Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons5419

Nfl draft

Who is the best player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BTW, the Eagles getting Matt Ware at the end of the 3rd is an absolute steal. As is the next pick with Atlanta getting Matt Schaub.

My Bills got Losman from Wisconsin who is a very small reciever at 5'10. I don't know of any good recievers that small besides Dante Hall. Heard that hes fast but think Buffalo should have picked up Will Smith.

Also we traded w/the Raiders and picked up a pretty good QB from LSU, from what ive heard hes not bad and he did beat my Sooners in the championship. Any news about these guys let me know.

Losman is a QB from Tulane, they got the draft pick from Dallas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04...r/team?team=buf

My bad. Tulane, not LSU. I think that Losman or even Schaub could be as good or better than Rivers. And who knows how could big Ben will be.

Guest 2048

This is something that's bothered me for a while. Why does the first round of the draft take so damn long?

Also, what's the ratio of picks who make to picks who don't? Is it a crapshoot like the NHL or is it a pretty sure bet that first rounders will play?

The NFL has the NCAA to help weed out the bad players but mistakes are made all of the time. The NFL is drafting players 3-4 years later than the NHL so they have a better idea how the player will perform.

Because of the amount that they pay 1st round picks, it's a good bet that they'll get a chance at a starting position within their first two years in the league. Most 1st rounders do get a decent amount of playing time, but there are plenty of busts who barely lasted a full season.

The first round takes so long because of the amount of trades that are made and how important the first round is (a lot because of the talent that's available in the 1st round and a lot because of the salaries a 1st rounder commands, so teams have to be sure).

How do the Eagles take another OL when there are still some pretty good WRs on the board. We need LB and RB depth as well. Yuck.