Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mm705

New Supreme? -> Bauer ONE90

Iginla had to "Beg" for a pair, but Matt Cooke got them? WTF?

It's probably because it took 3 sets of molds before NBH got the fit correct on Iginla's skates this year. :rolleyes:

8090 are lighter than XX O.o

it was the lightest skate when they came out,

until the syNergy was released...

so how much do the synergys weigh then? are they still the lightest?

1. I would look for Olympics in Turin 2006 to be the major showcase for new product from NBH. Nike gloves, Nike pants, and probably the One90 will all have major presentations. This will be the perfect showcase event for new product on an international platform.

2. My NBH rep talked to me yesterday after his 2006 sales meeting. "This skate is unbelievably light. Once the skate is heat molded, it takes on the shape of your ankle when looked at from behind." In September, I mentioned the carbon fibre speed skate boot in my shop. My understanding is that the incredible light weight of carbon fibre combined with its inherent strength has created a boot that offers the best of both worlds: extremely light and extremely strong. Just think if A#1 test player in these skates is the Big E of Torronna then you know the boot must be extremely strong. Before anyone mentions him as the test player for XX and XXX remember he must be very tough on his boots. Also, this type of product is built for performance, not long term durability. You buy a Porsche to go fast and you can buy a Ford to drive around town. "Drivers, Start Your Engines!"

Nick23 Posted on Nov 22 2005, 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Bauer_freAK @ Nov 14 2005, 09:19 AM)

8090 are lighter than XX O.o

it was the lightest skate when they came out,

until the syNergy was released...

so how much do the synergys weigh then? are they still the lightest?

Here are some skate weight...

1. Easton Synergy 1300 8W: 772g

2. Vapor XXX 8 D 776g

3. Easton Synergy 1300 8R: 777g

4. Vapor XXX 8 EE 785g

5. CCM Vector ZG 130 8D: 786g

6. Easton Synergy 1300 8.5R: 787g

7. Nike Flexlite 12 8D: 799g

8. Easton Synergy 2004 8R: 806g

9. Vapor XX 8D 810g

10. 8090 8D 820g

11. CCM Vector Pro 8D: 852g

12. RbK 8K 8D: 860g

Funny how the Synergy 1300 in W is lighter than the R width... they must be using the same size/width of boot in both width, and taking some foam away in the W to make it wider...

Apparently, the One-90 will go on the top of that list as soon as it launches...

Keyser Soze has these skates and said that they are the best skates he has ever worn.

Dave Kujan: "A rumor's not a rumor that doesn't die."

Yep, he practically begged NBH for a pair...like I said before, only certain guys were offered the skate.

thats hard to believe... but if you say so, i wont chalenge that...

Yep, he practically begged NBH for a pair...like I said before, only certain guys were offered the skate.

thats hard to believe... but if you say so, i wont chalenge that...

Yep, straight from the horse's mouth.

When they put certain guys in products, it is usually because they know they are going to beat it up. Look at XN10 - who were the guys that were using the stick first? Guys like Tucker and Sopel.

Do you expect many players to switch from the XXX's? (purely hypothetical)

no, unless they are really custom fitted.

Well, what do you think they do with the XXX?

Look at all of the guys who wore Supreme 7000s a few years back. The Vapor XX/XXX then became the hot skate and while for retail, it doesn't fit everyone, but when they are custom, it's a totally different ballgame. They can make it fit anyone.

From what I hear from NBH, a lot of guys are wanting the skate but they aren't in a position to supply everyone.

Do you expect many players to switch from the XXX's? (purely hypothetical)

no, unless they are really custom fitted.

Well, what do you think they do with the XXX?

Look at all of the guys who wore Supreme 7000s a few years back. The Vapor XX/XXX then became the hot skate and while for retail, it doesn't fit everyone, but when they are custom, it's a totally different ballgame. They can make it fit anyone.

From what I hear from NBH, a lot of guys are wanting the skate but they aren't in a position to supply everyone.

yeah i know, that's why I wrote that.

Does anybody know when these are actually coming out, and if there is going to be an early release for Christmas? Or is that also classified <_<

Does anybody know when these are actually coming out, and if there is going to be an early release for Christmas? Or is that also classified <_<

If only a handful of pros are in them, what makes you think they will be available at retail in a couple weeks?

Does anybody know when these are actually coming out, and if there is going to be an early release for Christmas?  Or is that also classified <_<

If only a handful of pros are in them, what makes you think they will be available at retail in a couple weeks?

Haha, hope + christmas spirit and the need for new skates.. Just wondering

"I thought that there are going to be a number of smaller independent retailers that would be feature stores, around mid Dec or so."

Any truth to that? *crosses fingers*