Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedlite44

06 mission line

Not sure when the site will be updated....And, 10000 will be the highest end Gloves, pants, and girdles....With something new coming in the world of Girdles....

....With something new coming in the world of Girdles....

O.k., by now we have slowly managed to tease almost the whole of the '06 line-up out of you. Can you let the cat out of the girdle too?

Justin - Everything looks great. Cheers to Mission to making some really great changes. Can't wait to get some money in the bank and get out and get myself some 9500's or 10000's.

One opinion. Is it me, or is Roller Hockey stuff really going "Urban"? I understand Roller Hockey started as a game from the street, schoolyards, open rinks, etc. But it has become it's own identity. They are even gonna add it to the Olympics in '12 I think. But it just seems to me that roller hockey gear is just very "street" oriented still. Products like "Phat Tape" with "Explosive" and Chinese letters, written on it just kinda seem gaudy to me. Some of the new colors on skates, wheels, etc. are kinds out there too. And now Mission with the spray paint-graffiti on the roller pants is just getting too much. None of that stuff is on ice stuff. You don't see pro's with "Caution: Crime Scene" tape holding their shinguards up. Ice skates don't have flashes of lime-green like the new Tour boot. It's the standard black, white, occassionaly some other colors like Grafs charcoal color.

I guess this is the indentity that roller hockey is making for itself, a game started from the streets, and trying to be cool and stuff. But I'd just like to see things a little more on the level with ice stuff I guess. Maybe I'm just getting old too haha.

My influences are definitely not the street..I live in the typical suburbs....White picket fence and all...See Surfwear, Motorcross, action sports...Nothing Urban here....

They are even gonna add it to the Olympics in '12 I think.

It would have been "Roller Sports" and included roller versions of figure skating in addition to inline hockey and it failed to pass the vote for inclusion.

My influences are definitely not the street..I live in the typical suburbs....White picket fence and all...See Surfwear, Motorcross, action sports...Nothing Urban here....

LOL you need to hire a thuuuuuuuuuuuug with some street cred. Hey, I'm not living too far from the ghetto.

Im pissed Ill never have the chance to play Olympic roller hockey cause the next possible year will be 2016, ill be too old. It should be though because by the looks of it a lot of the european countries have been playing great and beating all the old powerhouses like canada and the usa.

Justin - Everything looks great. Cheers to Mission to making some really great changes. Can't wait to get some money in the bank and get out and get myself some 9500's or 10000's.

One opinion. Is it me, or is Roller Hockey stuff really going "Urban"? I understand Roller Hockey started as a game from the street, schoolyards, open rinks, etc. But it has become it's own identity. They are even gonna add it to the Olympics in '12 I think. But it just seems to me that roller hockey gear is just very "street" oriented still. Products like "Phat Tape" with "Explosive" and Chinese letters, written on it just kinda seem gaudy to me. Some of the new colors on skates, wheels, etc. are kinds out there too. And now Mission with the spray paint-graffiti on the roller pants is just getting too much. None of that stuff is on ice stuff. You don't see pro's with "Caution: Crime Scene" tape holding their shinguards up. Ice skates don't have flashes of lime-green like the new Tour boot. It's the standard black, white, occassionaly some other colors like Grafs charcoal color.

I guess this is the indentity that roller hockey is making for itself, a game started from the streets, and trying to be cool and stuff. But I'd just like to see things a little more on the level with ice stuff I guess. Maybe I'm just getting old too haha.

Phat Tape isn't a "roller hockey only" tape. Any hockey player who likes it will buy it, whether for ice or roller. And as for lime green, do you think that only roller hockey players are buying those ugly new Synergy ST Grip sticks? Some years the Mission roller line-up is very toned-down (i.e., 2003 and 2004) and some years it's more in-your-face. I think Mission has always had good taste in the looks of their stuff (I mean the Hex-1 is a beauty whether you play ice or roller) and I never thought of their equipment as "urban", but maybe I'm just too young (34!).

Phat Tape isn't a "roller hockey only" tape. Any hockey player who likes it will buy it, whether for ice or roller. And as for lime green, do you think that only roller hockey players are buying those ugly new Synergy ST Grip sticks? Some years the Mission roller line-up is very toned-down (i.e., 2003 and 2004) and some years it's more in-your-face. I think Mission has always had good taste in the looks of their stuff (I mean the Hex-1 is a beauty whether you play ice or roller) and I never thought of their equipment as "urban", but maybe I'm just too young (34!).

True Cheechoo. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What looks good to someone will look bad to another. I dont mind wild color schemes and something that is diffrent. People will buy it if they like it and if it "Performs"

Tomas

All good points. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and of course anyone can buy whatever they want.

It's just that I have yet to see anyone in ice, be it pros, college, or house league, with gaudy yellow tape and hot pink blade holders. Sticks are sticks, they crossover so Im not really looking at that persay. But yet, you look at the average roller game, and people are wearing really flashy pants, with flashy colored tapes, and hot-pink special addition Formula G wheels. Now I know not everyone wears that stuff, but seriously, have you seen hot pink holders on ice skates? Cuz Ive seen them on wheels for roller blades.

That's what I'm talking about. It just seems roller guys are more open to testing the waters of crazy color schemes, and manufacturers make them more often than not for the roller hockey market. I think anything funky like that would fail in ice markets.

I'm just a conservative guy I guess. I like the ice hockey style, I like things simple. But, there are certainly plenty of choices and I can indeed pick some nice and conservative things for roller.

And yes, it is sad we didn't get into the '12 olympics. I really thought it was gonna be the year. The game has really exploded worldwide, ya know?! I guess we gotta wait till '16.

... but seriously, have you seen hot pink holders on ice skates?....

Cue response from Vapor in 3..2..1..

#94, you are right. Something IMO that manufacturers should do a white model for each company.(like one easton, one graf, one CCM, etc)

I think white skates would sell really well for the ice hockey market. When the Great white got out like 2-3 years ago, everyone OR SO wanted those or similar.

Does anyone konw when this gear will be available in stores as im buying some new pants soon or i might just wait till these new ones come out.

#94, you are right. Something IMO that manufacturers should do a white model for each company.(like one easton, one graf, one CCM, etc)

I think white skates would sell really well for the ice hockey market. When the Great white got out like 2-3 years ago, everyone OR SO wanted those or similar.

What I'd like to see is manufacturers keep a classic model of one of their most popular skates. For example, CCM 655's or Mission Proto VSIs…etc. I know CCM released a classic 655 a few years ago and I wish they'd release it again, but I think there would be a big market for that.

That's what I'm talking about. It just seems roller guys are more open to testing the waters of crazy color schemes, and manufacturers make them more often than not for the roller hockey market. I think anything funky like that would fail in ice markets.

What about Eastons Pink 06 gloves? :lol:

just played roller tourney where the mission guys had hot pink mission sticks m-1s i think they were.???

Probably the same stick as the one mission is giving away for their contest this month.

hi .justin?

today, i heard interested news.

is it true? skate factory located in taiwan(china).

that factory produce ccm middle model skate and mission skate.

and..

every year mission company cut down boots production cost.

I found this at the NARCH site, here's another color scheme for the gloves. Thus far, there is black/red/white and black/charcoal/white.

skills05_mission.jpg