Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
bthompson1286

Custom Sticks question, overseas options

Since IPv6Freely closed my topic for some reason which was rude.  Is it possible to order sticks in a certain spec from Bauer or a smaller manufacturer?  My specs are as follows:

This is what I'm trying to get

Stick Hand: RH

Flex Profile: Bauer g15f (vapor X:60)

Flex: 82

Shaft shape: -1 round shaft, like the sherwood ek15 series

curve: Close toe, Like the old  pro Kovalchuk/Zherdev

Blade: sharkskin blade

Stick height: Tall

• Facepalm 2

Sure, you going to pay for the molds?  No?  Go check out the customizers of the folks who are in that space right now.  Bauer does custom.  Prostockhockeysticks does custom, Hoapa does custom, etc.  The question is - do they have access to the molds that will make you what you are after?  That isn't a question anyone can answer except the companies themselves.  But to manage expectations, you are going to be limited by what each source has access to.  I don't think there is anyone out there playing in the "design it from scratch and we'll make it" space, unless you are ordering large quantities and dealing directly with the factories, which is cost prohibitive for just about anyone out there, unless you think your spec can sell a ton of sticks and you want to hang a shingle yourself and see what happens.  

Edited by krisdrum

2 hours ago, bthompson1286 said:

Since IPv6Freely closed my topic for some reason which was rude.  Is it possible to order sticks in a certain spec from Bauer or a smaller manufacturer?  My specs are as follows:

Which topic are you talking about?

EDIT: Ah, I had to do some digging. It was just another pointless overseas knockoff stick thread, like this one, from over three years ago.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:20 PM, bthompson1286 said:

Short answer: 99% no.

Long answer: the 1% of the time you need to know either an EQM of a pro team with a Bauer account that has access to the full range of pro custom options. Then that EQM needs to be willing to ask their team’s management office if they can slip in your order with the next batch of (re)orders for their players. If the mould of the blade exists then great; if you’re planning on sending in your custom curve then it’ll be something like $2000 to have it made. I was actually trying to do the same thing through a friend of a friend who is the EQM of a team in Europe but the guy ghosted me, even after giving me the order spec sheet with literally every Bauer stick option to date.

• Like 1

Do non-nhl pro players even have options to these hyper specific types of requests? If I was an AHL player, could I request a custom shaft shape on a model from 5 years ago? Or would the eqm just tell me to shut up and get on the bus? 

Yes KHL, other pro teams overseas as well do get these options. Not sure about AHL though I'm pretty sure they're only options for Bauer are recent releases of stick constructions

I'm just gonna say it, why? Sticks are just tools. If they stopped making your favorite hammer would scour the globe spending thousands of dollars trying to find another or would find something that's close enough... It's 100% the latter. Especially when it's just a hobby.

Even if you managed to find someone who can do all those things for you. There's no guarantee it will feel and play like the original. I cannot say it enough, find something close and go play.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:32 AM, start_today said:

Do non-nhl pro players even have options to these hyper specific types of requests? If I was an AHL player, could I request a custom shaft shape on a model from 5 years ago? Or would the eqm just tell me to shut up and get on the bus? 

I mean, the stick order sheet I got was from a non-NHL pro team in Europe and it had all the options (including the G15F that OP is asking for).

Edited by GoalForFun