Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

Fastest guys in the NHL

Who do you all think is the fastest skater in the NHL? Dont go buy the skills competition either. I mean real game situation speed not goin around in a circle with a stop watch on you.

with puck, tod marchant, kolvachuck, Maxin Afinogenov and Pavel Bure

without puck, Fedorov, Karia, Kapanen and beleive it or not, Aleandre Daigle who keeps clocking the best time of all the NHL...

todd marchant when he is on PK

Jason Chimera because he beat gardner's record during the oilers skills comp, marian gaborik (that guy was freaking crazy when he was here playing the canucks during the playoffs).

I wanna see a stop and start speed race in the All-Star game. Then we will see who's the fastest. I know I can own guys in a race around the rink, but doing herbies I'm in the middle.

are there still these skill competitions at allstar games ?

ive never seen them completely, just short footage in the news or something.

can i download em anywhere ?

Jason Chimera on the Oil is apparently like friggin lightning.

Yes, Jason is fast...but he's not an Oil anymore....Phoenix (I believe) got him as a FA last summer.

pavel bure.. before the knee injuries.. lightning with or without it..

something that surprised me while watching a panther game a while back.. peter worrell was pretty quick to..

something that surprised me while watching a panther game a while back.. peter worrell was pretty quick to..

Peter Twist, the Vancouver Canuck conditionning teacher, said that he coaches to college players that were faster than Pavel Bure. He said where Pavel is so great is in his first steps.He said Pavel Bure has awesome quickness and agility.

So, I mean quickness and fastest are two things much different.

There too many variables.

Chadd, what was your Major in College? If I had to guess I would say Econ....Am I right?

Can we throw in retired players too?

Cuz I think perennial "fastest" discussions like Coffey, Orr, M. Richard, Bobby Hull etc. deserve a nod.

something that surprised me while watching a panther game a while back..  peter worrell was pretty quick to..

Peter Twist, the Vancouver Canuck conditionning teacher, said that he coaches to college players that were faster than Pavel Bure. He said where Pavel is so great is in his first steps.He said Pavel Bure has awesome quickness and agility.

So, I mean quickness and fastest are two things much different.

I read that as well Kovy....................

First step and acceleration are key.

Very different from rink-length speed.

There too many variables.

Chadd, what was your Major in College? If I had to guess I would say Econ....Am I right?

Broadcast communications, I was a radio guy for years. B)

Quickness and flat out speed are very different things.