Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryno

Season not over yet?

The NHLPA said 80 million times that they'd never accept a cap and Bettman said that the season was toast if they weren't writing up a new CBA last Sunday.

Never believe what anyone says on camera during this stuff.

Or if you want to try, just salt liberally before digesting the comments.;)

By now? Season is dead. I gave up on the idea Wednesday night when it just seemed as though everybody kinda gave up on the negotiations (until September, that is...)

Both Bettman and Daly have talked about how having to have another press conference to announce that a deal has been struck to save the season would be a problem that they'd like to have.

This corpse may just spring back to life............. :ph34r:

The Fan had that rumour on Wednesday night.... Stick a fork in it already, shoot the dead horse again, just let it die becuase the league will not retract the cancellation.

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

I know a lot of you are skeptical of this guy, but over the last couple of weeks his "rumors" have usually been confirmed by mainstream media about 10-12 hours after the fact.

Even if you don't believe a word he says, it's entertaining reading.

I believe there will be some type of season. Both the owners and players are unhappy with the representation they got over the last few months.

Eklund is amusing, but he's about as accurate as the stuff Brooks tosses out during the season..and is right about as often too

I agree Jim for the most part.

But he is right this time in that there are meetings going on that are getting serious. Even TSN reported and printed it.

Anyone with half a clue could see them meeting after they were so close to a deal.

But he is right this time in that there are meetings going on that are getting serious.  Even TSN reported and printed it.

Anyone with half a clue could see them meeting after they were so close to a deal.

Whereas you only need a quarter of a clue to say it was obvious after every major news outlet has reported on it.

But he is right this time in that there are meetings going on that are getting serious.  Even TSN reported and printed it.

Whereas you only need a quarter of a clue to say it was obvious after every major news outlet has reported on it.

Please read my post from 2:30 on the 16th. I believe that was before any reports were made public. I know I hadn't heard anything official at that point.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=8227&st=30

$10 says this gets resolved tonight or tomorrow

Obviously I gave them a bit more credit than I should have.

i get happier and happier as the night goes on, i feel like a kid on Christmas...i dont want this to fall through...and leave me angry...again

I think even if we do have a season, although I will be completely overjoyed, the media has already brought the sport down so much that its going to take years for it to fully recover. Maybe sidney crosby will revive the sport, but thats still in the future. The latest thing that I saw with the media is yet another poll on Yahoo Sports. Its another one of those polls that asks- Whats your reaction to the possibility of the NHL coming back. Of curse he choices are "overjoyed" and "could care less." The media has put this idea into the average sports fans head that hockey is worthless and its boring, and I hate that. But hey, at least used proper grammar.. :blink: Good job Yahoo sports.. At least 71% of the voters "could care less" meaning that they actually could care alot less. Thats flattering. I think they meant to say "couldnt care less" but its ok.. I forgive them... <_<