Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons5419

Nfl draft

Who is the best player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Back on the Manning thing. The Chargers said publicly they liked Rivers more than Manning. Then when they came to negotiate with Manning his agent said they didn't want to go there. The Chargers went to Tagliabue and complained. Tags called Archie Manning and asked him to get involved. They then told the Chargers if they like Rivers that they should just draft him. After all of that the Chargers went public. The Mannings kept everything private and you have to respect that, not playing games in public.

Yeah, but the Chargers were just playing a card they had to play. It gave them more outs. If they kept everything quiet, then you have the Giants knowing that Eli doesn't want to play for them and the Chargers are more forced to make a trade that they don't necessarily want to make. The Giants figured they'd break down and make the trade before the draft. By the Chargers taking Eli, it really made the Giants sack up and put a good package together.

Personally, I don't think Eli throws a good enough ball for the pro level. His passes flutter a lot and with the speed in the NFL, he'll get some picked off.

I still think, given a year or two, Losman will be as good as any of the QBs. Lions may score every time they get the ball this year. Giants are screwed because they need to improve their line.

Well I left to go play some hockey, and missed the 10-15 picks. No biggie but alot of the big name guys went. Roethlisberger went to Pittsburgh. Really a solid move for them. They have needed a good QB. Vilma went to the Jets. Another solid move to make their young defense better. Finally Evans went to Buffalo. This will give Bledsoe a solid replacement for Peerless Price.

EDIT: in my opinion the Easles don't need a RB. Drafting S. Andrews adds so much to their team. Donnovan now has more protection from a giant, this means more time to go downfield to Owens. Plus the running game will be better. Seems like a great pick to me.

Hopefully the Packers pick up a DE because they need the help there. At this point from the Packers standpoint of going after Couch is much more valuable than Losman.

Well the Pats took Wilfolk who is again in my opinion the best guy they could have taken. They needed someone to take the place of Ted Washington. Without a doubt the Cowboys will now draft Jackson. I can't wait to draft him for my fantasy team :)

On anther note, I love split screen. I am watching all the draft coverage and the Wings/Flames game :D

Wow. I can't beleive that. They must have gotten one hell of an offer, or Parcells is losing his mind.

EDIT: The Bills picked up Losman.

EDIT2: The Cowboys get another second round pick, a fifth round pick, and a first round pick for next year. Still not sure if it was the right thing to do. S. Jackson would have been a great addition to their roster.

Mike Martz is an idiot. The Rams don't need Jackson. He's taking one of the best all-time teams and turning it into crap.

I can't believe Perry went before Kevin Jones. Jones is the best back in this draft, I guess the injuries are hurting him. The Cowboys might have made a smart move, they can get someone like Greg Jones or Tatum Bell in the 2nd.

I like the Eagles pick, but I'm not sure it makes sense if they don't trade Tra Thomas, Jon Runyan, or Welbourn. They just re-signed Artis Hicks, so now they have 2 extra linemen who are really good. I realize they just lost Bobbie Williams, but they could've replaced him with a guy like Smiley or Snee in the 2nd round. They need to make another trade or they'll be wasting a strong spot on the team already. Unless they're planning on next getting a guy back next year, then it doesn't make sense. I believe Runyan is signed for two more years and Thomas for a few more also. Just seems like they're drafting for two years down the road. Not a bad thing, but there was so much talent at that #16 pick, I'm surprised they didn't go a different direction there. I'd love to see them make a move for Kevin Jones right now. They'll definitely need another RB next year.

The Broncos got Tatum Bell, their draft looks pretty good so far. It's a deep WR draft, so I could see them taking a WR and safety in rounds 3 and 4.

Rumor is Jones is a head case and he fumbles.

He's the best athlete among the RBs (although Tatum Bell is pretty close). The big knock on him is that he doesn't run low enough. He should be fine in the pros and the Lions have a ton of speed on offense right now. Should be fun to watch. Maybe they'll take an OL in the next two rounds.

Geez, the Raiders got Jake Grove. He should've been a late first rounder easy. They're starting off their future team on the right foot with two great OL.

I'm thinking if the Titans didn't steal Troupe at 40 then the Broncos would have picked him up. I thought maybe they'd go for Jackson but the Broncos are looking strong.

I could've seen them taking Troupe at 40 and then Greg Jones at 44 if he was still there (which he very well could be unless someone trades up there, although Chicago or Baltimore could be looking RB). That would've been ideal, but I think that Bell fits better into their offense than Jones does.

I heard he's got a fumbling problem as well but other than that he's looking like a champ. Are there any decent project QBs out there? They're going to need one in the long run and never pick one up in the draft. Of course I also thought they should have taken Simms last year and John Walsh way back in the day.

They could very well take Matt Schaub with their next pick. He could easily be the best QB in this draft if he goes to the right situation (which Denver would definitely be favorable).

My Bills got Losman from Wisconsin who is a very small reciever at 5'10. I don't know of any good recievers that small besides Dante Hall. Heard that hes fast but think Buffalo should have picked up Will Smith.

Also we traded w/the Raiders and picked up a pretty good QB from LSU, from what ive heard hes not bad and he did beat my Sooners in the championship. Any news about these guys let me know.

Losman is the QB from LSU. Lee Evans is the WR from Wisconsin. And it doesn't matter how big he is, Evans is a player. If it wasn't for injuries in college, he might have been the first WR taken.