Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

43%burnt

punching out a skate for length?

is it possible to push out about a 1/4" of length in a skate? how do they go about punching out a skate? something i can get at a shoe store possibly? thanks.

I've heard of them stretching a skate out at pro-shops, but I don't think it's quite as easy as just adding attachments to a riveting machine and punching it out. Most pro-shops will know who can do it for you if they don't do it themselves. From what I remember, it is a multi-day process though

is it possible to push out about a 1/4" of length in a skate? how do they go about punching out a skate? something i can get at a shoe store possibly? thanks.

Yes, you could gain that with some stretching.

I'm pretty sure you can punch them out length wise.

I had my Bauer 20-90 inline skates punched out for extra width in the forefoot and I had to leave them overnight.

I'm pretty sure you can punch them out length wise.

I had my Bauer 20-90 inline skates punched out for extra width in the forefoot and I had to leave them overnight.

This is what I was talking about with the riveting press. They have attachments for the press to punch pockets into the sidewalls of skates. Like I said though, any good pro-shop will know who/where will do stretching if they don't

Punching out and stretching are two different things. Punching out is where you work on a particular spot. You can use a press that attaches to a riveter or a hand one. A stretcher stretches the entire skate.

You can usually get away with stretching up to about a 1/2 size in length.

Some skates you can get more, others less but yes 1/2 size is about right. On a traditional leather skate, I soak them in a stretching solution and can really get them a full size.

a company called Super Feet (not the insoles) makes a portable hand held boot stretcher. works great to stretch the boots. it has long been used in the ski industry.

the best thing, other then jimmy's comment about a stretching solution, is to heat the skate with boiling water... place the skate in a turkey cooking bag (sounds weird i know, but it works)(with a soaker on the blade) and place the skate in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes, remove the skate from the bag, and stretch away.

using a skate oven will actually dry out the skate components and stretching a skate that much, will effect the glue, and durability of the skate.