Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave

TPS Response Plus Gloves (black cable-knit)

A few days ago, I have received my custom TPS '04 Response Plus gloves (kudos to JR who handled the custom order). The "custom" thing about them is that they are made of black cable-knit (close to nylon), 14" with 15" fingers and have my name on cuff. Turnaround was 4 weeks.

The new features on the '04 Response gloves (now called "Response Plus") are the new cuff design and the new palm material called Digi-Tech (which is supposed to enhance grip). Note that I have cut off the "flap" part of the new cuff. The retail glove with complete cuff looks like this:

hg82_04.jpg

The cable-knit material seems very tough, stronger than any glove materail I have ever seen and certainly stronger than standard nylon. The Digi-Tech palms are pretty soft but they are not of the ultra-thin variety. I can not yet judge if they enhance grip as I have not yet had the chance to take them to the rink. Here are a couple of shots (click to enlarge). I will post a review in a few weeks.

resplus1a.JPG resplus2a.JPG resplus3a.JPG

resplus4a.JPG resplus5a.JPG

Those are definatly nice gloves. I bet they set you bakc quite a bit though. It's just too bad they forgot the accents on your name. Still those are really nice.

It's just too bad they forgot the accents on your name.

LOL, which accents? not all Europeans have accents on their names! And if there are accents, they are usually on "a"s or "e"s. I might be Kîppîñg, though.

As for the price, please contact JR for a quote. It's not nearly as bad as all these Eagle-cutsom prices floating around the board.

Those definitely get the Geki seal of approval. VERY sharp indeed! I was curious to see if TPS would keep the coolmax liner, I really loved that liner, sadly the HGT's have that bunktastic felty liner that sticks to your hand.

I may have to get myself a pair of those.

Just had a feeling, I know when you spell my name properly it's got some accents on it, and I just figured, what ever though see what assuming does? haha. Those are sick though, I would get a pair if I had the money.

Those definitely get the Geki seal of approval. VERY sharp indeed! I was curious to see if TPS would keep the coolmax liner, I really loved that liner, sadly the HGT's have that bunktastic felty liner that sticks to your hand.

I may have to get myself a pair of those.

Thank you Geki, I value your opionion as our "glove-pope".

As for the "wrist-guard": It is NOT exactly a wrist guard à la '03 Z-Airs. It's just a flat pad that sits on top of your forearm and moves with the hand. It's nice when you have short elbow-pads, but with long ones they get in the way so I cut them off.

very nice. i also really like coolmax liners. i think the only thing that i would have gotten in addition to your options would be air knit gussets.

very nice. i also really like coolmax liners. i think the only thing that i would have gotten in addition to your options would be air knit gussets.

I have considered air-knit gussets as I like them a lot, but to my knowledge they were not available on this model.

pardon my ignorance, but what are air-gussets?

very nice gloves shark. i really shouldn't have looked at this thread. just makes me want to order a set even though i just got a pair of last year's model in december. maybe in a month or so. the new cuff design looks a whole hell of a lot more protective than the old one. looks just as moble too. i think my only gripe about the new ones are that funky oval symbol on the top. i wonder if they can leave that off when i order mine? can you better describe what the new palms are like....like texture, rubber'ness, so forth?

"Gussets" refers to the fabric used for the parts between your fingers (that connects the palm to the padding). "Air-knit" refers to a mesh-like fabric that allows air to dissipate.

The palms are not rubber-like but as you can see form the enlarged pic of the palm, there is a well-noticable "Hi-Lo" texture (sorry, can't describe it better) on the entire fabric.

pardon my ignorance, but what are air-gussets?

very nice gloves shark. i really shouldn't have looked at this thread. just makes me want to order a set even though i just got a pair of last year's model in december. maybe in a month or so. the new cuff design looks a whole hell of a lot more protective than the old one. looks just as moble too. i think my only gripe about the new ones are that funky oval symbol on the top. i wonder if they can leave that off when i order mine? can you better describe what the new palms are like....like texture, rubber'ness, so forth?

I have them on my Sande's . Just like what Shark said. You may be able to see them in the pics I took of my gloves if you search for them. BTW - Nice gloves, Shark.

Hey Hockeyshark, do you think I could order the exact same gloves except they have the cable knit red and have the normal size 14"