Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingjames23rulz

What curve to use for picking puck up

To answer your question, any curve will work just fine, but it's really how you do it, like your actual technique. The curves I use work fine for me, and just as suggestions, they are Easton Sakic, and every once in a while a Bauer Jokinen. Just use a curve you are comfortable with.

No offense and it is none of my business, but if you are looking for a blade for that sole purpose, you might want to think of your hockey priorities.

I'd have to agree with that. Why would you bother spending that amount of time one move which isn't even a move that you'll realisticly you at all.

picking the puck up is easy. I know horrible hockey players who can do it. Practice it for 10 minutes and it wont make a difference what curve you use. Ive been able to do it no problem and fast forever and not once has a situation came up in a game or even a practice were i could use it effectivly

Exactly. The only time i've used the move is in shootouts in practice, and even then im doin the through the legs one the guy on the colts did, so im defiantely never trying that in a game. Im scared to try the michigan incase i screw up and the coach castrates me. ;)

i can do it with any curve, hell i even do the hisey one, and i use standard modano no tape on heel its even easy. just have to have right technique

I really had a hell of a time trying to do the hisey one between the legs. I just can't get the coordination down to pick it up and take it through the legs without dropping it or flinging it off somewhere.

The only time I ever do it is picking up pucks after warmups...but all that time adds up....but i dont do the michigan...i have my own little technique i do...Ive never seen anybody else do it...but Im sure Im not the first to have done it.

1) put puck 2 feet infront of your skates

2) toe drag it back 1 foot

3) get your blade right where the puck will be comeing...bout one foot and one inch behind your first 2 feet.

4) puck will/should be on your blade.

5) It seems much simpler and takes alot less motion than that michigan, but just somthing to

but for this move, i have used the Nash curve for TPS

Rechi for CCM

Elias for mission

what is the hisey?

by the way..i just started to get the puck on my stick...after like 1yr and a hlaf by trying it..still can't do it on ice...

I think the biggest factor...is the Flex on youre stick...i can do it on a 85 flex but cant on a stiffer stick..same as my friend...compared to his INT synergy to a REG RBK...

u need to try and flex the stick as much as u can. the hisey is where you put ur stick between your legs, scoop puck up, bring it thorugh your legs and in one motion snipe it. tough forsure, i find it easiest with the 85 flex SL

Those move like everyone says are easy to do after a little practice. but If you have a curve like iginla modano(no big curves), it will be easier. The flex has nothing to do in that.

If you wanna practice something for the sole reason of impressing other people, practice saucer passes, nothing looks better than a really high saucer pass that drops right onto somebody stick. Practice them forehand and backhand, theyre really useful in a game and they look good.

I use fairly deep heel curves and do the Michigan move on the ice.I only tape toe to middle but,it is still fairly easy. I can do it with a lot of flex or no flex. It is definately your techinique. Practice with stick wax on your blade to get the feel of picking it up.

PS. The Hisey move is really hard, I can pick the puck up between my legs,but mess up after that. Any tips?

If you wanna practice something for the sole reason of impressing other people, practice saucer passes, nothing looks better than a really high saucer pass that drops right onto somebody stick. Practice them forehand and backhand, theyre really useful in a game and they look good.

I second this notion :), and its actually a useful skill

I find that Michigan moves come eaiser to me using a toe curve like the Shanny. I don't really know why, the puck just seems to get up onto the blade a whole lot eaiser.

If you wanna practice something for the sole reason of impressing other people, practice saucer passes, nothing looks better than a really high saucer pass that drops right onto somebody stick.  Practice them forehand and backhand, theyre really useful in a game and they look good.

I second this notion :), and its actually a useful skill

thats right....i usually give saucer pass's in warmups even though they arent needed just to improve them...and that guys right...looks amzing when you can do it at full speed game.

The hisey is really hard, I can do the michigan and a hisey variation(pick it up mighigan style, spin around and snipe), but just not threw the legs. Picking it up threw the legs is hard for me but o well. Its not really importat. Also saucer passes are really sweet. I practise them alll the time and its awsome when i do them in games. They seem to be one of my "specialties".

oic what the hissey is...i can do it...not the michigan type though....my way with the toe drag style...and another thing i always wanted to do....is when people do the michigan...then they twist there sticks around in circles back and forth...and the puck dont fall of. Thought that would be cool.

I use fairly deep heel curves and do the Michigan move on the ice.I only tape toe to middle but,it is still fairly easy. I can do it with a lot of flex or no flex. It is definately your techinique. Practice with stick wax on your blade to get the feel of picking it up.

PS. The Hisey move is really hard, I can pick the puck up between my legs,but mess up after that. Any tips?

if you can pick the puck through your legs, practice bringing your stick back through yuor legs with the puck still on the blade ( so your stick is now in front of you, just as it would be if you picked the puck up normally). Once you have that down its easy. Just do it really fast and all in one motion. The less i think about it when i do it, the easier it is.

I use  fairly deep heel curves and do the  Michigan move on the ice.I only tape toe to middle but,it is still fairly easy. I can do it with a lot of flex or no flex. It is definately your techinique. Practice with stick wax on your blade to get the feel of picking it up.

if you can pick the puck through your legs, practice bringing your stick back through yuor legs with the puck still on the blade ( so your stick is now in front of you, just as it would be if you picked the puck up normally). Once you have that down its easy. Just do it really fast and all in one motion. The less i think about it when i do it, the easier it is.

once you got it one time, you will have it for the rest of your life and you can do it slow and fast.

just to add: THIN composite or ABS blades tend to work better then thick (wooden) ones with the "pick the puck up" moves... I remember that when I was starting out I made a switch to a much thinner blade and it made a world of difference with those tricks, honest.

I would say a flatter blade would work better than a big curve for sure, but people can do these moves with all different patterns.

I learned to do it after practising it for about 10 minutes. It's way easier to do on clean ice with dry tape. Once the ice is all covered in snow (like at the end of a practise), it's very hard to do. Wax may help also to keep the tape dry and give you grip on the puck.

I found that the key to scooping it was getting both hands low to the ice and pressing the puck with the bottom of part of the blade to get the puck to start to lift near the top of the blade. Then once the front of the puck lifts, just drag back keeping your hands low and then roll your wrist to allow the centripetal force to keep the puck pinned to your stick.

I've actually started doing it on the backhand now. It's a little trickier, but still not that hard once you get it that first time.

Can't do the Hisey move, but I've only tried through the legs a few times.

I am with the others that said that the saucer pass is much more practical to learn. I am trying to get better at those all the time. Anyone have any pointers for the saucer pass?

I am with the others that said that the saucer pass is much more practical to learn. I am trying to get better at those all the time. Anyone have any pointers for the saucer pass?

Let the puck slide from heel to toe, leave the face slightly open and slightly elevated on your followthrough. Get that working on your backhand and you're money.