Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blues_91

Hefter helmet "coming soon" to thepenaltybox.com

They can say it'll save you from a bullet to the head, but until it has some sort of certification it's worthless as a hockey helmet.

Just a guess but if they kept the original design they may have had fit issues. The air vents on the side would have reduced the space available for padding.

the 'hefter' symbol could be a little more original, it looks basically the exact same as bauer, by emulating the bauer font and symbol it makes the helmet look like a cheap ripoff, or maybe its just me

I wrote The Penalty Box to see when they might have the helmets available. This is what I got back:

Hefter has not given us a definitive release date yet but it will most likely not be until June or July. This is just a guess but they will have VERY limited distribution and we are one of the few approved dealers and were one of the first so we should be one of the first have them. All we can suggest is to keep checking the site for updates.

Please let us know if we can be of any further help.

Regards,

THE PENALTY BOX

In other words, hey, we got suckered into the minimum buy. But we have no clue when, or if, we'll get them.

They can say it'll save you from a bullet to the head, but until it has some sort of certification it's worthless as a hockey helmet.

Wow I have never really worried about that, but once you think about it.................................for all those hockey players in da hood.

In other words, hey, we got suckered into the minimum buy. But we have no clue when, or if, we'll get them.

yea that's part of the problem with advance booking. Last year Eddy was 4 months late getting cert on a redesigned model. So I basically had few masks at beginning of season and lost lot of sales. I usually try not to have one vendor for a particular item but had had good luck with them in the past.

If Hefter doesn't make Jun/July, I would immediately canx my order if I was you.

it seems that this hefter helment is big on protection and saftey

so they say. The fact they didn't permit people to actually touch it, bothers me. I don't trust anyone that doesn't let you give the product a close inspection.

were you not shown the padding used in the helmet, they showed a comparison of the padding in the 8000 and there padding. there paddins more more plyable so it gives more around the head where the 8000 is a more rigid padding

it seems that this hefter helment is big on protection and saftey

so they say. The fact they didn't permit people to actually touch it, bothers me. I don't trust anyone that doesn't let you give the product a close inspection.

were you not shown the padding used in the helmet, they showed a comparison of the padding in the 8000 and there padding. there paddins more more plyable so it gives more around the head where the 8000 is a more rigid padding

The had samples of the foam but wouldn't let anyone touch the actual helmet.

I've never been to a hockey equipment trade show, but I have been to electronics trade shows before. At those, the "forbiden to touch" display model is something I've seen before.

Typically the reason you can't touch it is because the item they have on display is not the actual product. It is a cheap model. Their product wasn't ready in time for the show, but they want to show something so they create a mock up. The reason they don't let you touch it is because they don't want people to walk away thinking that the cheap and flimsy model was the actual product. It's better to have people walk away with unanswered questions than to walk away with the wrong answers. Without being there, I can only guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hefter had similar reasoning at Las Vegas.

Not saying I would pay up front for 25 unseen helmets (or even 5,) but I wouldn't rule out future business dealings either.

That's cool that they had the foam available for inspection. That's what really interests me about this helmet. As far as I can tell, the exterior of hockey helmets haven't experienced anything truely revolutionary for a long time. (Other than Mission, has anyone tried any new exterior materials? The plastic on my 2004 Bauer looks and feels the same as my 1988 Cooper.) All the big changes have been on the inside, so I'd love to hear opinions of the feel of the "Zorbium."

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I was wondering if anyone has tried these yet. If so, how does it compare (fit/comfort-wise) to the 8K or 8000?

Is there even a market big enough to support this product?

Think about it:

Youth hockey players: parents or kids likely won't worry about having that much protection, unlessed they are sold on it by one of the guys in the store.

High school/junior players:

Too expensive, not really worth making the change when you're short on cash and may not even be playing long enough to make it worthwhile.

College Players:

May be the best market. As they need the protection, they may actually wear the bucket. Same as highschool though. They may decide not to bother with it because they don't want to change helmets.

NHL/pro's:

Stick to what they know, even if it isn't a good protecting helmet. Even if the pro's were to wear them, the company would likely be paying them, which would result in a loss of money.

Is there really a place for the hefter helmeet?

actually ,youd be suprised at how important helmets and such are to people. Its actually my most important piece of equipment because i have a problem with concussions and quite a few people i know are starting to realize it doesnt matter how cool you look when it comes to protection. but it still is a high price and not a very big name like bauer ,ccm or now reebok

Really like the looks of this one, but you clearly see the inspiration with itech and bauer. The 8000 still wins a place in my heart :D

I also think that the helmet is the most important piece in your bag and heck, if the product's good, clients will par for it. Why not 140$ when many are ready to take out 200$ for a onepiece stick?

Is there even a market big enough to support this product?

Think about it:

Youth hockey players: parents or kids likely won't worry about having that much protection, unlessed they are sold on it by one of the guys in the store.

High school/junior players:

Too expensive, not really worth making the change when you're short on cash and may not even be playing long enough to make it worthwhile.

College Players:

May be the best market. As they need the protection, they may actually wear the bucket. Same as highschool though. They may decide not to bother with it because they don't want to change helmets.

NHL/pro's:

Stick to what they know, even if it isn't a good protecting helmet. Even if the pro's were to wear them, the company would likely be paying them, which would result in a loss of money.

Is there really a place for the hefter helmeet?

actually ,youd be suprised at how important helmets and such are to people. Its actually my most important piece of equipment because i have a problem with concussions and quite a few people i know are starting to realize it doesnt matter how cool you look when it comes to protection. but it still is a high price and not a very big name like bauer ,ccm or now reebok

Exactly. Most of those are likely the opposite in real life. If there's anyone you can sell a $140 helmet to, it'll be kids and high school players with overprotective moms and dads with deep pockets. You'd be surprised how easy it is to convince a concerned mother how much of a risk concussions are for her 7 year old son, who is signed up for the non checking house league, or better yet, learn to play hockey. Throw a high school kid in the same shoes, and wow, you better get your kid some protection, that league's really really rough.

Junior and college players (and through the pros) are notorious for not wearing as much protection as they should. That, and the fact that many of their teams provide them with helmets will keep many of them from wearing Hefter, especially if their teams are going to have to pay anywhere near that price.

If this helmet has any chance, it'll be in the recreational end on a lot of players who don't even play in a checking league. But as others have mentioned, the company's already treading water with their approach.

i thikn it looks like the 8000, but uglier, it wont beat the comfort level of bauer 8000

i liked the comfort of the 8000 at first,but i cant stand it now, it's like those gel pack like inserts got hard and now it feels like a rock on my head.