Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

I know someone previously posted something similar to this with Tron and post office delivering but seems odd. I live in southwest US and have ordered from them 4-5 times with not one issue.

We have an occasional error with our USPS shipping computer. It undercharges us on about 1 of every 200 or so orders. We have no ability to know ahead of time which shipments are going to require additional payment, but we always compensate our customers for their additional payment when they provide us with a receipt.

If you run into this problem, please notify me immediately and I will get you taken care of. We are trying to track down the root of this problem, but, as it seems to undercharge at random, it is a difficult problem to solve. We have been working with the publisher of our shipping software to track down and eliminate this problem, but it does take time. I appreciate your patience as we resolve this problem.

As far as the visors, we recommend warm water, as this seems to clean the vast majority of what soiling the visors encounter.

small package, just a visor, girdle and some tape.. kinda suprised it would even cost 11 total to ship 1 state over.. aside from the shipping mishap, everyone at hockey tron has been pretty good as far as customer service is concerned.. visor fit real easy on my 4500.. if anyone is looking into the tron girdle i would consider going up a size.. but it is a good girdle for the cost...

overall not sure what to think of hockey tron.. i think you get what you pay for, as they say.

anyone have thoughts or ideas on removing the hockey tron logos from the visor?

Chadd is absolutely right, as soon as we get our HECC approval, it will be very clearly stated in the description.

To be fair, there are plenty of applications that do not require HECC certification. This helmet in no way is of lesser quality than any of the other companies, it just does not have it's HECC approval yet.

Very Nice Site Ben! Good Luck with the Brand!

Geshnyc: Thank you for your kind words!

It is true, our relationship with our factories is very warm, with there representatives coming in once a week or once every two weeks to constantly strive for perfection on what they have produced for us.

When they come here they are like family, and we work with them to dream up new products that we hope our customers will love.For example, we are releasing new gloves later this year. They brought us the prototypes, and all our boys (from shipping, the warehouse, team sales and the Tron retail store) came in on their lunch breaks to admire the quality of our factories work.

On a side note, the factory made one of our prototypes out of leftover bright orange leather, with red accents (not a standard color scheme by anyone's estimation) and now all our boys want that scheme. Comedic.

http://www.hockeytron.com/tron-hockey-equipment/tron-hockey-gloves/Tron-T-10-Senior-Hockey-Gloves.html

New glove models Ben alluded to are up on their site. I'm more interested in these though. I'd call it a TPS clone if it didn't actually call out the TPS technologies in the spec info... Hyperloc, Cool-Tech, Response... Who is Tron licensing this stuff from? I've never really understood what happened with Louisville, TPS, and Sherwood and who owned what (brand names vs. technologies). Too bad these are synthetic instead of the cable knit, though.

Either way, it's funny that this line of gloves started out as TPS, became the basis for a line of Sherwood gloves, then Winnwell, and now Tron.

Very interesting stuff!

It is currently in the process of getting prepped for HECC testing. It should have that approval in the near future.

I cannot believe that you're allowing yourself to sell uncertified helmets.

That's great! "Oh sure you can buy our prototype for a very cheap price! But ooh I forgot to tell you, they aren't certified and aren't validated yet to play hockey with..."

hmmm hello this is a brain you're talking about, not an elbow.

Oh well hockey isn't a sport in which you're likely to have a concussion anyway!

http://www.hockeytron.com/tron-hockey-equipment/tron-hockey-gloves/Tron-T-10-Senior-Hockey-Gloves.html

New glove models Ben alluded to are up on their site. I'm more interested in these though. I'd call it a TPS clone if it didn't actually call out the TPS technologies in the spec info... Hyperloc, Cool-Tech, Response... Who is Tron licensing this stuff from? I've never really understood what happened with Louisville, TPS, and Sherwood and who owned what (brand names vs. technologies). Too bad these are synthetic instead of the cable knit, though.

Either way, it's funny that this line of gloves started out as TPS, became the basis for a line of Sherwood gloves, then Winnwell, and now Tron.

Very interesting stuff!

Those don't have the seamless index finger and pinky like the original TPS design. That was one of the best parts of the glove for me.

Those don't have the seamless index finger and pinky like the original TPS design. That was one of the best parts of the glove for me.

Amen brother!!! TPS R8's are the only gloves I can stand to wear!!! The new Sher-woods aren't bad but not quite the same.

The gloves are not made at the same factory as the TPS gloves were. Maybe they don't know how to do it right... :rolleyes:

I'll just go with cheaper and easier to do them this way

Amen brother!!! TPS R8's are the only gloves I can stand to wear!!! The new Sher-woods aren't bad but not quite the same.

The Winwell's I reviewed aren't bad either

I'll just go with cheaper and easier to do them this way

The Winwell's I reviewed aren't bad either

I liked their gloves at summerjam, especially for the price.

I don't see them up on their site anymore. There would be no way to produce gloves of this caliber for a retail price of $60, they just are way too high tech. Monkey must have got a good deal off on stuff TPS couldn't sell. Very common in the industry.

Anyone have any questions about Tron product? I will do my best to answer them for you.

Any other products you might like to see us carrying in the future? We are always open to new ideas!

Edited by HockeytronBen

I like both the Tron sk100 and 200 socks for ice - they're both a great value. I find the DJ100 jerseys lightweight, durable and breathable for roller.

I've been using the Valken V-Pro pants and V-Elite jerseys and am happy to see that Tron is keeping those going with the Tron versions - I picked up the tron versions of both of those and the quality seems very good. I've only used the pants so far and the girdle is sitting in my closet as a backup for when I wear out the Valken version, but the pants are just as good as the original Valkens - they just have the Tron graphics on them.

I use the Tron S30 visor to ref with and am quite happy with it, but technically I shouldn't be using it as I'm supposed to have a CSA certified visor, but its been over a year and no one has said anything. Is there any chance you'll be releasing a CSA certified visor? Something like the Bauer HDO Pro-Clip straight with replacement lenses would be ideal - if I'm forced to get a CSA certified visor that's likely the way I'd go, but the initial visor is more than triple the price of the S30s and even the replacement lenses are almost double the price of the S30. It'd be great to have a more affordable CSA approved Tron option.

Beyond a Tron CSA certified visor I'd also like to see Tron carry:

BNQ certified Kevlar neck guards like the EQ5 or shirts with built in Kevlar neck guards like the Bauer premium shirts with the grip on the arms (what I currently use). BNQ certified neck guards are required for referees in Canada and for all youth hockey players and the Kevlar neck guards are much more comfortable than the traditional padded neck guards. I'm not sure what the requirements are for USA hockey, but I imagine minor hockey players would have to use them.

More dual pour sport court wheels designed for 200lb plus players (selfishly 76mm wheels in particular). 78a Rink Rat Hot Shots or Revision Steel Wheels in 76mm are items I'd like to see - a 78a Tron wheel that's similar to either of those would of course also be of interest. I picked up a couple of the World Cup wheels for my back wheels on clearance (they're designed for outdoor use, but I chew through back wheels like crazy and wanted something harder for durability. They've worked well so far in combination with 78a Hot Shots), but they were the last few 76mm wheels and all the Hornet and Hot Shot wheels in my size and durometer are sold out.. I've heard good things about the Tron indoor wheels and picked up a set for a friend on my last order, but he's about 160lbs so 74a will work for him, but that's far too soft for a player north of 200lbs. I also don't know if I could go back to single pour wheels on sport court after using dual pour wheels for several years (still use single pour on cement, but they're much harder wheels).

Edited by althoma1

BNQ certification is little reward for the big dollars it requires. Unless Tron can ship directly into Canada and have those items stocked in Canada to sell at "mow your lawn" pricing, it won't be worth it for them.

Fair enough. I still think it'd be good if they carried the existing Kevlar shirts and/or neck guards from other manufacturers as they are certainly more comfortable than the traditional padded ones.

The CSA certification may not be cost effective for the visors either, but if it is it'd certainly be welcome. I like the S30 already, but having something certified would be ideal.

Edited by althoma1

If I may weigh in on the helmet issue, I think it would be good to get a certification on a helmet to show that they are up to par with the testing. Once they show they can do that, they will have my trust that they use the right types of plastics, foams, and engineering to meet the specifications.

The other side of the coin is that a lot of guys use helmets WELL over their certified dates. Mine expires this year. As long as the construction is sound, there shouldnt be a huge issue.

As for the products we would like to see, +1 for the premium wheels in different softness levels. Also, I'd like to see the low end of the Tron stick line settled out. I have a Legacy and love it (outside of the curve inconsistency). It seems that its in a state of flux. The legacy is on clearout due to the factory error and the Evolution and Basic lines dont have great choices available.

To be honest, the biggest thing I want from Tron is more pictures, videos, and review capabilites on the site. You get 1-2 pictures for the products. Take a page from IW hockey and get into the YouTube game. Its easy and cheap to produce medium to high quality videos highlighting the products and the general fit.

To be honest, the biggest thing I want from Tron is more pictures, videos, and review capabilites on the site. You get 1-2 pictures for the products. Take a page from IW hockey and get into the YouTube game. Its easy and cheap to produce medium to high quality videos highlighting the products and the general fit.

Yes, product videos and more pictures would definitely be a great improvement.

one of the bigger things that scares me from trying tron product is that, lack of info or insight into the products other than basic key words. Pictures are often really bad at showing what a product is about, how spongy is that sternum protection, etc.