Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M-Cohen

Songs with storys..

also i think that Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 is about the poverty in africa. i believe.

Sunday Bloody Sunday is another U2 song with a story

also i think that Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 is about the poverty in africa. i believe.

Sunday Bloody Sunday is another U2 song with a story

I have that in my list...

i dont think ive heard a song that doesnt have a story to it. i mean ppl write songs to tell stories ? dont they ?

or to say how they feel at a certain time, about a certain event, happening, person, house, town, etc..

There are really no rules for writing songs..

I have to disagree. Hollaback girl?

good call theres not stroy to that what so ever. it sound like 3 songs morphed in to one. i hate it its so damn catchie.

good call theres not stroy to that what so ever. it sound like 3 songs morphed in to one. i hate it its so damn catchie.

Its catchy= I secretly like it, but I'm too embarassed to admit it. Its okay, I used to think Kelly Clarkson was catchy, now I can admit I like her a lot. Random thought- I wish I could date Kelly for like a month, treat her like shit, and then dump her. She'd write such a cool song about me.

Its catchy= I secretly like it, but I'm too embarassed to admit it. Its okay, I used to think Kelly Clarkson was catchy, now I can admit I like her a lot. Random thought- I wish I could date Kelly for like a month, treat her like shit, and then dump her. She'd write such a cool song about me.

lol kosy you got it. i cant get enough of the hollaback girl remix, well i dont like ti nemore but i did love it.

Kelly Clarkson has some pretty good rock songs but I just can't get into bands with girl singers. I DONT want to start a argument and Im not trying to be sexiest or anything. Fleetwood Mac is alright but again girl voice so I cant get into it. I dont know why.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA ! :D , Thats got to be one of the funnyest things i've heard all week! I'm deffinatlly going to be quoting u on that one!

Kelly Clarkson has some pretty good rock songs but I just can't get into bands with girl singers. I DONT want to start a argument and Im not trying to be sexiest or anything. Fleetwood Mac is alright but again girl voice so I cant get into it. I dont know why.

How about Janis Joplin or Grace Slick with Jefferson Airplane? They both smoked enough cigarettes, you can't tell the difference. ;)

How about Janis Joplin or Grace Slick with Jefferson Airplane? They both smoked enough cigarettes, you can't tell the difference. ;)

I can't get into a debate with anyone who thinks Kelly Clarkson is good for obvious reasons but....

If you want to listen to some women who have some decent rock-ish songs

Liz Phair- "Supernova" is a great tune

Meredith Brooks

Letters to Cleo- "Here and Now" is still one of my favorites

L7- no, not a mission product

4 non blondes- great Zepplin cover on the tribute disc

Joan Osbourne- I've heard her do some bluesy-rockin' stuff

Hell, even Heart had some decent stuff in their prime

I could go on for days

Oooh, good call on L7. I'd go ahead and add Lush to that list too. As for Liz Phair, I'm still going with "Fuck and Run" as her song.

Oooh, good call on L7. I'd go ahead and add Lush to that list too. As for Liz Phair, I'm still going with "Fuck and Run" as her song.

I vaguely recall Lush from Lollapalooza, jesus and mary chain were half decent as well from what little bits I recall.

Joan Osbourne- I've heard her do some bluesy-rockin' stuff

Have you heard her live album from before she hit it big? Really good stuff, especially a song called "Get Up, Jack."