Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons5419

Nfl draft

Who is the best player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Manning has asked the Chargers to not draft him. This is interesting.

I saw that on Sportscenter last night too. Any chance the Chargers would draft him anyway?

Anyone interested in the draft Gil Brandt has got a great article up answering alot of questions surrounding the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7275261

Also the Supreme Court rejected Clarett's wish to be eligible for draft both Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Justice John Paul Stevens rejected his appeal.

Well if you hadn't known already, The Chargers selected Eli Manning first overall and the Raiders took Robert Gallery.

I really think without much doubt that Manning will be traded and Oakland got an excellent player with Gallery. Although I think alot of people would have thought that the Raiders would draft a QB. Nevertheless they got a great player that will help their team.

I ddn't think it was that classy of him to hold up the jersey. The look on his face sold his emotions. You could tell he didn't want to be in that situation, and the fact he didn't put on the hat seemed like a statement to me, but like I said I wouldn't doubt he gets traded.

Great, the first classy thing that he's done all week. And he even gave a half-assed smile. He should be happy to be drafted at all. If he's a good player, then of course he's going to go to a bad team.

Yeah, I meant they were saying that it was this classy act that he was doing but in reality he had to. He didn't have a choice. He would have been booed out of the country by the guys at Madison Square Garden and San Diego.

Edit: Cardinals take Fitzgerald. Which was to be expected.

The Chargers could've traded out of the top 10 and still gotten Rivers. It's going to be a bad trade if they decide to go that way.

G-Men take Rivers so I'm thinking there's going to be a trade.

Definitely. Everything I had read and heard pointed to the Giants picking Roethlisberger. So as they are saying on ESPN there is probably going to be a trade, but like they said, if they wanted Rivers so much, why didn't they just draft him?

EDIT: I just wish Rivers would have stayed on the board longer so he could have went to the Packers :) Probably wouldn't have happened though. I also hear the deal with Couch is like 98% complete.

Whoops. Over the shouting I couldn't hear it.

EDIT: They traded there 1st pick for next year? Wow. That is a good trade for the Chargers.

Still get the 3rd rounder this year. It'll be a good trade for the Chargers, especially if Eli starts this year. If that happens, they'll most likely get a top 15 pick next year. It's a good building block for a struggling franchise. It'll be interesting to see what they do with their next 3 picks.

Here comes a good trade for the Lions, they'll move down a spot and probably draft the guy they wanted anyway... Roy Williams. The Browns will get a player they covet and were willing to trade up with the Giants to get.... Winslow.

yah im happy they got eli but because im from NC (representing) i wouldve liked rivers to stay with teh G-men. Its all good tho. G-men all the way in'04 baby (if they can spiff up their O line)

also think of it this way: if the giants hae a sucessfull year and make the playoffs, itll work out for the giants as well because then san diego will be stuck with a 20-30 pick

I think the Giants have a good team, but don't think this trade makes them better next year. They need O-line help (they didn't have any depth last year, not that it would've helped since almost their whole line was hurt) and they play in one of the toughest divisions in football. They'll have a hard time finishing second in the division.

The Falcons either pick Harris or Hall with this pick. I think I've read they have Harris ranked higher than Udeze. Personally, I like Udeze a little more.

guess u got a point there, but if manning can get his wheels turning in NY, we could possibly trade somepeople (collins) and get some o. either way, yah manning is gonna be hurtin by the end of the season, unless Coughlin has cooked something up we dont know about :)