Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hehatemefrisbee

Ugliest pads?

dipietro's pads would look a billion times better without the colors, just vintage brown

Like Fluery's only brown, right?

This was a tuff one for me to decide on just one pair to be the "Ugliest Pads". I've seen some nasty purple/sportgold/black all pro glo Eagles that would rank up there pretty high. Some nasty bed sheet looking pattern Velo's that a goalie in Europe is wearing...But these were my final selection.

t1.jpg

Not because of the colours as you might first suspect. But more because of the nasty mods. These pads just turned out all wrong. The taper top, the closed "open" toe, the wrap around knee, the two boot straps (should have one) and two shin straps (should have 3) and the stupid wedge in the outer roll between the boot and shin areas...

t6.jpg

t3.jpg

t5.jpg

BTW...these are Turco / Dallas Stars pro returns and are for sale at Dukes if anyone is interested in a set of "Frankenpads"....

i dont have a pic but i dont like the pads kipper is wearing right now. i think he should go back to the ccms

Velo 2s?

LMD108101322_lower.jpg

they look like koho's circa '96....at least thats what they remind me of, Patick Roy's old Koho pads.

Btw, whats the wedge for on the Turco pad? does it have any functiona at all?

i dont have a pic but i dont like the pads kipper is wearing right now. i think he should go back to the ccms

Velo 2s?

LMD108101322_lower.jpg

yess thats them. IMO they dont look as good as the CCMs did.

Fluery's pads definitely take the honor for ugliest.

Depietro's look pretty bad too, but the RbK Pumps on Parrish??

Sexyyyyyyy :D

Fluery's pads definitely take the honor for ugliest.

I don't know...I kind of like those, but the pads in this picture behind Heatley....

dany32wb.th.jpg

It's hard to tell, but they look like Kohos. The color combination is just gross.

BURN IN HELL GOOD SIR!(No don't) V2's are the best... and the pads behind Heatly look like Xceeds to me.

BURN IN HELL GOOD SIR!(No don't) V2's are the best... and the pads behind Heatly look like Xceeds to me.

i should probably add im not a goalie and know nothing about goalie gear.

for those who like the old school old brown leather style pads, heres a pic from the iiSHF championships of a guy who play for the Great britain mens team

tanner3fn.th.jpg

personally i like them.... bt i know they wont be to everyones tastes! :D

nowadays they look really unique though!