Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modo22

What League/Sport do dislike the most?

What sport do you hate the most?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I absolutely hate how much attention Baseball gets in the US. It is sad. The season seems to be all year long. The players are all over weight. It is the only game where the players and coaches actually sleep on the bench. I am not saying baseball is easy to play, but compared to most other sports in North America, it is. Is it like this in Canada? I would move, but my Fiancée won't. So I am stuck in the Baseball idiot capitol of the US....

Anyways, what do you guys think? And if I missed any, let me know.

I also seem to like NCAA football and basketball (and other sports) more than the Pros.

Actually it has been said that hiting a baseball is the hardestthing to do in all sports. Think about it, you have about 1/10 of a second to react to a pitch going 95mph you have to time your swing and decide to swing or not and you have to be able to get out of the way.

I CANT STAND SOCCER!!! Its the same as hockey but with-out skates and HUGE nets. Hockey takes so much more skill, especially to ice skate. In soccer you just run around, and kick the ball at a frickin' huge goal.

Actually it has been said that hiting a baseball is the hardestthing to do in all sports.

No doubt hitting a 95mph fastball is hard, but thats just one aspect of the game. I think there are harder things to do in sport than that. Eventually batting becomes all about the percentages, just like in every sport.

Not a fan of football or NASCAR, I find them to be very similar. Way too much down time and time when nothing is really happening.

I voted soccer, mainly because it's just boring, although I know it's very tough to play.

Though, two trapping hockey teams playing each other is equally boring.

I think I'd have to go with the NHL. Before the lockout it was tough to watch a regular season and even the playoffs seemed boring. Granted I hate some of the other sports more, but I wouldn't give them a moment's thought anyway.

Before the lockout it was tough to watch a regular season and even the playoffs seemed boring.

I can see that.

I absolutely hate how much attention Baseball gets in the US.

hmmm.... america's past time! too much attention in the U.S.

not that i am bothered by your hatered... you are allowed that. but you say baseball gets too much attention in the u.s. that would be like saying hockey gets too much attention in canada, if you lived there, and hated hockey.

hmmm.... america's past time!

First, thank you for saying I am allowed to have an opinion. I see so often people getting offended or defensive…

But, There is the reply I was waiting for….the game in the past is totally different from what it is now (not even considering the recent scandals). That seems to be the most common response to my criticism of baseball. The attention is still some what overboard.

It's grandfathered in as a sport though. Look how many strikes/work stoppages it's survived. Could hockey make it past that many? They're not even sure it'll survive this one.

I hate football. Too many stoppages and too much advsertisement. I love soccer no commercials no lenghty stoppages, clock just keeps going and goals are pretty rare which make every goal special. Plus it is the most popular sport in the world anyone can play

The key to fan interest in any of these sports is not necessarily if the game itself is "exciting" but fan identification with the players or teams involved.....

Some of us (me included) watch a lot of sports contests without cheering for one side or the other, and in doing so, judge the "excitement factor" based only on the execution of play within the game for our jollies....Lot's of sports become "boring" when this is true.

If we go watch a soccer game, a hockey game, a race, a baseball game where we know a player or two, or in some way "identify" with a particular team or player, then the game becomes exciting....even at youth or minor league levels...

Any contest becomes more interesting when we have some sort of vested interest in the outcome. One of the big reasons many sports are so popular, has nothing to do with the execution of the game, but because the sport gets a lot of gambling attention....hence many fans get "into" the game because they now have a vested interest.

Soccer has world wide popularity is due to the fact so many have played it. Participation in a sport greatly heightens the fan interest in any contest.....one more method of creating fan identification.

Actually it has been said that hiting a baseball is the hardestthing to do in all sports. Think about it, you have about 1/10 of a second to react to a pitch going 95mph you have to time your swing and decide to swing or not and you have to be able to get out of the way.

agreed, try hitting a ball with a round bat going 90+ mph.

Also, Hockey is one sport that combines skating along with a whole set of other skills you need to know.

Could not agree more!

soccer isn't as easy as some of you guys think it is.

Also, could not agree more. I started playing soccer before hockey, and am a much better player because of it. You learn so much with your feat, that you can easily apply on ice. Although the initial transfer was difficult, I would find my self receiving passes with my feet more than I should have. :P

i not too big of a fan of golf or baseball. just can't get into it, but i don't mind watching the world series if nothing else is on. i love watching soccer. i get a ton of euro league games on the sat. fantastic crowds. and anyone who says soccer doesn't require skill, you a gratuitously misinformed.

I've played soccer most of my life, and I can tell you it requires alot of skill, and you have to be in very good shape

Also to point out, I have seen a lot of overweight Baseball and Football players in my day, but very rarely one in hockey. That doesn't speak much of the difficulties, but it does with conditioning.

Rob Ray has a gut, but then again he isn't much of a hockey player.