Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave

TPS Response Plus Gloves (black cable-knit)

I've never been a huge fan of the Response gloves based on appearance, but those look nice.

I never liked the Response gloves but the R+ is a great glove. Even the wrist protector isn't that bad.

Hey Hockeyshark, do you think I could order the exact same gloves except they have the cable knit red and have the normal size 14"

Getting the in 14" is certainly easier than getting my combination. I also bet the have red cable-knit as it appears they have all NHL colors.

The "custom" thing about them is that they are made of black cable-knit (close to nylon), 14" with 15" fingers and have my name on cuff.

I spoke with my rep today and he tells me that there is no difference in the fingers used on a 14" and a 15" glove. He says that the gloves can be ordered in standard, 1/2" shorter or longer fingers, but, that is in the length of the fingers/gussets themselves.

The difference between 14" and 15" gloves lies in the number of backrolls, or, the length of the cuff.

I guess I am confused about the fingers on your glove.

Note that I have cut off the "flap" part of the new cuff

From Shark's first post.

You're right.

Shark got the longer fingers.

Ah, OK. He said he got " 14" with 15" fingers." That is why I was confused.

Will the 15" length affect all the gloves' rolls? I'm guessing mine will have 5 then. Hot damn, loving TPS.

how can you tell what size gloves are right for you? i am debating a pair of these and dont know what size? i am using mission pros L and pro vapor xx 14's but the bauers seem much bigger then 14's

All of these custom gloves are making me envious...

I have custom HG1s however the palm is shot and I'd rather get cable knit. I may go ahead and make the ones they made for Heatley for myself.

So TPS has so many options for the public. It puts all other companies to shame. What gloves do the HG1 compare to in fit . I am interested in ordering, but I want to know what they feel like. Also is it possible to get split fingers, but without the stagered edge at the split point?

There must be, because JR said mack got HG1's with HGT fingers. If the only difference was the fingers, mack would have HGT's. I don't know what the difference is, but I know the fingers is not the only one.