of sticks.  I would say 60-70% are senior, 70-80% are top line models, essentially no 3rd tiers (like maybe one or two lines might have a handful), 70% righty, and almost nothing other than the obligatory rack of youth Jetspeeds in 40 or lower (so no junior 40 flex which is kind of a sweet spot for 10u to even slight 14u players).  And almost all P92 and P28, which does make sense.

This is just my eye test but when we go in just for fun and my lefty 12u 85 pounder wants to look at sticks, it’s a pretty short endeavor.

Rink pro shops seemed to be better geared toward the youth demographic, which makes sense for them but still, surprising for Pure.  I haven’t been to the one south of the city since they took over a really big private store which used to have about double the stock of everything.

3 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Curious how much data a retail location has or is provided for stocking.  My assumption is a lot although many companies have data and don’t know how to use it, but this should be pretty trivial.  

Our local Pure which serves all or northern Pittsburgh has an interesting stock of sticks.  I would say 60-70% are senior, 70-80% are top line models, essentially no 3rd tiers (like maybe one or two lines might have a handful), 70% righty, and almost nothing other than the obligatory rack of youth Jetspeeds in 40 or lower (so no junior 40 flex which is kind of a sweet spot for 10u to even slight 14u players).  And almost all P92 and P28, which does make sense.

This is just my eye test but when we go in just for fun and my lefty 12u 85 pounder wants to look at sticks, it’s a pretty short endeavor.

Rink pro shops seemed to be better geared toward the youth demographic, which makes sense for them but still, surprising for Pure.  I haven’t been to the one south of the city since they took over a really big private store which used to have about double the stock of everything.

Sounds a lot like the Pure near me in central MA. I'd have better luck finding a baseball bat then I would a 70 flex P90TM.

100%.  My bantam son has been a P90TM convert since Squirt Major.  We've gone through 3 flexes since he started (40, 50, 55).  Any time I see one at a reasonable price (new or used) I try to pick it up as I have found them to be very hard to come by.  I've even DMed Gepetto at Pro asking him to add that blade spec as a stock offering in Intermediate flexes.  I guess there just aren't enough of us.  The big 2/3 curves get the vast majority of shelf space.  In most stores finding a P90TM is like spotting a rare bird or worse.

Edited by krisdrum

On 12/13/2023 at 4:16 AM, BenBreeg said:

Pure has internal buyers who dictate what's gets ordered for every store. IMO the people who do the ordering are out of touch with trends. I could go off on a tangent on this...