Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tjl_48

Tall Pants / Girdle

I know this frequently comes up, but my searching didn't yield anything recent. I am 6'3" and a 34-35" waist and am looking for some extra length pants. I currently have some prostock +2" pants, but they are really overkill for what I am playing now. Would like something a little lighter. Looks like non of the companies make a tall pants anymore. Is a girdle better for length?

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Back in the day I had a pair of Reebok 9K's that had that, and they were still too short. If I had them pulled up they gets caught on my shins.

Take a look at the CCM Jetspeed/Tacks girdles. I'm similarly sized and have been using these for a few years now and cansee going back to regular pants. The legs are height adjustable so you can dial in your preferred length. Not bulky or heavy at all. 

• Like 2

I second the Tacks/Jetspeed girdle.  I have a Super Tacks, size medium, and wear it at -1" (or possibly -1.5"), the velcro area goes from like + or - 2" and you could even modify it for additional adjustment if you wanted (I'm 5'9" for the record).  I know on the older 9K girdles you could get larger extended thigh pads, I bought a set from HockeyMonkey years ago since they were on clearance for like $20 not realizing how huge they were lol, never used them but did use them for spare parts to make repairs to other things.

I have the opposite issue (short legs) and really like the adjustability of the Tacks/Jetspeed girdle system.  Been wearing a size Small Jetspeed for the last year or so.  I usually wear a 33 or 34 waist in my street/work pants.  The Jetspeed has plenty of velcro to get a nice wrap on the waist.  I tried a SuperTacks medium and found that velcro wrap works, but is significantly shorter and would provide less range of adjustment.  The lesson is - try before you buy if you can find them in a store, or find a few sizes used for cheap and try a few options to find the right fit.  

The current CCM Tacks / Jetspeed girdle has a lot of adjustability in its length.  Just find a shell that goes over it and you'll be good to go.

I think I'll give one a go. Tried one on yesterday. Lengthwise it was pretty good. Some other features will take some getting used to. I did have a vapor xxxx girdle back in the day. Got rid of it back then cause of the length thing. If I remember I did like the girdle idea though.

Does everyone just have a Jetspeed shell, or are they pretty universal?

Edited by tjl_48

14 hours ago, tjl_48 said:

I think I'll give one a go. Tried one on yesterday. Lengthwise it was pretty good. Some other features will take some getting used to. I did have a vapor xxxx girdle back in the day. Got rid of it back then cause of the length thing. If I remember I did like the girdle idea though.

My son and I both have these. The we found the Jetspeed girdles to run very tight. He's using a CCM PP90 shell (available in longer inseam lengths) and I'm using a Tackla TGS60 . Both are XL.  You would want a + 1 or 2" with the CCMs. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tjl_48 said:

Any shell will work since it's just a cover, no need to attach any of the loops that some shells have, those are just more trouble than anything, just use the belt/closure the shell has and you're good to go.  Just be aware, collecting shells can be addicting 😅 I've lost track of how many I've had over the years, they're much cheaper than buying new pants so it's easier to match teams you're on.  In my experience, the PP90/PP9K shells run a touch longer, Warrior girdle shells run smaller (the ones from the past year or so are really small), the Tacks shell is a bit more fitted but has a zipper at the waist to add length if need be.  Bauer has some Supreme shells, they're pretty true to size but I always felt they seemed cheap, the material on the backs of legs was thin and like mesh, I wasn't a fan.  You can also use pant shells, they tend to run a little larger, a PP10 or the Bauer pant shells would prob be good since they're a little longer than a regular girdle shell, only other difference is they don't go above the waist/belt where as a girdle shell will go higher.

• Like 1