Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pactfor

warrior hockey

I would consider Peranis a box store.

As far as Inno - Hehatemefrisbee's shop in Orchard Lake also sells Inno.

Absolutely correct, chain stores, box stores, one in the same.

I don't see why carrying INNO is a big deal, I could have, chose not to. They would sell to any shop, no restrictions.

I don't see why carrying INNO is a big deal, I could have, chose not to. They would sell to any shop, no restrictions.

The few times I talked to them they said they didn't want any new dealers as they couldn't fully supply their current dealers. I think it's overrated in any case. The blades are good but the shafts are ok at best. The newest design is the Novius and that is how old now?

I guess the big deal is yuo have to have the patience to put up with their crap. The guy in charge of northern distribution is practically impossible to get ahold of. He doesnt seem real interested in doing much.

I guess the big deal is yuo have to have the patience to put up with their crap. The guy in charge of northern distribution is practically impossible to get ahold of. He doesnt seem real interested in doing much.

And tell me again, why do I want or need to carry this line then?

And tell me again, why do I want or need to carry this line then?

So with the buyout, aren't the INNO folks out of the loop? Doesn't Warrior have a whole new "team"?

BTW, not one, zero of my customers ever asked for a INNO stick. That's the reason I didn't carry their stuff. So I never got to the "distribution" problems.

When the deal went through, we were told that we would have first dibbs on Warrior as an inno store. We havent heard anything about it since then, so who knows. I honestly cant imagine that the change of ownership will really change the attitude of the company. I still expect them to be pretty lazy. All of the smaller companies are like this for some reason. Graf and Eagle are both incredibly annoying to do business with too. I dont get how they stay in business.

When the deal went through, we were told that we would have first dibbs on Warrior as an inno store. We havent heard anything about it since then, so who knows. I honestly cant imagine that the change of ownership will really change the attitude of the company. I still expect them to be pretty lazy. All of the smaller companies are like this for some reason. Graf and Eagle are both incredibly annoying to do business with too. I dont get how they stay in business.

I ended up canceling a lot of my Eagle order. My rep is a great guy but the company is horrible. While customer service with mission-itech is almost as good as it used to be, the credit department is absolutely terrible. We have to ship returns back to them with a tracking number to verify that it gets back to them yet they don't credit the account and bill us for replacements. That part of the company is a joke.

The article made no mention of patterns, has anyone heard anything? I assume since its inno, we'll see the "Federov" "Kovalev" and "McCarty", and if theres Murray, ill cream in my jeans

I still expect them to be pretty lazy. All of the smaller companies are like this for some reason.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if I do understand you, it might not be laziness so much as lack of capital.

My guess is you're suggesting that the smaller companies aren't consistent in presenting a sales/service presence. Sometimes that's not affordable for a smaller company until it can establish a rep network.

Now, if you're referring to a smaller company being lazy with its service, well that is inexcusable. It's inexcusable for any company, but particularly for a company that would like to heard over the din.

When the deal went through, we were told that we would have first dibbs on Warrior as an inno store.  We havent heard anything about it since then, so who knows. I honestly cant imagine that the change of ownership will really change the attitude of the company. I still expect them to be pretty lazy. All of the smaller companies are like this for some reason. Graf and Eagle are both incredibly annoying to do business with too. I dont get how they stay in business.

I ended up canceling a lot of my Eagle order. My rep is a great guy but the company is horrible. While customer service with mission-itech is almost as good as it used to be, the credit department is absolutely terrible. We have to ship returns back to them with a tracking number to verify that it gets back to them yet they don't credit the account and bill us for replacements. That part of the company is a joke.

Same thing with us, our Eagle rep is great. Its his company that pisases me off. Same thing with Graf.

As far as what i mean by laziness, I guess I mean more of ineptitude. The people at inno seem to be totally useless when trying to order something from them.

When the deal went through, we were told that we would have first dibbs on Warrior as an inno store.  We havent heard anything about it since then, so who knows. I honestly cant imagine that the change of ownership will really change the attitude of the company. I still expect them to be pretty lazy. All of the smaller companies are like this for some reason. Graf and Eagle are both incredibly annoying to do business with too. I dont get how they stay in business.

I will have to say, the shipping dept at THC is the worst. I could give lots of scenarios, but how's this sound, two weeks ago, I got one steel blade by itself in a box on Monday, one in a box on Tues, and one on Wed. $6 shipping for each box. There goes the profit. I'm certain no human is involved in their shipping dept, except for the guy who tapes the box. No common sense approach to shipping, stupid computer generated program. Nothing worse than losing profit because a company doesn't know/care how a customer is billed for shipping

Dude if you think that's bad...you should've seen what my old shop in Orlando got from them a couple of months ago. One runner and 4 lead pipes taped together. No lie. I even have the picture.

THC is CCM right?

Their shipping problems must be deep rooted. A number of years ago, the shop that I was working for had bulk ordered a number of CCM rowing machines. Blew them out the door at a smokin price! I got a call from a customer who was fuming. We had delivered his machine and had just opened the box........... NO MACHINE!! 6 pairs of Super Tacks and an assortment of gloves elbows and shins! I told the guy...... keep the gear and sell it and I'll pop a box and manke sure the next "machine" he picked up would have a machine in it. I figured that the guy had better than a grand worth of gear in that box and he had paid 119.99 for it. Crazy!

We ended up checking all the boxes and found 20+ pairs fo Tacks plus other sundry items..... we didn't even carry Tacks, but, we sold those ones. We, the staff, wrote it off to some kind of labor dispute that CCM had going on.

I will have to say, the shipping dept at THC is the worst. I could give lots of scenarios, but how's this sound, two weeks ago, I got one steel blade by itself in a box on Monday, one in a box on Tues, and one on Wed. $6 shipping for each box. There goes the profit. I'm certain no human is involved in their shipping dept, except for the guy who tapes the box. No common sense approach to shipping, stupid computer generated program. Nothing worse than losing profit because a company doesn't know/care how a customer is billed for shipping

How about shipping an incomplete team order, stopping production of the item before the order was filled then charging a restocking fee after I sent it back and paying all the shipping both ways?

Dude if you think that's bad...you should've seen what my old shop in Orlando got from them a couple of months ago. One runner and 4 lead pipes taped together. No lie. I even have the picture.

How about a box with NOTHING in it!

I'm practically begging my THC rep to get the 2nd delivery(8/1/05 ship date) out the door now! I have already cancelled 3/4 of the 2nd delivery but need the RBK/CCM goalie gear and CCM replacement blades that I kept open on the order. I know I beat the drum alot for BNH but THC AND Easton make it so easy for BNH to succeed that its pathetic. I would hate to be a THC rep and watch my dealers cancel all their booking orders because THC can't ship. BTW, a few weeks ago the customer service guy at THC told me they moved into a new warehouse and the crew was having a hard time filling orders and finding product! Yeah, that makes sense, open another new warehouse at the start of your busy season. What a bunch of clowns. And I busted my balls writing a booking order in January for product they still haven't shipped. I can't wait for Pump 9 K, another grand no-show. Thank God, I sold a pair of RBK 8K skates tonight just as we were closing. I need to move their inventory now before I'm stuck with it.

question for you guys with problems with THC or others, how communicative were they with you? i.e. what steps did they take to get to know you and your store and you individual needs as a store?

question for you guys with problems with THC or others, how communicative were they with you? i.e. what steps did they take to get to know you and your store and you individual needs as a store?

They do not take steps to get to know you. They have no interest in your individual needs. The people at customer service just take orders over the phone. LL Bean has better customer service than THC or Easton. BNH has excellent customer service. This is one of the main reasons that BNH "gets it." BNH does take care of your needs and does get to know you. I have a dedicated customer service guy at BNH who is simply the best in the business. All the other customer service people at other companies are just waiting for their next job in life while they answer the phone. I called THC twice regarding the late 2nd delivery. Both times I was told the order is on "hold." And THC had still not made the cancellation adjustments that I had faxed to my rep. I called the rep but his hands are tied, too. There is so much smoke blown up your butt in this industry by the vendors, its a wonder it hasn't exploded!

Hattrick74, I do not know your position in this business. I am interested to know if you are in the hockey business. Let me know and this conversation could get very interesting.

I'm practically begging my THC rep to get the 2nd delivery(8/1/05 ship date) out the door now! I have already cancelled 3/4 of the 2nd delivery but need the RBK/CCM goalie gear and CCM replacement blades that I kept open on the order. I know I beat the drum alot for BNH but THC AND Easton make it so easy for BNH to succeed that its pathetic. I would hate to be a THC rep and watch my dealers cancel all their booking orders because THC can't ship. BTW, a few weeks ago the customer service guy at THC told me they moved into a new warehouse and the crew was having a hard time filling orders and finding product! Yeah, that makes sense, open another new warehouse at the start of your busy season. What a bunch of clowns. And I busted my balls writing a booking order in January for product they still haven't shipped. I can't wait for Pump 9 K, another grand no-show. Thank God, I sold a pair of RBK 8K skates tonight just as we were closing. I need to move their inventory now before I'm stuck with it.

I have to agree with you on THC, big time, all my orders were late and still haven't got a lot of my January booking. But at least they aren't politically motivated when it comes to opening accounts. Nepitism is rampant in that company.

If you look through today's NHL Gallery pics, Kevin Dallman of Boston is using a new Warrior stick. It's black with organge lettering. The blade looks identicle to the checkerboard design of the True 1. The stick he is using does not look like the sticks Robitaille and Lang are using. Their's seems to be a different color.