Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sniper94

Major Jr Sticks

Ok here is my question. Do the Major Jr. Players (CHL) get custom blades. I know that their shafts say PRO STOCK on them but do they get custom blades too or do they just use pro stock with retail patterns? Obiously guys like Phanuf and Crosby would but does everybody? cause thats a lot of sticks? Any info?

Sniper94

i skated this summer with a couple kids from the quebec remparts(sp) from the Q and they both were using retail sticks and are both pretty good. i dont know how many kids are able to use their own pattern up there.

i skated this summer with a couple kids from the quebec remparts(sp) from the Q and they both were using retail sticks and are both pretty good. i dont know how many kids are able to use their own pattern up there.

Anyone can get Custom Sticks,its just the matter of ,if the player wants to get them.

most players in halifax use the 6k or the V.110 and the ones ive seen close up have said something liek D-45 or something like that in the name plate.

most players in halifax use the 6k or the V.110 and the ones ive seen close up have said something liek D-45 or something like that in the name plate.

theyre drury clones, theres l-45's too which are lidstrom clones

I once saw a Kelowna Rocket of the Western Hockey League playing with one of those silver Canadian Tire Vector 90's! Thought that was pretty funny, but then again, I learned he was a last minute call up due to illness of another player.

JJ

Guest Marcelo Cordoba
I think team budget might be another factor in whether some players have customs blades or not....

We have a winner! :D

That and WHL equipment managers that I have dealt with never let a rookie have a custom pattern.

In my five years with my previous employer, Seattle by far led the way with custom patterns for their players. Most other teams had 1 or 2 guys tops.

I do remember seeing a few Sherwood 9950's at a LHS that were marked "CHL 1", CHL 2", "CHL 3", etc.

I would imagine that there are a number of different patterns that differ from off the rack patterns offered by Sherwood. These could be patterned after other companies curves and it is possible that they have the more popular "custom" patterns in this group to make it easy to supply players with what they want in blades.

Anyone have any insight into this?

I do remember seeing a few Sherwood 9950's at a LHS that were marked "CHL 1", CHL 2", "CHL 3", etc.

I would imagine that there are a number of different patterns that differ from off the rack patterns offered by Sherwood. These could be patterned after other companies curves and it is possible that they have the more popular "custom" patterns in this group to make it easy to supply players with what they want in blades.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Doesn't Sherwood have/had (who knows this season) an exclusive deal with the CHL? The Central Hockey League, that is.

Even more so along those lines, would the teams that the players play for have individual contracts with the companies. The local university (NCAA D1) here has a contract with Mission and one player in particular, that I know personally, has his own blade pattern.

I've skated with a guy who plays for the Moose Jaw Warriors and he wasn't using a pro stock. Although he was just a rookie this year.

Easton has always been hard to get with custom blades. They do not seem to be interested in that aftermarket item.

Sher-wood blades may not be the most durable but they usually do a consistent job on matching your pattern. I used them for SOP sticks for a long time and was always very satisfied. They would even customize the paint job so when I requested a white shaft with black Sher-wood lettering and than paint the blade black below the tape, thats how they would arrive. I still have a few in the garage. They are sweet!

I think that post about a Jr team and their budget for equipment is the answer. The teams only have so much $ to spend and its a long season with lots of ice time.

hey darkstar are you RH if you are will to sell one of your old SOP's if there still useable? :P

Thanks for asking but I shoot lefty! Also, I would spec the stick to 48" in length because I like my sticks wicked short since I'm only 5'6"!! Plus, I was having them make up the 7000 as light as possible. The good old days of woodies!! They should make the new NHL use wood only!

hey darkstar are you RH if you are will to sell one of your old SOP's if there still useable? :P

Thanks for asking but I shoot lefty! Also, I would spec the stick to 48" in length because I like my sticks wicked short since I'm only 5'6"!! Plus, I was having them make up the 7000 as light as possible. The good old days of woodies!! They should make the new NHL use wood only!

and how exactly would that help what the "new" NHL is trying to achieve... ie more goals faster play, etc. im not saying that composites have that much to do w/ it but doesnt taking them away sound a little counter-productive?

and how exactly would that help what the "new" NHL is trying to achieve... ie more goals faster play, etc. im not saying that composites have that much to do w/ it but doesnt taking them away sound a little counter-productive?

You're opening a whole new can of worms here....