Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cougarscaptain87

Custom Skates / Ice to Inline Conversion

Bummer, definitely look into something that would mount better.

probably going with sprungs, but wasnt planning on spending $125 to do this, but hey, $125 is cheaper than new inline skates right?

Old new school and new old school. These are OG street/boot 9s, which is about a 7.5 Bauer with A7s. Very hard mount with the tight elastic side straps on the tongue.

9AmpFly.jpg

9AmpFlyA7.jpg

Not to thread jack here, but I am an ice player, and I have an old pair of graf 705's sz 12 laying around, and some 852 tacks sz 11.5. I'd like to make an inline pair out of one of them. Would a local shop be able to mount a chassis up if i brought in the skates and a set of chassis? The 852'smight be a problem, as there are a few cracks in the footbeds starting at the rivets. Also, where would one go about getting a set of chassis to do this? thanks for the help

Not to thread jack here, but I am an ice player, and I have an old pair of graf 705's sz 12 laying around, and some 852 tacks sz 11.5. I'd like to make an inline pair out of one of them. Would a local shop be able to mount a chassis up if i brought in the skates and a set of chassis? The 852'smight be a problem, as there are a few cracks in the footbeds starting at the rivets. Also, where would one go about getting a set of chassis to do this? thanks for the help

Any shop that can rivet an ice holder can rivet an inline frame, you should be able to covert those skates no problem. You can find a bunch of options online at a place like this : Inline frames @ inlinewarehouse.com or, if you're coming from ice exclusively you might prefer a sprung setup.

Aaaaand, back on topic :)

IMG_0641.JPG

Mag Vanguard Frame

RV Variant Wheels

Bones Super Reds bearings

Edited by Darshu

dont feel like filling up the sprung thread with pics. I kinda did some work to my boot: Midnight edition. Dyed the tounge middles black, black laces with blue ticks, and some spare wheels i had.

Which ones do you like better?

skates5.jpg

skates.jpg

12PM Ed. definitely. The yellow looks out of place to me.

yeh i like the black better. too bad I dont have 4 more of those wheels in perfect condition. I need to get new wheels anyways, I got those yellow wheels for a steal at a local tournament selling them for $5 each or $20 a pack, $40 for all new wheels you cant beat. I wish i could find that again. paying $80 for all new wheels is a set back.

Don't sacrifice performance for "looking cool". Use what works.

theyre both equally dead except for about two of the black wheels. i go through wheels quick. :(

Old new school and new old school. These are OG street/boot 9s, which is about a 7.5 Bauer with A7s. Very hard mount with the tight elastic side straps on the tongue.

9AmpFly.jpg

That's hilarious, I have the same boots mounted on wheels.

midmight edition... I think Fletch did something similar with his One95, but I think he also colored teh axles blue to match the blue hues in the skate.

midmight edition... I think Fletch did something similar with his One95, but I think he also colored teh axles blue to match the blue hues in the skate.

yes he did, and also the "spring". those skates are very nice.

Got these via EBondo (think they came from Fatwabbit first?) and swapped out for these wheels/laces. Boots are Sergei Fedorov's and have his #91 on the outside of each heel, and also name on the back. Will be on inlines for the first time ever, lol. Using these to help me as I rehab from a broken left fibula.

fed1.jpg.JPG

fed2.jpg.JPG

fed3.jpg.JPG

fed4.jpg.JPG

Edited by Too Old

well im new to the site, but not to hockey or skates lol. but i have a pair of mission bsx i believe? that i had for inline and just want a pair to go back and forth with so my one95's can not get so beat up. im using a tuuk+ holder with the missions. ill post some pictures when im done, and i wont be using the rivets, ill be using the t-nut and screw. a lot of buddies i have use them and wont go back to rivets even if they dont switch back and forth, i find it rather odd.

Spinal Tapsters, sooner than expected. B)

11K.jpg

Oh my, I seem to have made a mess!!!

Those are the nicest skates i've seen in a while! I currently wear the original 9k book with an easton chassis, been wondering if to go for the 11k, now my mind is made up!