Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons5419

Nfl draft

Who is the best player?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's Phillip Rivers. I thought he'd be a steal for some team, but now it looks like he'll get picked in the middle of the 1st.

And I agree about Vilma, he'll be a stud (even though he's undersized). And I with the Eagles could somehow get their hands on him.

As far as Couch and the Packers are concerned, I think they'd be more than fortunate if they got him for a 3rd or 4th round pick (and maybe less if the Browns just release him). He was behind some terrible lines during his whole career. I was actually a little worried the Cowboys were gonna get him. He'd do really well in that system. He's a winner, but just hasn't had the opportunity to win. I guess no one realizes that he was a key part of a Browns playoff team that had a terrible line in front of him. Even if he doesn't have the best stats, he knows how to win. Packer fans should appreciate that type of player.

Ok, I suppose I didn't look into it enough. My main concern, as a Packer fan, is getting a backup for Favre that when the time comes will fill his shoes. I have heard from multiple sources that Rivers would be the guy the Pack goes for. If they get Couch I'm not sure who they would go and get. Hopefully a decent receiver to add some more depth to the awful core that we have now.

I also heard that Mckenzie (sp) is wanting a trade out. The administration has denied it so far but trade him for a high pick would be in my opinion a good route to go, if in deed he wants out.

I cant belive Im on a board with Packers and Eagles. Being from Tampa Im a Buc's fan of course. I think the Bucs should draft Steven Jackson at 15 if he is still there, if not then I've heard they may take Vilma, he fits the mold of the undersized LB that they have here(LBs have to be able to drop back in pass protection in the cover 2). Could u imagine Vilma with Brooks!!!

Eagles is the name of my hockey team. I am a Giants fan. The Giants don't need a new qb at the moment. If they draft one in the third round Collins would not feel like they are replacing him. He can work with the new qb to the point where they will be able to use him because Collins is getting older and Palmer is not going to be the answer.

I think Manning and Fitzgerald will go 1-2 if Fitzgerald will be able to enter the draft.

No problems with Fitz, he did a year at prep school and is eligible.

I highly doubt the Chargers would give up their 1st overall to get Collins. If they were smart, they'd make a deal with Cleveland to also get a 1st next year and Northcutt. That way they could get a stud defensive lineman, get a pretty good OL in the 2nd round, and have 2 first rounders next year. The Browns, like everyone else, covet Gallery. And they are a team who would benefit the most by getting him.

Manning is the best QB coming into the draft. He's the total package, plus he's got a family history too. Larry Fitz and Roy Williams are the top 2 receivers. I could see either of them going 2 or 3.

I don't think so either, but he had a great workout and some teams have said they have him ranked higher than Fitz. Of course, I wouldn't believe anything an NFL team says this time of year.

I'm going with the guys I'd been pushing since they were freshmen, Williams and Rivers. I was kind of hoping Rivers would have slipped into Bronco range.

I want the Packers to get Lee Evans. He's a very underrated WR IMO. I'd put him right up there with Fitzgerald. I've heard a lot about the Pack getting Evans to, so it may even happen. That would be wonderful.

Hopefully a decent receiver to add some more depth to the awful core that we have now.

Awful core of recievers? Are you insane? It's better than most teams in the league with Driver, Walker, and Ferguson. But I do agree with you another one wouldn't be a bad choice. Like I previously said, Evans would be a great pickup for them.

Driver looked horrible last year, Walker isn't consistent, and Ferguson is a better blocker than a receiver. I don't think Green Bay has what it takes to get back to the superbowl and just keep getting average players in the draft each year. Although I did like their top two picks last year in Barnett and Peterson. I didn't hear much of Peterson, but I think Barnett had a decent year.

Driver looked horrible last year, Walker isn't consistent, and Ferguson is a better blocker than a receiver. I don't think Green Bay has what it takes to get back to the superbowl and just keep getting average players in the draft each year. Although I did like their top two picks last year in Barnett and Peterson. I didn't hear much of Peterson, but I think Barnett had a decent year.

Yea Barnett had a great year. Also, I agree with you about Driver last year, but that's because of injuries. Walker and Ferguson were outstanding last year, and I believe they will do the same thing this year.

Ferguson was sub-par at best, and while I will agree Walker had a great year it was only because of his preformance in the second half of the season. The first half of the season he was nothing special. Even then it was only a great season for him. Compared to other receivers it wasn't too hot.

Driver was afwul, a complete bust, and it wasn't just because of injuries. He had games where injuries weren't bothering him and he was just dropping passes left and right.

The Packers really absolutely have to get a QB. A wide receiver is a far second on the list of priorities even then they really could use another defensive end to compliment KGB. If they picked up Philip Rivers and then second round got picked up a WR or DE I would be a happy camper. I also think they could really force the issue that McKenzie (I really should look up how to spell that) wants out. They could turn that into a solid trade for a wideout.

I know, it's actually very likely that he will go before that. I would say in 50% of the mock drafts I have looked at have Rivers going to Green Bay. So it's up in the air right now.

I think Gallery is the best player in the draft. But the Chargers have no good receivers. It could go either way. Maybe they should trade with the browns for their 1st, Couch, Northcutt, and a pick next year. The Chargers can still draft a good OL in the 2nd and address their defense in the first while getting a WR and QB which they need both of. The Browns really want Gallery and could make a play for that pick. I just don't know if the Chargers want to drop that far down.