Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockechamp14

BU helmet paws

This season, the players on BU started putting paws on thier helmets as like "awards" I guess, the same way ohio state does for football. Can anyone tell me what they would get stickers for?

All the college football teams do it, I think its reward for playing well or making a nice play.

This season, the players on BU started putting paws on thier helmets as like "awards" I guess, the same way ohio state does for football. Can anyone tell me what they would get stickers for?

Rewards for good things they do in games and practices and the like.

I know that.... :P but is there anything specific, like a powerplay goal, or is it at the coaches descresion?

I know that.... :P but is there anything specific, like a powerplay goal, or is it at the coaches descresion?

If it was for powerplay goals, not too many kids on BU would have them :P

Coaches decision, almost definitely.

Not stepping on the ice with soakers still on: 2 paws.

Holding the stick by the butt end: 1 paw, having the curve the proper way, 1 assitional paw.

Skates on the right feet: 1 paw.

Not getting lost between the locker room and the ice: 1 paw.

Holding the stick by the butt end: 1 paw, having the curve the proper way, 1 assitional paw.

Not going to UNH, 5 paws.

heh...not going to BC, 10 paws.

heh...not going to BC, 10 paws.

Not going to Maine, minus 15 paws..

But seriously, when I played high school football we got them for wins, big offensive or defensive plays X# of tackles and the such. I'm sure it works the same way. Wins, points, being on the plus side, ect..

I just talked to a player from this year's team. They were awarded for defensive plays; blocked shots, short-handed goals, short-handed assists, and one per game for : hit of the game.

The BU player who gave me the info made the team his freshman year as a walk-on!! He wasn't the coach's favorite but knew how to play the game. Sometimes all you need to do is combine desire and talent with a small break to help you and you can reach alot further than you expected.

Pattrick Percella who didn't play a whole lot this year on BU went to my school. He too was a walk on this year. Apparently when he "walked-on" they already knew who he was and had his gear ready for him. :lol:

i know him too...its called a recruited walk on, cus i talked to him about it when i was there for my visit.. he transfered to bentley

so is he going to sit out a year of hockey while going to school? or will he go play junior for a year?