Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

malcb33

Mission Stick Question

On the new Mission 06 site theres a pic of Aaron Moss with a gold L2 shaft! Someone on MSH awhile back was saying that they have seen someone testing a gold hex-2 tapered combo, could this be a HEX-2? Personly I hope mission does come out with a new tapered shaft, something a little lighter than the old L-2, with the hex blades! IMO the hex blades are real nice great feel and durablity, it would cool if this was a replacment blade option! Justin can you shed some light on this one?

I'm pretty sure Justin has said they try a bunch of different color combos when rolling stuff off the line ...and in the past a lot of the test stuff has the L2 on it even OPS's etc..

i think they are a one time thing.. stephen cambell was using one of those at Torhs Nationals when he was playing with OC Cowboys.. havent seen many around.. so im assuming they r just tests

Everytime I click on something on the Mission Roller section, I just a blank white page? Anyone else getting this?

Where are you guys getting these pics of the players and stuff?

HAHA...check out Justin...big pimpin'...nice beard...how long it take you to grow that? :P

A really long time...lol....I was some bummed when I shaved it....

I'm Justin's counterpart in the stick department at Mission. The stick you see Aaron with is our new OPS. Graphics were not finished when this photo was shot. We have been testing this product since early spring and will release it later this fall. The gold color is the non-grip stick, the grip version will be black. The sticks will start to show up in the NHL shortly. We have several NHL players currently using the technology, but their sticks are painted HEX colors for now.

We will be releasing 2 new OPS this fall, as well as a new 2-piece (L-2 style) stick, a replacement to the M-2 shaft, an expanded tapered blade line and possibly standard connection blades. As soon as I get final color samples with graphics on everything I'll post a pic of the complete line.

Thats great news MikeO! I can't wait to see the new stuff! That gold OPS looks awesome in that pic of Aaron Moss, hopefully it doesn't change to much when it gets to retail!

We do have several Pros playing a Mission wood blade including Krik French and Brian Rafalski. We also make wood blades for several college teams.

Great stuff, Mike. Glad to hear Mission is stayin on top of their game and gettin some new additions to the stick market. I would love a Hex2 kinda shaft. Love the feel of the Hex1. I would snatch a Hex2 up in second.

Custom composites? I swear the first company that does my curve in a composite with at least half decent feel will earn my undying love.

hey mikeo - whats up with the leopold sticks i love these m1s but cannot find them here on the west coast anymore? will u make any new versions to include leopold curve??

I'm not sure if you're if you're being sarcastic Playa or not. But I'll assume you're serious...It's a Season, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. So when he said Fall, he meant between October-Early Decemberish.

We are no longer producing any M-1s. You can get a Leopold curve in an L-2. If not now, very soon. Our vendor started shipping L-2 Leopold's to the warehouse a couple of weeks ago.

Living in Southern California, "Fall" means the last week of November! We're hoping to get some of the new product to US and Canada dealers by December. Look for it in the UK in early '06.

Autumn to you and I Playa28.

Hope Mission bring back the MacAuley curve (Lidstrom Clone)... loved my old M1.

Have Mission ditched MacAuley's name because he no longer plays in Toronto? Think they haven't had his name on stuff since 2004?

McCauley curve is alive and will be available in L-2 shortly. I hope to have it available in HEX around the first of '06. It will also be one of the curves in the new stick line.

McCauley curve is alive and will be available in L-2 shortly. I hope to have it available in HEX around the first of '06. It will also be one of the curves in the new stick line.

PLEASE PLEASE Do another "Cole" type curve...

It was the closest thing to the Shanahan curve besides...well...the Shanahan!!

I've switched all my other equipment over to Mission already.

The only thing left is my stick and since Easton doesn't offer the Shanahan in any of their new lines....I need a new stick BUT I need a Shanahan curve.

PLEASE!! =)

I know you'll get lots of converts coming over from Easton.

THANKS!

lol oh so many requests.. if the curve sells well or theres a popular demand then they will make the curve.. im sure alot of the m-1 curves will be used for the L-2.. not saying all, but most

Sorry, but i've got one more question for you MIKEO/JUSTIN! Are the lastest batch of L-2's still made by that golf company or have you switch all your sticks to the other manufactor (truetemper?)?