Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Retail employee question

Standard to Tapered blade sales  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is for retail employees only. Please add what area of your country you are from, and lets keep store names out of it for now.

Thanks

We sell standard blades probably 6 to 1 over tapered blades. I think the Synthesis tapered shafts are dead in the market, IMHO. I keep a few tapered blades but the more I think about it, the less we probably sell. Change it to 10 to 1. I also think the shaft market is bottoming out as well. I have dropped prices to clean out old stock on all my shafts. My shop is in northern New Jersey, right outside NYC.

seems like when it comes to NEW sticks, tapered has a slight edge. we stock a lot of the available tapered shafts/blades and when people are looking for a new stick thats what they go for. standard evens it out due to the people who have shafts already from a few years ago, and just need the replacement for that shaft. im sure it varries back and fourth, but its probably ROUGHLY the same.

store is in Apple Valley, MN. (about 10 mins south of St. Paul)

Honestly we sell mostly tapered blades, it's hard to keep them in stock, always plenty of standards. Shop is in Indianapolis, IN.

We over in Detroit sell more tapered than standard it seems - most people have OPS and my store got real heavy into the Synthesis, so those who do have a shaft and blade combos are going tapered.

I work with DarkStar, and I think that assessment is accurate.

Thanks defence18!!

Tapered shafts and blades are not a big item here. I am amazed to hear they sell so well elsewhere!

seems like when it comes to NEW sticks, tapered has a slight edge. we stock a lot of the available tapered shafts/blades and when people are looking for a new stick thats what they go for. standard evens it out due to the people who have shafts already from a few years ago, and just need the replacement for that shaft. im sure it varries back and fourth, but its probably ROUGHLY the same.

store is in Apple Valley, MN. (about 10 mins south of St. Paul)

We sell far more tapered when it comes to new shafts but we also don't stock too many standard models. We still sell more standard blades 3-2 or 2-1 over tapered.

i know we sell 6-1 standard over tapered. the only tapered blades we sell are for broken synergies or for customers who do purchase a tapered shaft. our shops in thornhill and toronto. i think standard is abit better because it is abit easier to find different models i.e a koho crossover is not available atleast to my knowldge in a tapered blade.

We over in Detroit sell more tapered than standard it seems - most people have OPS and my store got real heavy into the Synthesis, so those who do have a shaft and blade combos are going tapered.

That's funny, I work for the same company as JR but in a different store, and I still sell more standard than tapered blades. Tapered blade sales are growing, now that more people (and more shop guys) are aware that you can cut a broken OPS and put a tapered blade in it, and now that there are more offerings in tapered blades... but still, more standard than tapered.

Shaft sales aren't even close, Synthesis shafts barely move these days.

Yeah but my client base is richer than yours! :P

dont be so sure about that... your's just think they know how to spend their money better