Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cavs019

Kudos to the Easton warrantee department.

All of the ones I have tested have.

Did you stick to your OPS or go fack to your flyweight combo? 5 months of use is alot of hockey, at least for me it is.

Man i can see sending it back to easton. They could check out your stick and see what they finally did right. I wouldn't feel right taking a stick from them after one lasting five months :ph34r: .The only stick i have had that has lasted longer than that is a vector.

Ya those were a good year. They had the z-tac on the blade. Easton wasn't making enough money though so they had to take it off so more sticks would break.

My 2001 old grey synergy, three years and counting. It has been in my garage in its handicapped parking spot for a year and a half though.

And by the way Boston, I don't feel anything when snapping my 180 dollar sticks in two, because I understand thats the risk you take when opting for a performance oriented stick, rather than a stick focused on durability.

do you have proof of that or speculation because no matter how fragile the synergy is, I will still buy, and i bet others will too, so the z tac could have helped prolong life, but im sure people still broke them often. I mean i was using that blade when it was cracked

do you have proof of that or speculation because no matter how fragile the synergy is, I will still buy, and i bet others will too, so the z tac could have helped prolong life, but im sure people still broke them often. I mean i was using that blade when it was cracked

The 02 blades did last longer because of the z-tac. I took me over a year to break the blad on mine and i have broken 6 sythesis blades in just over 3 months. And if a stick lasts longer people won't need to buy sticks as often if they broke earlier.

Yes, the crappy turnaround from '02 to '03 Easton's line is legendary. I've had some decent luck this year, but '03 put a huge black eye on them.

You would be surprised how many shops "help" their customers by giving them new receipts.

Yup.

A local store here did that with Easton. Easton finally put 2+2 together and realized that they were sending back more OPS than they booked for the year...needless to say they're not around anymore.

Yes, the crappy turnaround from '02 to '03 Easton's line is legendary. I've had some decent luck this year, but '03 put a huge black eye on them.

Is there any way to tell an '04 Synergy from an '03 from just looking at it?

I haven't been able to tell but I can only assume it's the '04 by its quality and time of purchase. I guess technically the only true '04 product I've used of theirs is the Stealth.

I have two vectors both one and a half years old and the only problem is some chips off the blade which are quite severe, but do not affect the performance. I think it's all the luck of the draw on the stick you decide to pick from the rack.

I have always had a positive experience with easton. Ive bought four synergy grips, and only one has broken in the two years ive been using them. Also, I am 5'9'', 185 and a defensemen playing about 80 games a year. Not to shabby of durability. My best experience was when I broke my first synergy. I sent it in, and a motnh later I get a call. They were out of stock on my Modano 110, so they told me theyd overnight a zbubble grip with a focus flex blade....and on top of that my synergy when they were in stock. Next day, stick/blade is at the door after school and about two weeks later a synergy. Kick ASS!

Ya, this happened about a 8 months ago and my friend borrowed the Z-Bubble and snapped it so I made out on the deal. He gave me $50 (I hardly used the stick more than four times) and I still have the blade.