Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

I'm taking notes, guys and gals. Let me see about the financial feasibility of all these good ideas, and I will post what I find. I really appreciate all this constructive feedback. It sure beats guessing what you all might want!

Ben,

Any plans for a padded shirt with shoulder caps like this one?

http://inhaler.missionhockey.com/protective-pro-compression-shirt.aspx

I like the idea of a padded shirt for my no-contact leagues, but I'm a bit leery of getting tripped and going shoulder first into the boards and having basically no protection.

Also, +1 on getting the Dvorak curve available on more of your sticks.

Thanks!

Tapered shafts/blades aren't offered as much anymore. When they were essentially the same shafts/blades as those in OPS it made sense to make it available as a two piece. With the new style OPS construction, there is no similarity to benefit from. Most people looking to save money just buy a standard shaft or a cheaper OPS now. And this is coming from someone that used tapered two piece sticks for a long time. Personally, I think it's the best combination of value and performance. Unfortunately, it doesn't make sense financially.

Agreed. I used to be a huge fan of two-piece sticks, but like Chadd said, with the construction of the new one-pieces, two-pieces just don't compare anymore.

Ben- I saw a pair of gloves being offered on pre-order that were nearly identical to the TPS Response R10, right down to where the digital material was. Went to look at them again to pre-order and now they're gone. I was hoping for a source for these gloves as I love my TPS r10 so well. Are they going to pop back up on the site again? Also, is the brown going to be like retro brown (like the good ol' days)? If that brown is retro plain leather brown, I am on those!!!!

Is there a relationships between Tron and Eleven/Summit Olympus? A search for Eleven now goes to Summit Olympus and their store has a lot of Tron stuff in it.

Fury - LE, Evo and Basic we are planning on doing an update to probably in Feb. We have a lot on our plate right now as you might imagine, but we do want a full range of curve patterns on all our sticks, finances permitting.

Bunny- They are back up. My tech guys were working on the website and took them down to work on them, I suppose.

Flip- I never heard of them before today. Their site is really nice though. I wonder which of my wholesale customers this is...

To tell the truth, I have not seen our color options on these yet.

I imagine we will make black, navy and probably red. Maybe white as well. The boss has been known to make some amazing (and fun) color choices on gloves in the past, so you never know!

I know that the prototypes were made from material that was spare at the factory, but I really like the look of both of these prototype gloves, even though they are non-traditional colors.

What do you think?

Edited by HockeytronBen

I like the choices, but am uncertain of the brown. I know I would like it looking more tan-ish (like an ancient pair of WinnWells or Cooper), as I like the throwback look. If i were a goalie, I would want tan/brown pads with a holey blocker top material (like old Cooper stuff). I would concede to the modern protection of a modern mask.

If you did gold (shiny gold), or silver (shiny), I would be on these like flies on a cow patty.

To shift back to the tapered shaft/blade question, the only reason I have moved away from using the tapered combinations is because you can barely find them anymore. That and the fact that Easton has flattened out the Iginla pattern on their replacement tapered blades.

Edited by chippa13

To shift back to the tapered shaft/blade question, the only reason I have moved away from using the tapered combinations is because you can barely find them anymore. That and the fact that Easton has flattened out the Iginla pattern on their replacement tapered blades.

I broke out the R2 XN10 for the game tonight because the blade in my widow is finally dead. Ten years out and they still hold up against anyone in terms of performance.

• Like 2

I broke out the R2 XN10 for the game tonight because the blade in my widow is finally dead. Ten years out and they still hold up against anyone in terms of performance.

I have to tell ya, last night I used my ZITZKA pro stock and the thing was money.. what a stick that is. wish I still had more. I may have gotten it from you...

I've got a ton of Bauer P89 tapered blades that I stocked up on, but would love it if I found a shaft that performed like Louisville XN10 tapered shaft.

I saw the coupon today for the gloves. The site is very vague and I would like to know more about the fit and style. Ben, can you guide me here? For reference, I wear the Bauer Supreme which is a contoured fit and have also worn the Vapor series that is a tapered fit.

Regarding the lack of images and videos on the website, I'm sure that some guys could be interested in doing a review with a hq camera behind a white screen and show the equipment worn and talk you through the product. If this could be worth a discount after the video is posted, (therefore accepted by tron) it could be worth x$ off next order.

I personnaly like the new website and theme, but it's true that it sometimes lack information. Sizing charts for example aren't always there.

S30 Visor- I purchased a pair of them since they were cheap, figure to have one as a back up. I've worn them for 15-20 ice slots coaching & reffing, been fine so far, no fogging no scratches. I mentioned in a previous post they seem to have some random "fish-eyes", they are only noticeable if you look for them, not a problem in use. One problem I did find was helmet fit. I started to use it with a 10 year old Bauer HH4000L. With the visor extended all the way forward, it was too tight to be comfortable. I had less then a finger space between my nose and the visor. At the top, the visor was in contact with the helmet, no real top vent area was left open. It was usable but claustrophobic. I transferred it to a CCM 452, maybe 5 years old and it has plenty of adjustment space. Some may like the tight fit, I certainly had no need to worry about getting a stick under the visor. Maybe the screws for the J hooks are far back on that helmet model not sure.

I have ordered from Tron a few times, just socks, jerseys, and accessories. I live in Canada so I have the items shipped to a US shipping depot and pick them up there. My last order was placed at 1:00 on a Friday and was received in Michigan on Monday. I received an email within the hour to let me know that my order was packed and ready for shipping. Not too shabby.

Now that I know a little history behind Tron and the fact that they have so many Chrises there, i'm far more inclined to order more.

Ordered a couple pairs of inline skates for my kids for Christmas. For some reason the coupon code advertised on their front page at the time (which I entered) was not applied on the receipt email. Tried calling them, and sent numerous emails over a 2 week period but never received a single response. Will certainly be my last order from them.

Question about fit, I was hoping Ben could weigh in. I ordered two DJ100 jerseys and I don't really like the fit, I found the very tight around my arms and elbow pads. I am also tall and needed a XL, but other than the forearms I'm swimming in the thing. Are all your jerseys cut the same?

I also ordered socks, 30". Socks seem nice for the price, but the are very lose on the bottom. Although the 28 might be a little short for me, I'd try them if they are cut thinner. Any chance that's the case?

Thanks.