Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Molson TV Ad

Finally saw this one tonight. Way better than NHL Warrior. Leave it to a Canadian beer company to come up with better advertising than the NHL. The NHL only had a year to get it together for marketing!

That commercial got me pumped for the new season... while I can't drink beer, I'll drink my Mountain Dew to that! :lol:

i love it...first it was 'do you really want to hurt me' and now its 'what a feeling'. the big guy at the end that dances just makes the commercial worth seeing.

molson is actually no longer a canadian beer company...

they were bought out by coors about 5-6 months ago, thats why you will never see any more commercials with the slogan "I AM CANADIAN" its always "IT STARTS HERE"... my Molson/Coors beer rep for my store has been telling me that coors made the worst decision when they bought out molson, cause Molson is going out of buisness, and Molson is losing out on a lot of the sales to labatt's...

but an amazing commercial I LOVE IT...

Can anyone post a link to this ad?

KC, some of your facts are off. As we know, these huge companies can make their numbers do almost anything. In terms of it's North American operations, Molson is making money hand over fist. What's hurting them is a couple of years ago they spent big bucks acquiring a major brewery in Brazil.

Right now Brazil is opearating at a big loss, but they anticipated that as it's a much longer term investment.

In terms of the merger, Labatt did theirs a few years ago with InterBrew out of Europe. Now Molson is doing the same with Coors.

Like CCM and Bauer, what were good Canadian companies have now been absorbed into the global giants. Only time will tell how the brands will be affected.

Cheers,

JJ

"now i'm dannnncing for my liiiiiiiiiiiife" hahahaha

just a quick question, does everyone who can drink beer drink it when they watch hockey? the molson ad says nothing about beer, and everything about guys loving hockey, so does it actually make you want to drink beer when you watch hockey?

just a quick question, does everyone who can drink beer drink it when they watch hockey? the molson ad says nothing about beer, and everything about guys loving hockey, so does it actually make you want to drink beer when you watch hockey?

That's like a question about your blade -- it's personal preference.

I probably drank at two games in my life, but quickly discovered I preferred being sober while watching games. I enjoy watching sports and didn't like having slower comprehension while following the play. It certainly saves money, also. :)

However, personal preference or not, I have no respect for people who become so drunk at a game that they become a danger on the road. I remember one game particularly where a man was there with his nine-ish son. Over time, I began to realize he was getting very drunk.

I turned to my buddy and said, "You know what's the sad thing? He's going to be driving his son home."

"I was thinking the same thing."

I don't usually drink at games because of the expense, at home, I don't come from a drinking family so I usually won't have one unless I'm out with friends.

It's weird you mention that Salming, usually at the ACC people are pretty decent, few rowdy drunks, but nobody terrible. Last game I went to though, first game of the pre-season there was this drunk who was just GONE! 2 seats between my girlfriend and him, but nobody took those seats until late in the first period so he didn't shut up the till then. Our seats are first row balcolny, he lost his hat over when he was looking. He fell asleep for most of the second and third. When he awoke late in the game he decided it was then time to scream at the people below to find his hat. Obviously they didn't look up, but he sure looked like he was going to fall down a few times.

I don't usually drink at games because of the expense, at home, I don't come from a drinking family so I usually won't have one unless I'm out with friends.

It's weird you mention that Salming, usually at the ACC people are pretty decent, few rowdy drunks, but nobody terrible. Last game I went to though, first game of the pre-season there was this drunk who was just GONE! 2 seats between my girlfriend and him, but nobody took those seats until late in the first period so he didn't shut up the till then. Our seats are first row balcolny, he lost his hat over when he was looking. He fell asleep for most of the second and third. When he awoke late in the game he decided it was then time to scream at the people below to find his hat. Obviously they didn't look up, but he sure looked like he was going to fall down a few times.

That reminds me of a few games I saw in Pittsburgh. I've been in almost a dozen NHL buildings for games and there are always some fans that are piss drunk before the opening faceoff. Then it gets worse.

The ACC is normally good with that stuff. They have a special Bar area where you can stand around and watch the games, they have a limit and the lines are generally so long that you can't get THAT drunk unless you miss the game. He was drunk before the game, but as it went on it got alot worse. It was the first time I've seen anyone this bad, I was sure he was going to fall over.