Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mm705

New Supreme? -> Bauer ONE90

Thanks for the article really appreciate it. Do the guys in the busines know or think how the shrink wrap effect will work or is it basically a heat molding process with a specially designed boot?

sounds similar to the KOR.

but the 8090 are heavier than XX and XXX..so this mean that there no any ligther than the vapor line...

I could have sworn that I have seen somewhere that the 8090's and XX's are practically the same weight.

Too bad the majority of the people buying skates are only concerned about weight...If fit was truly the number 1 factor in buying skates, we would be a lot bigger player in Ice Hockey skates....

Yeah! Whenever I try to get someone to try a PureFly or S500, they say it is "not stiff enough". And as they try on other skates they tell me they undo the top eyelets for better range of motion! It was futile explaining to them that if they have to undo an eyelet, that there might be an inherent flaw to that skate/fit !?!

but the 8090 are heavier than XX and XXX..so this mean that there no any ligther than the vapor line...

8090 are lighter than XX O.o

it was the lightest skate when they came out,

until the syNergy was released...

and then came the XXX and they were lighter than the 8090

but I think the (main-)construction on both boots is the same...

correct me if i am wrong but i think i am right

Does bauer still have the shroud of silence on the retailers. I was taking to a couple of retailers last week and they "secretly" wouldnt hold my breath for the hype on the skate. I'm still chompin at the bit for info though.

Spoke to someone at a .ca store last night. I was ordering something else and asked him about the one90.....I asked him if the fully moldable carbon fiber boot was what makes it so special....he said he had spoken to his rep quite recently on the product and followed that with "Yeah, kind of, but that isn't the major technology though." He left it at that. I don't know if he was saying it was a fully moldable carbon fiber boot or if he just didnt catch that. He certainly didn't seem to eager to part with any substantial info on the skate, just who was wearing it and that there was a big new technology coming with it.

I was at the flames game against minnisota and it looked like jarome iginla was wearing the one90s :P

(edit)i didnt notice that that was said before :lol:

delete if u want

JR - Do you know when the 'average' NHL will have the One90's available to them?

Do you expect many players to switch from the XXX's? (purely hypothetical)