Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheechoo

Endorsement deals/masked equipment

That was a different situation. It was in Switzerland. Different rules, and I think it had to do with something with the equipment supplier of the team, not that Heatley was with CCM. Someone on here explained it.

On a similar note, I have a question about Bertuzzi's gloves he had a while back.

tb121001-2.jpg

His gloves do say Easton but it looks more like a pair of Eagles if you ask me. I'm pretty sure those are Eagles because I've seen other pictures of him wearing those gloves and an Eagle logo is present on the thumb. So does anyone know why Bertuzzi used Eagle gloves with Easton stamped on them?

How do you know those are definitely Eagles?

I am pretty sure those are PLD 4000s with an extended wrist flap. Easton has a custom plant. Look at Heatley and Frolov's HGTs - same thing.

Just because the color scheme looks like Eagle's doesn't mean they are.

That was a different situation. It was in Switzerland. Different rules, and I think it had to do with something with the equipment supplier of the team, not that Heatley was with CCM. Someone on here explained it.

The only thing I can think of was the Sundin Nikes, rumour around here was that they were Grafs with a Nike Swish. More so interested in whether that rumour was "true" or not, than "proving you wrong". I can definately see how it would violate some copying laws. I think Bertuzzi's "Eagles" may be made by Easton, to the exact specs of an Eagle Glove. Not just a reprint on the nameplate.

What a lot of goalies do who like a brand is they'll get a similar fitting pad with the face of the company they are with. Just look at Brodeur, he's using pads that are pretty much copies of his old DRs from juniors, but he's changed them to go with CCM/Heaton's graphic du jour since he's been with them.

Yup, just like after the "new hot" pad comes out, you tend to find them pro return not long after. And often times the pro return is pretty much from the face back a replica of an older pad.

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
No, but equipment managers can change clarino on the face and adjust logo's, etc. Been done many times. If you visit the goaliestore.com board, I'm sure you can you can get all info on who/when what.

I am not going to go look for it. You made a statement and I said show me one.

I have yet to see one and I am still waiting. Happy hunting! :blink:

The gloves Bertuzzi has on in that picture look to have angled backrolls...

Don't the Eagles that he wears now have angled backrolls? The gloves in the pic look exactly like the ones he wears now...

That reminds me of my friend. He has to get new pads because he got drafted this year (WHL) and can't use his custom beasts in the Dub. He has all kinds of modifications on them, but he can't use them so he's selling 'em. Supposedly he's going to get another custom pair of Beasts, but put Velo logo's on them, but that is just what's floating around..

Seriously guy, what is your buddy going to do...pull out a sharpie and color over the Brian's graphics and write in VAUGHN, or Velocity?

Come on now. Get real. It doesn't even take common sense to figure this one out.

No, but equipment managers can change clarino on the face and adjust logo's, etc. Been done many times. If you visit the goaliestore.com board, I'm sure you can you can get all info on who/when what.

I have NEVER seen a set of goal pads that are distinctly one brand and has logos from another. And that's illegal, too. You're telling me that Koho would allow a goalie to take a pair of 590s and put Vaughn's logo on it? Highly unlikely. Prove me wrong.

I can think of NJ devil chris terrarri, had a set of white vaughns one season, next season had the exact same pad with "Mattingly" on it. You could clearly see where the white clarino under the name was replaced with fresh white clarino, the rest of the pad was the same old vaughn. Mattingly was the equipment manager for the devils.

Um...so he loved his equipment manager?

Keep in mind that all of the cases that you guys are bringing up are pretty damn old. Not as much exposure, not as much product. Plus you're talking about an era in which guys would wear their pads for years and logos would fade anyway. The licensing fee was probably much much less back then too.

As far as Draper, I knew about that one. Long story...

I know of ONE case that it was done. I won't mention it to protect the parties involved.

If that is illegal how come when players wear skates of one brand with another brand's logo's is not?

Explain...

Well I know you're looking for modern examples, so I won't bother with the example I have right now. There's another example I have but I can't remember it right now. I've also been told that when many pro's are testing new products but are sponsored by one brand, they do just that, change the product to look like a different one. And even with sticks, in the AJHL (Jr. A) players are forced to use Sher-Wood, but often spraypaint Easton's to look like Sher-Woods.

That reminds me of my friend. He has to get new pads because he got drafted this year (WHL) and can't use his custom beasts in the Dub. He has all kinds of modifications on them, but he can't use them so he's selling 'em. Supposedly he's going to get another custom pair of Beasts, but put Velo logo's on them, but that is just what's floating around..

Seriously guy, what is your buddy going to do...pull out a sharpie and color over the Brian's graphics and write in VAUGHN, or Velocity?

Come on now. Get real. It doesn't even take common sense to figure this one out.

Could you imagine if someone actually did that? For example, if someone was endorsing a company like Mission and they were using a blacked-out Easton shaft and just had the words 'Mission' scribbled on it? Tha would be really sad if that happened. *wink*

i could easily take a synergy and spraypaint it metallic blue then have my uncle print out the vinyl decals for a ccm vector,its not very hard to change a product to make it look like something else

Could you imagine if someone actually did that? For example, if someone was endorsing a company like Mission and they were using a blacked-out Easton shaft and just had the words 'Mission' scribbled on it? Tha would be really sad if that happened. *wink*

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/se...0%7c0&p=2&tag=1

Good call. I was waiting for somebody to mention that.

Look at image 52388546. His M2 looks like it tapers just like a bubble. Not the picture i was hoping for though, where it looks like somebody wrote mission on his stick with a white marker(the stick iceman is refering to)

How about Naslund using a Vic woody spraypainted as a Nike?

Guest Marcelo Cordoba

I believe these are two different situations. What Hullie did is just Hullie, and you really have to know him to appreciate him.

The example given was that his friend was going to "get another custom pair of Beasts, but put Velo logo's on them."

Doing that with goal equipment is a lot different than getting spray paint and painting a shaft, then writing the brand on it.

You guys continue to crack me up. In a way, I wish you really knew what you were talking about, but, reading your stupid comments is just much better. Keep 'em coming!

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
i could easily take a synergy and spraypaint it metallic blue then have my uncle print out the vinyl decals for a ccm vector,its not very hard to change a product to make it look like something else

Pro players get 24-36 sticks at a time. Do you honestly think that they are going to take the time to do this? NO!

Furthermore, you can bet your sweet a** that company "A", whose product is being graphically altered would stop making product for that player ASAP!

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
How about Naslund using a Vic woody spraypainted as a Nike?

Again, what is being talked about here is on sticks, which are easy to do. In Naslund's case, NIKE screened sticks for him to make them look like OPS. Do you know that it is a Vic for certain? As in 100% sure? NO.

NIKE also did that when they had Sundin back in '98/'99. He was using a NIKE made wood stick, screened to look like a NIKE shaft with blade.

I believe these are two different situations.  What Hullie did is just Hullie, and you really have to know him to appreciate him. 

The example given was that his friend was going to "get another custom pair of Beasts, but put Velo logo's on them." 

Doing that with goal equipment is a lot different than getting spray paint and painting a shaft, then writing the brand on it. 

You guys continue to crack me up.  In a way, I wish you really knew what you were talking about, but, reading your stupid comments is just much better.  Keep 'em coming!

Sorry if we dont know your buddy Hullie. Me not knowing Brett Hull has nothing to do with the fact that he altered an easton stick to make it look like a mission. Just because yopu say "Hullie is Hullie" doesnt make it an illegitimate example of somebody altering a stick.

If you ask me acting condescending on a message board with a friendly atmosphere that primarily consists of kids under the age of 17 is pretty stupid.